Laughlin Adventure Tours
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Neat to do once

We went on the Oatman Gold that we booked from Harrah's. Oatman was a one lane road with the... read more

Reviewed 5 March 2013
Patchez89
North Ridgeville, Ohio
Very slow, repetitive boring tour

The boat is very slow and goes back and forth passed the casinos. The outdated taped presentation... read more

Reviewed 23 June 2018
Mat2818
Kigali, Rwanda
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We were at Laughlin staying in Harrahs and wanted to get away from the gambling and see the country. Laughlin Adventure Tours had reasonable rates(we researched before we went) and was very convenient. We showed up 15 minutes early and met the guide,Will Hope. My wife and I had never been to that part of the country before and thoroughly enjoyed the drive out with great scenery and interesting stories about the countryside from Will. There were 8 in our tour group. We opted to pay and extra $35 each and walk out on the Glass Sky Walk. We were the only ones who did with our tour. The tour people told us we could take pictures and see just as well without going out on the Sky Walk. They were pretty muchly right--however I had seen the documentary about the building of the Sky Walk and both of us were "Why Not?".
We were warned about the rough dirt road getting out to the Hualaupi Indian Reservation that has the Sky Walk and 180 miles of the Grand Canyon. The warnings are correct, you do not want to take a low car out there or if you don't have dusty rocky dirt road driving skills,well just pay for the tour.

I am a large man,well over 6 ft and not skinny,but I was quite comfortable in the tour van. Ride is a bit bumpy when traveling the 9 miles of dirt road,but truthfully? Compared to Oklahoma dirt roads,not so bad. Would have been a good secondary road in Kenya.

I had several WOW moments when we got there. The scenery has to be seen in person to get that WOW factor. You can walk right up to the edge of sheer 2000-4000 ft drops and look straight down. Not for the height sensitive. I made our tour guide a bit nervous because I got so close to the edge. A couple of folks on our tour had me take pictures with their camera because they did not get that close to the edge of the Canyon. No safety ropes or cables in place--just you and the edge.

I was standing at the edge and looking down at the Colorado River thinking thats not that far--when I saw a helicopter flying down in the canyon. It looked like a fly. Thats when my perspective caught up with my vision and I had another WOW moment.

Walking out on the Sky Bridge, they don't mention when they sell you the ticket that NO CAMERAS are allowed. So if you want a picture of you out there--you have to pay the nice Indians for a copy--which isn't cheap--but then what is cheap on a vacation?? The view from there is spectacular and being able to look straight down while being surrounded by glass is like walking on air. My wife and I enjoyed it immensely--freaked the hell out of some people.

If we get another offer from Harrahs we will probably go to Laughlin again and will take the Oatman tour or maybe the London Bridge/ Oatman tour.

5  Thank Okiefarmer308
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We made our first visit to Laughlin on Sept 29 - Oct 3, 2012. To keep from gambling all our money away in one day, we decided to take the Grand Canyon tour with Laughlin Adventure Tours and we are so happy we did! From the lady who booked our tour to our tour guide, Will, we were treated well had a great time. Will is very informative and knows a lot about the area. He's informative, but also gives you time to just quietly view the area with no talking from him. He did keep warning us about the 9 mile stretch of dirt road that has to be traveled in order to get to the canyon. It was a rough, wash-board dirt road. Not a problem to my husband and me because we grew up in rural areas that have roads like this one. Most of the people in our van were good natured about the road and we all made jokes about it.The trip to GC takes around 2 hours from Laughlin, with a pit stop in the community of Dillon Springs. Neither me nor my husband had been to GC before and we were awestruck with it's grandeur. We got to see Eagle Point & also Guano Point. My husband and I were the only 2 people on the tour who opted for the skywalk. It was awesome!! The tour included lunch at Guano Point and we had a fantastic view of the canyon while we lunched on a meal prepared by the Haulapai Indian Tribe. Learned a lot about the tribe on this tour, had never heard of them before, Will is very knowledgeable and loves sharing information. The tour also goes to the Haulapai Village. You can see Norman, the bull who starred in "City Slickers" and there's a really great guy named Steve who does card tricks at the village. And the cowboys are real.

We had a really good time with Laughlin Adventure Tours. I highly recommend.

13  Thank ParodyPeg
Reviewed 11 August 2012

The thing about online reviews is any random person who may or may not have even used your service is allowed to bash your company online of their own free will whether it is deserved or not. Unfortunately there is almost nothing a business owner can do when their business is bashed online. I love oatman, my kids couldn't get enough of feeding the burrows, the town is cute, the ice cream is great, and we take everyone there. So if you are reading this it is a cute town with wild burrows you can feed, gift shops, and a great ice cream stand, in my opinion a pretty awesome afternoon however you may get there. I am not related to this business in any way I just read the review and don't believe they were treated fairly.

5  Thank Jamie A
Reviewed 14 July 2012

They are quick to pick you up at whatever casino you are staying in

3  Thank way2fast4u
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We booked the Oatman/Gold Mine Tour from Harrah's.

The "adventure" overall was pretty average. Oatman was interesting with the little shops. Although after a few they all began to look the same. The wild burros were kind of cute and there were a lot of people feeding them. My biggest complaint is that there is not enough time to visit the shops and get something to eat. Good thing we had a small bite before we left.

The "operating" gold mine was actually just a small mine that is operated as a hobby to two older gentleman. The really do not produce much gold. In fact in their own words...just enough to cover the beer they drink while mining.

The way back to the hotel was via a bumpy dirt road that got kind of long after awhile. By the time we got back to the hotel I was hot and had a headache from the bumpy road.

All in all is as an okay trip and it did get us out of the hotel for awhile. The driver was very friendly and informative so we did enjoy hearing all he had to share with us.

11  Thank Celmar2