“oakman cold mine town/london bridge”

Laughlin Adventure Tours
Ranked #6 of 7 Tours in Laughlin
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours of the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Oatman Mining Town, Gold/Mineral Mine Tours, Historic Route 66, London Bridge Land Tour & YOU drive dune buggy tours.
Reviewed 16 November 2012

my daughter and I went on this tour and was highly disappointed. For $190.00 we got 1 1/2 hours at oakman gold mine town (which we did enjoy) and 45 minutes at london bridge which everything there was closed . The other 4 1/2 hours we spent in a small crowded bus with no air circulation to speak of . We were driven on small roads and nothing but cactus and desert as far as you can see. For this kind of money we would have liked more time at oakmans and maybe been at london bridge when the shops were still open. I would not recommend this tour to anyone. Not to mention the tour we wanted to go on was canceled by them the last minute.

9  Thank Carol H
Laughln_Adventures, Manager at Laughlin Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

All of us at Laughlin Adventure Tours regret that you were “highly disappointed” on our ‘London Bridge Tour’.

After reviewing the tour/booking, I would like to address the issues in this review.

1) You booked the Oatman Tour for 10/14/2012, and because there was ONLY two who booked the tour for that day, the tour was cancelled the night prior @ 4:19pm (Our policy is to cancel by the end of day prior of the tour date no later then 4:30pm). The reason is so that we make every attempt to get the minimum 4 person required per tour and still give the customer time to make other plans (we are always open to suggestions if anybody has a better way to handle cancelling tours).

2) Because we did not have four (4) booked on the Oatman Tour, the tour was canceled and you were offered a $10 discount on the London Bridge Tour (that stops in Oatman). While we understand your intent was to see Oatman only, again we did not have enough to run the Oatman Only tour this day.

3) The $99 London Bridge Tour was discounted to $89 with lunch. Because of the economy, many of the stores at the London Bridge are now closed. We truly wish there was more to offer at the London Bridge but that is out of our control.

4) You stated in your review it was a “crowded bus with no air circulation to speak of”. This particular day there were ‘several’ who wanted to see the London Bridge and there were enough seats for everyone (the bus was not full) and the tour bus had air. Had you told your tour guide/driver you wanted more air, you would have been accommodated (we don’t want anybody uncomfortable on our tours).

5) “We were driven on small roads and nothing but cactus and desert as far as you can see” The tour travels down Historic Route 66, through the middle of the desert. Most consider this a very scenic view; I am sorry that this disappointed you.

* While cancelling tours does not happen often, it does happen. We understand that when someone is visiting Laughlin and making plans to take tours, it is disappointing when a tour gets cancelled, that is why we make EVERY EFFORT to run our tours, but we must have the minimum of four persons.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

We were at Laughlin staying in Harrahs and wanted to get away from the gambling and see the country. Laughlin Adventure Tours had reasonable rates(we researched before we went) and was very convenient. We showed up 15 minutes early and met the guide,Will Hope. My wife and I had never been to that part of the country before and thoroughly enjoyed the drive out with great scenery and interesting stories about the countryside from Will. There were 8 in our tour group. We opted to pay and extra $35 each and walk out on the Glass Sky Walk. We were the only ones who did with our tour. The tour people told us we could take pictures and see just as well without going out on the Sky Walk. They were pretty muchly right--however I had seen the documentary about the building of the Sky Walk and both of us were "Why Not?".
We were warned about the rough dirt road getting out to the Hualaupi Indian Reservation that has the Sky Walk and 180 miles of the Grand Canyon. The warnings are correct, you do not want to take a low car out there or if you don't have dusty rocky dirt road driving skills,well just pay for the tour.

I am a large man,well over 6 ft and not skinny,but I was quite comfortable in the tour van. Ride is a bit bumpy when traveling the 9 miles of dirt road,but truthfully? Compared to Oklahoma dirt roads,not so bad. Would have been a good secondary road in Kenya.

I had several WOW moments when we got there. The scenery has to be seen in person to get that WOW factor. You can walk right up to the edge of sheer 2000-4000 ft drops and look straight down. Not for the height sensitive. I made our tour guide a bit nervous because I got so close to the edge. A couple of folks on our tour had me take pictures with their camera because they did not get that close to the edge of the Canyon. No safety ropes or cables in place--just you and the edge.

I was standing at the edge and looking down at the Colorado River thinking thats not that far--when I saw a helicopter flying down in the canyon. It looked like a fly. Thats when my perspective caught up with my vision and I had another WOW moment.

Walking out on the Sky Bridge, they don't mention when they sell you the ticket that NO CAMERAS are allowed. So if you want a picture of you out there--you have to pay the nice Indians for a copy--which isn't cheap--but then what is cheap on a vacation?? The view from there is spectacular and being able to look straight down while being surrounded by glass is like walking on air. My wife and I enjoyed it immensely--freaked the hell out of some people.

If we get another offer from Harrahs we will probably go to Laughlin again and will take the Oatman tour or maybe the London Bridge/ Oatman tour.

5  Thank Okiefarmer308
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We made our first visit to Laughlin on Sept 29 - Oct 3, 2012. To keep from gambling all our money away in one day, we decided to take the Grand Canyon tour with Laughlin Adventure Tours and we are so happy we did! From the lady who booked our tour to our tour guide, Will, we were treated well had a great time. Will is very informative and knows a lot about the area. He's informative, but also gives you time to just quietly view the area with no talking from him. He did keep warning us about the 9 mile stretch of dirt road that has to be traveled in order to get to the canyon. It was a rough, wash-board dirt road. Not a problem to my husband and me because we grew up in rural areas that have roads like this one. Most of the people in our van were good natured about the road and we all made jokes about it.The trip to GC takes around 2 hours from Laughlin, with a pit stop in the community of Dillon Springs. Neither me nor my husband had been to GC before and we were awestruck with it's grandeur. We got to see Eagle Point & also Guano Point. My husband and I were the only 2 people on the tour who opted for the skywalk. It was awesome!! The tour included lunch at Guano Point and we had a fantastic view of the canyon while we lunched on a meal prepared by the Haulapai Indian Tribe. Learned a lot about the tribe on this tour, had never heard of them before, Will is very knowledgeable and loves sharing information. The tour also goes to the Haulapai Village. You can see Norman, the bull who starred in "City Slickers" and there's a really great guy named Steve who does card tricks at the village. And the cowboys are real.

We had a really good time with Laughlin Adventure Tours. I highly recommend.

13  Thank ParodyPeg
Reviewed 11 August 2012

The thing about online reviews is any random person who may or may not have even used your service is allowed to bash your company online of their own free will whether it is deserved or not. Unfortunately there is almost nothing a business owner can do when their business is bashed online. I love oatman, my kids couldn't get enough of feeding the burrows, the town is cute, the ice cream is great, and we take everyone there. So if you are reading this it is a cute town with wild burrows you can feed, gift shops, and a great ice cream stand, in my opinion a pretty awesome afternoon however you may get there. I am not related to this business in any way I just read the review and don't believe they were treated fairly.

5  Thank Jamie A