“A little disappointed...”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas
Ranked #34 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My daughter and I arrived early and was still allowed to check into our room which was really nice after our flight. The room was comfortable and clean as was expected. The breakfast was better at this location in comparison to the other Embassy suites we've stayed. My biggest issue was the shuttle! It has a very limited schedule (that should be mentioned on their site!). When it's not running it's parked in the lot right at the entrance! huh??...Also, when I checked in I was told I could stay past check out up til 2:00 and pay half for the day or pay full price after 2pm...The morning of checkout I was rudely told by the front desk guy that whomever told me that was wrong and that if I stayed past noon I would have to pay full price. So we had to wait in the lobby until the shuttle ran again then unfortunately spent the next 7 HOURS at the airport!! Not saying it's all the Embassy's fault but the front desk guy could've been more reasonable.....

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank s l
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Las Vegas. We are sorry that your entire experience was not a positive one. We have addressed the people who caused those challenges that resulted in your inconvenience.

We hope to see you back with us soon so you can experience the great service we are capable of delivering

Thank you.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I was in Las Vegas for a three day meeting at thi shotel. Had it not been Las Vegas, the trip woudl have been rather disappointing. The hotel is very near the airport - which is convenient, but also can be VERY noisy when the planes use some flight paths. The first morning of the meeting, in the meeting room, the plane takeoff noise was a bother. At night it was also a problem.
The morning breakfast was OK but served in a rather disultry fashion, almost like "Why are you bothering me?" Als, there was not too much else other than eggs, bacon and sausage. The evening "Manager's cocktails" was pathetic.
The rooms are fine, roomy and nicely equipped.
My real problem was the desk staff on Sunday - my arrival day. I had to wait a long time to check in because there was only on person on the desk, and he was taking new reservations, answering phone calls and trying to check in people. all at the same time. At one point he spent quite a long time giving a person driving directiosn to the hotel from somewhere outside the city. Secondly, my spouse tried to call me about 20 times concerning a matter (I was having trouble with my cell phone battery) - and nobody answered the phone, or put her on hold and then never returned - the same 1 person on the desk problem. (She did finally get through). I mentioned it to the person on the desk the next morning - she said simply that there were 2 people scheduled to be working on Sunday. Bottom line - this hotel is not up to the standard of the chain.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Tuttle
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites several times over the past few years when I have business meetings at UNLV. It is literally across the street from the campus which means it only takes 5 minutes by car and I'm there. The front desk staff are always very nice no matter what time of night I arrive. There is a manager's reception, but honestly I usually get in too late to enjoy it so I can't comment on it. The free cook-to-order breakfast is amazing, and one of the reasons why I keep coming back. Great variety, and the eating area is never so crowded that I don't get a seat. I haven't used the pool, but there is a business center where you can print boarding passes. The lobby is lovely and has two beautiful swans. The rooms are all suites so you get two rooms for the price. One room has couches and a nice desk for working. I used to get free wifi as a preferred Hilton member, but now that I have lost my elevated status, I had to pay for it on this trip but it was only $4.99 for up to a week - very reasonable considering what I usually pay in most hotels! The other room has a king bed (I only come for business so I don't get a double room) and another TV. There is also a refridgerator, large sink and coffee maker in between the rooms. Bathroom is nice, has shampoo, conditioner and lotion, and the water pressure is good. Rooms are usually clean and stocked. Free bottles of water are included as well.

The only reason why I don't give this little gem 5 stars is for two nit-picky reasons. First, with the fridge and AC unit situated close to the room with the bed, it can be a bit loud in the room at night. Plus on this trip, I was placed next to the elevator which is also noisy. But I always carry ear plugs when I travel so not a big deal. (The rooms on the top floor are much quieter, but usually reserved for premier Hilton members. Ask if you can get one when you check in - it's worth it.) The other thing is that while the location is great for working at UNLV and is only 10 minutes from the airport, everything else is at least one long block away, including restaurants. As a woman who travels alone, i don't feel comfortable walking alone at night anywhere, so I always have to get in the rental and drive somewhere to get dinner. It would be 5 stars if there were some eating options right next door. There is a free shuttle to the LV strip that leaves once an hour, but I always seem to just miss it and end up driving everywhere.

I do see families staying here, and I imagine it's very convenient having an extra room for luggage and hanging out. There is no casino so it would also be a nice place for a family to get away from all of the noise of the strip. Most of the people usually are obvious business folk who are looking for something away from the strip. The hotel offers a government rate, which is nice, and if you want to stay somewhere without a casino, this is a wonderful choice and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room on the top floor room for a quiter stay. Ask to be away from the elevator...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Dawn S
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We had a block of rooms for our wedding party and the staff was amazing! From check-in to the bar tender during the manager's reception to the man who made our omlettes! Personable, friendly, and went above and beyond. The only complaint I had is the airport shuttle doesn't pick you up at the airport, which wasn't told to me so I misinformed my guests.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Las Vegas. Sorry about the miscommunication about our shuttle. We hope it didn't cause major problems. Thanks for the recognition of our staff when you wrote that they " went above and beyond". We love hearing that but most of all we love doing that.

Congratulations on the wedding. Hope to see you in the future.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

We decided to give ourselves a staycation for the holidays. I'm writing this review late, but I wanted to give it rave reviews. We have two small children and got a room with the lawn in front. it was a quiet little nook. The room was very nice. We enjoyed our week long stay. it is conveniently located near the Birch Aquarium and lots of places to eat at are nearby via car. We will absolutely stay here again. We loved the old California ranch style of this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

First , we wanted to say no need to apologize about writing late --especially since you noted that you wanted to give the hotel "rave reviews". We appreciate the comments and hope to see you and your family back with us soon.

Thank you.