Harrah's Laughlin
US$ 56
US$ 60
US$ 49
  • Pool
Edgewater Hotel & Casino(Laughlin)(Great Value!)
US$ 35
US$ 35
US$ 25
Hotels.com
11,204 results
All reviewscolorado riverbeach caferange steakhouseprivate beachcharter flightnon smoking casinowater taxiadult towerdiamond loungeadult pooltotal rewardsriver viewslot machinestable gamescasino floorhotel and casinocoffee maker
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Pluses: Nice beach for families, Good food, although the most expensive buffet in Laughlin. Baja Blue was good. Valet was polite and quick.

Minuses: Checked in to the Platinum Player only line "sorry no river view rooms available." Was given a room at the end of the hall with 2 old wooden chairs and a old small table. No comfortable chairs, filthy carpets, and get this....the air vent in the bathroom was missing screws and a plastic bag was covering the vent. Cigarette burns on the bathroom sink and the comforter felt damp. So... I took it all in and figured we were there for 3 days and it would have been miserable so I called down and complained. I was then moved to a riverview room. Was comped for a free show but ran into "we dont have your tickets" at the promo desk but was taken care by the VIP Host. Slots were tight. TV outdated. The casino atmosphere was so boring. No music was played throughout the entire casino for the entire labor day weekend. No cabaret, no overhead music, no background music, no radio on the bar!! BORING! The security guard said, :the satelite radio has been broke for some time..

Room Tip: Tropicanna Laughlin has a better casino atmosphere- better cocktail service, cool music being played, or Aquarius Hotel is nice and modern.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2012

First, I want to write the positives of this hotel. I travel a lot, and I know that these reviews are quite helpful. It is easy to figure out the legitimate reviews and the ones where people are just angry about everything in life. Hope this helps you in your future travel plans.

Room: We stayed in the North Tower on the 8th floor facing the “Laughlin Strip.” It was a nice view.

Casino: The restrooms on the Casino Floor are very CLEAN and well maintained. The tables are very inexpensive, $5/$10 minimum bet for all table games. It lets everyone play who doesn’t want to pay the Vegas Strip prices for table games. There is a smoking and non-smoking section. They are both a great size. It does get quite busy in the evenings on the weekends. McDonalds, Cinnabun, and Baskin Robins are located in the North Tower area. The Kids Arcade is located in the North Tower. It is open from 9:30a-Midnight.

The Beach is easily accessible, and the River Taxi dock is right there. It is $4/ride or $15/day. It gets busy in the evening, as Harrah’s is the better place to be. They have jet ski and wave runner rentals.

It is a Pet-Friendly / Child-Friendly Hotel.

Now for the negatives on the property.

Room: I called in advance to see if there was a coffee pot in the room. I was told that there was. When I arrived, there was no coffee pot. I called the front desk to get one delivered to the room. It was a single-serve pot, but not the K-Cup type. They gave a package of regular and decaf. You are better getting coffee downstairs. There was not a safe in the room. You can use the safe at the front desk.

The sofa had a stain on it, as if someone sat on it naked-VERY GROSS! The sink would not drain properly. You couldn’t brush your teeth without the sink filling up. A few times, the sink backed up on its own and made the room smell very foul. The toilet seat needed a few bolts to keep it on.

We always leave a tip on the bed for the maid service, as we understand the work they do, and want to show our appreciation. Unfortunately, they don’t do much of anything to clean the room. They never even wiped off the counters or vacuumed the room. We left a little piece of paper in the bathtub that would easily wash down if you turned on the water. No coffee was left in the room. We opted to not even allow them back in to “clean” it, as we did a better job with a moist towel.

There are children everywhere, sometimes spilling into the Casino Areas. There aren’t great places to take your pet to do its business. They need to offer more for the pets if you are going to call yourself pet-friendly. The pets behaved themselves; the children, not so much.

The elevators take forever, and once one comes to your floor, it is probably full and you have to squeeze in. There are 5 elevator banks, but they don’t seem to all work. The elevator from the Casino to the pool and beach take a very long time, too.

You can rent jet skis and go up and down the river, trying to avoid boaters and the river taxi. Not my thing.

I will probably not go back to Harrah’s Laughlin or Laughlin again. It is not my kind of place. The casinos are really old, as are the people who go there. It is also a family-friendly place where children are everywhere. Not what I want in a gambling town. I will stick to Las Vegas. Laughlin makes you appreciate Las Vegas even more. There is nothing much to do in Laughlin entertainment wise, except to gamble. They do have shows, but nothing that I cared to see.

I hope this review helps you with planning your trip to Laughlin, or avoiding it. I was glad to have experienced it, but it is truly a once in a lifetime event. I will not be a repeat visitor.

Room Tip: If you want the Vegas Experience, go to Las Vegas.
6  Thank rkvamme
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Good hotel for the price. Too far away from other casinos to walk. The room only had one desk chair. It would have been more comfortable to have two comfortable chairs, Especially for us senior citizens!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Marilyn S
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We traveled with neighbors.....husband growled about the stay......uncertain why....they were in a different wing. Our room was convenient to the elevator and faced the river (very much preferable to a west view of parking)..did enjoy the view. King bed lumpy, chairs had old, soiled fabric.....carpet well worn, one black spot near bath entry twice made me think it was a roach......not sure if it was a hole or chewing gum.....towels large but had holes. Fast food and Fresh Market Buffet were good....not exceptional. Staff admin/casino pleasant and friendly. Out of four, only our lady friend saw a casino "hand pay" indicating a large win needing IRS form....and that in 4 night stay. Kinda normal complaint for casinos.

Room Tip: Request river view.....beautiful gathering clouds with low mountain backdrop.
2  Thank greenchilikid
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Harrahs Laughlin is an OK hotel. We just stayed at the property on August 22nd for one night. The price to stay at this hotel brings in some shady characters to the property. The checkin process is pretty easy and they were nice. The hotel rooms are where you get what you pay for!! Harrahs usually gives you 3 or 4 price options to choose from. If you go cheap you will get a room that needs alot of work. We went with what I thought was a deluxe room. Nothing deluxe about the room. Carpet was stained and walls had scuff marks all of them. Check out the picture of the ironing board, should have never passed any inspection by a supervisor. The room did have a nice big TV and a big bathroom. Valet service is horrible. I needed to get a couple things out of the car to take to the room. The valet guy stood there and watched my every move because he had a car he had to go pick up, so he needed mine. Once I closed the trunk he took off. I didn't even pick my bags up off the ground before he took off. After checkin in we decided to leave the property. When I needed to get my car out of valet. We walked to the valet booth and there was three of us waiting to give our tickets to get our cars. The valet supervisor(bald guy) walked up to the first guy and took his ticket like he was doing the guy a favor. He didn't even look at me or the other guy waiting at the window too. It was really weird. Suprised since they work on tips. Needless to say they didn't get tipped well from me, I probably still tipped them too much. Another thing that is weird is in the cafe they have a price section for club card holders and non club card holders. Seemed really weird to me. Since I didn't have a card I had to pay more, like I wasn't a good customer or like I was second class. Service was horrible too. So, you get what you pay for at Harrah's Laughlin. It's Laughlin not Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Pay more for a better room. Do not book through Expedia, they will put you in the bottom floors.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family