“Grand Canyon Tour”

Laughlin Adventure Tours
Ranked #6 of 7 Tours in Laughlin
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours of the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Oatman Mining Town, Gold/Mineral Mine Tours, Historic Route 66, London Bridge Land Tour & YOU drive dune buggy tours.
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We made our first visit to Laughlin on Sept 29 - Oct 3, 2012. To keep from gambling all our money away in one day, we decided to take the Grand Canyon tour with Laughlin Adventure Tours and we are so happy we did! From the lady who booked our tour to our tour guide, Will, we were treated well had a great time. Will is very informative and knows a lot about the area. He's informative, but also gives you time to just quietly view the area with no talking from him. He did keep warning us about the 9 mile stretch of dirt road that has to be traveled in order to get to the canyon. It was a rough, wash-board dirt road. Not a problem to my husband and me because we grew up in rural areas that have roads like this one. Most of the people in our van were good natured about the road and we all made jokes about it.The trip to GC takes around 2 hours from Laughlin, with a pit stop in the community of Dillon Springs. Neither me nor my husband had been to GC before and we were awestruck with it's grandeur. We got to see Eagle Point & also Guano Point. My husband and I were the only 2 people on the tour who opted for the skywalk. It was awesome!! The tour included lunch at Guano Point and we had a fantastic view of the canyon while we lunched on a meal prepared by the Haulapai Indian Tribe. Learned a lot about the tribe on this tour, had never heard of them before, Will is very knowledgeable and loves sharing information. The tour also goes to the Haulapai Village. You can see Norman, the bull who starred in "City Slickers" and there's a really great guy named Steve who does card tricks at the village. And the cowboys are real.

We had a really good time with Laughlin Adventure Tours. I highly recommend.

13  Thank ParodyPeg

Reviewed 11 August 2012

The thing about online reviews is any random person who may or may not have even used your service is allowed to bash your company online of their own free will whether it is deserved or not. Unfortunately there is almost nothing a business owner can do when their business is bashed online. I love oatman, my kids couldn't get enough of feeding the burrows, the town is cute, the ice cream is great, and we take everyone there. So if you are reading this it is a cute town with wild burrows you can feed, gift shops, and a great ice cream stand, in my opinion a pretty awesome afternoon however you may get there. I am not related to this business in any way I just read the review and don't believe they were treated fairly.

5  Thank Jamie A
Reviewed 14 July 2012

They are quick to pick you up at whatever casino you are staying in

3  Thank way2fast4u
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We booked the Oatman/Gold Mine Tour from Harrah's.

The "adventure" overall was pretty average. Oatman was interesting with the little shops. Although after a few they all began to look the same. The wild burros were kind of cute and there were a lot of people feeding them. My biggest complaint is that there is not enough time to visit the shops and get something to eat. Good thing we had a small bite before we left.

The "operating" gold mine was actually just a small mine that is operated as a hobby to two older gentleman. The really do not produce much gold. In fact in their own words...just enough to cover the beer they drink while mining.

The way back to the hotel was via a bumpy dirt road that got kind of long after awhile. By the time we got back to the hotel I was hot and had a headache from the bumpy road.

All in all is as an okay trip and it did get us out of the hotel for awhile. The driver was very friendly and informative so we did enjoy hearing all he had to share with us.

11  Thank Celmar2