my daughter and I went on this tour and was highly disappointed. For $190.00 we got 1 1/2 hours at oakman gold mine town (which we did enjoy) and 45 minutes at london bridge which everything there was closed . The other 4 1/2 hours we spent in a small crowded bus with no air circulation to speak of . We were driven on small roads and nothing but cactus and desert as far as you can see. For this kind of money we would have liked more time at oakmans and maybe been at london bridge when the shops were still open. I would not recommend this tour to anyone. Not to mention the tour we wanted to go on was canceled by them the last minute.
All of us at Laughlin Adventure Tours regret that you were “highly disappointed” on our ‘London Bridge Tour’.
After reviewing the tour/booking, I would like to address the issues in this review.
1) You booked the Oatman Tour for 10/14/2012, and because there was ONLY two who booked the tour for that day, the tour was cancelled the night prior @ 4:19pm (Our policy is to cancel by the end of day prior of the tour date no later then 4:30pm). The reason is so that we make every attempt to get the minimum 4 person required per tour and still give the customer time to make other plans (we are always open to suggestions if anybody has a better way to handle cancelling tours).
2) Because we did not have four (4) booked on the Oatman Tour, the tour was canceled and you were offered a $10 discount on the London Bridge Tour (that stops in Oatman). While we understand your intent was to see Oatman only, again we did not have enough to run the Oatman Only tour this day.
3) The $99 London Bridge Tour was discounted to $89 with lunch. Because of the economy, many of the stores at the London Bridge are now closed. We truly wish there was more to offer at the London Bridge but that is out of our control.
4) You stated in your review it was a “crowded bus with no air circulation to speak of”. This particular day there were ‘several’ who wanted to see the London Bridge and there were enough seats for everyone (the bus was not full) and the tour bus had air. Had you told your tour guide/driver you wanted more air, you would have been accommodated (we don’t want anybody uncomfortable on our tours).
5) “We were driven on small roads and nothing but cactus and desert as far as you can see” The tour travels down Historic Route 66, through the middle of the desert. Most consider this a very scenic view; I am sorry that this disappointed you.
* While cancelling tours does not happen often, it does happen. We understand that when someone is visiting Laughlin and making plans to take tours, it is disappointing when a tour gets cancelled, that is why we make EVERY EFFORT to run our tours, but we must have the minimum of four persons.