All reviews lake tahoe quiet at night rooms are clean enjoyed our stay cereal nv furniture
Reviewed 4 November 2016

Photos on their site are deceiving! We had a 9 day stay at this place. Was greeted by a friendly lady at which time I informed her that we had a prepaid reservation. Upon arrival we attempted to use the ac/heater unit....husband had to have the front desk come and they inserted a plastic chip into the light switch beside the door to get it to work? While unpacking I heard a dripping noise, faucet in the bathroom was leaking. I always check out a room before getting completely comfortable. Mirror on wall dirty, indicates to us maids don't care, oh well. Torn carpet, mold under soap dish and edge of tub on the floor. Dead spider behind bathroom door (lol, I hear ya....really! get over it.) My travel agent booked this place so it must not be all that bad even though I agreed to it. For a nine day stay what made it appealing was the fact that it had on site laundry facilities, in room coffee (a absolute must for my husband) and a blow dryer...so we thought. No laundry room, no blow dryer unless you ask. The holder is there but the blow dryers have been removed??? Oh well. We could find a laundry mat, no big deal and I could let my hair dry naturally...As for the in room coffee that is only for your first nights stay...after that all we received was excuse after excuse of why it was not provided...someone needed to go to Reno to pick up supplies, the owners don't care, the truck hasn't came in, any excuse you can think of it was given. Room was cleaned once without asking, other than that we had to request that it be cleaned. Once we were asked if our room needed to be cleaned and the maid Misty was told yes. Well, upon arriving back to our room at 10:30 pm it was not cleaned and no clean towels, trash needed to be taken out...
This place does provide breakfast a plus and not to bad. Waffles, toast, mini muffins, bagels, microwave sausage, egg whites, biscuits and gravy, juices, and a few other things as well. The only down fall when it comes to breakfast is the motel evidentially allows friends that do not work there to enjoy it as well. Then you have a couple men who I think work there eat as well then they head to a room located off to the side of the door marked private and get on their cell phones. I find the staff to be somewhat uncaring and unconcerned. It was brought to our attention that the owners own 5 to 12 properties and that they only pay $8.50 an hour and very little overtime if any so why bother....WHAT!!!!
We actually ended up having 2 leaks in our room one being the tub the other being the ac/ heater unit. Found this out by stepping in a drenched spot by the unit itself, informed the lady of maintenance and the front desk, they said someone would check it out...LOL, never happened and the area grew and grew as far a the wetness about 2 1/2 feet in circumference...Upon our departure all seemed well. Came home and checked our credit card to see if anything was odd just a precaution as I always do this. LIVID!!! The Manager Misty (there are 2 of them there with the same name) has double charged my card!!! I spoke first to Kimberly about this and was told that Misty the manager only works from 9 am to 3 pm, please call back. The following morning I call at 9:15 Nevada time, Shannon informed me she was not yet in. I requested that she have Misty call me, as I was a little upset over the fact that Misty had double charged me. After 11 I received a call from Shannon informing me that things were taken care of and that I would see that I was credited for the mistake. I asked to speak to the manager and was told that she was unable to come to the phone as she is always very busy. I asked her to pass on to Misty that it is unprofessional of her to pass the buck and make someone else responsible for her mistakes! In 9 days it's amazing that we met everyone that worked at the motel but NEVER seen Misty as far as we know. THIS IS A NEVER RETURN PLACE TO STAY! THE WEB SITE IS DECEIVING WHEN IT COMES TO THEIR PHOTOS.
IF YOU DO WISH TO GIVE THEM A TRY, CHECK OUT THE ROOM FIRST!

Room Tip: Stay some place elese, do yourself a favor...these people just don't care!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2016

I booked this motel for our daughter, son-in-law and 2 grandkids through Expedia. That was my first mistake. Expedia charged me $25 more in room rate and taxes than they published and $25 more than if I had booked directly with the motel. It was non-refundable and each entity pointed to the other for making this happen.
Kids came up to visit us and we took them over and checked them in so they could go directly to their room when visit was done. Daughter told us this morning she would not recommend ever as beds were not good and people knocked randomly on their door at different times of the night. My husband said he would not want us to put them up there again as it appeared dirty. So sad that there is such a derelict motel in our lovely little town.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2016

From the outside the property did not look too bad, although I was surprised to see only a few cars parked at the motel in this particular afternoon when most other motels in the vicinity were pretty full. I fell for the name Quality Inn as I have generally had a good experience with that brand. The Parking lot was not clean or well maintained. The room carpet was disgustingly old and stained. Laundry machines were broken and out of service. When I checked in I was told that they were having trouble with their Wi-Fi and that they were going to call someone about that! Well the Wi-Fi never came on. The breakfast was marginal at best and no one was filling the foods that were running out. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

Quality Inns have served us well in the past, so this property is a shocking disappointment. We prepaid and expected the usual quality. However, this hotel has severe deferred maintenance issues. The grounds are weedy and messy, trash everywhere and the sidewalks crumbling. Inside, the room was dirty and dilapidated with old filthy carpet, bouncy old bed, old bathroom fixtures (tub wouldn't produce water), and a serviceable but antique 24" bulbous TV (yes it was in color!). The general state of repair leads one to speculate on how clean the place is...ewwww!
Again, what a disappointment for a brand we trusted. Suggest their franchise be pulled-/or the property restored to a level of repair and cleanliness.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2016

The worst Quality Inn we have ever stayed at. Even reserving the room 24 hours ahead of time did not allow us access to our room at the stated 3:00 pm check-in time after a long road trip. Because our room was not ready we did not get into it until 5:00 pm, 2 hours after our arrival. Even when we did get into the room, it was not cleaned completely. There were previous guest hairs in the bathroom, the ice bucket bag was not replaced (rather the old one with water still inside was in the bucket), the refrigerator tray was full of water, etc. There was an empty beer bottle in a chair next to the ice machine room which was also not very clean. Upon check-in, we did not receive complimentary bottles of water that other Quality Inn’s provide to Choice Gold Members. Their comment…”we do not do that here”. And lastly, we decided to forgo the free breakfast because of our concern that if our room was not clean, what was the condition of the kitchen. Even on checking out, we could not get a paper copy of our folio because… “we don’t have any paper for the printer”. On a positive note, the A/C did work. In any case, we would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Book at another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business