The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$ 378
US$ 202
Official Site
  • Restaurant
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$ 235
US$ 193
  • Restaurant
Excalibur Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)
US$ 102
US$ 62
US$ 198
US$ 153
US$ 270
US$ 226
  • Restaurant
Bellagio Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$ 217
US$ 172
Caesars Palace(Las Vegas)
US$ 273
US$ 147
  • Pool
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
US$ 63
  • Pool
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$ 268
US$ 226
  • Restaurant
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$ 126
US$ 78
19,375 results
All reviewscarnegie deliblt burgercravings buffetcalifornia pizza kitchenthe secret gardenbeatles love showdolphin habitatterry fatorresort feeother hotelsm lifetreasure islandtower suitegreat location on the stripmini barstrip viewgreat pool
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I booked a 4-day getaway for my mother and my wife because they both needed a huge break. Among other things, my father had passed away unexpectedly late last year, leaving his wife (my mother) of more than 50 years in a state of immense grief and uncertainty. Working through that “life change”, long and painful as it has been these past few months, she had mentioned in passing recently that at 80 she “really wanted to visit Vegas one last time”. Though, given her blood line, I assured her that she should have a great many years left to visit again and again, she really seemed to covet this trip as a “last hurrah”. What’s more, she had initially wanted to return to the property that she and my father had patronized so many times -- that being Bally’s on the strip -- though I really wanted her to “upgrade” for such a getaway.

So, having visited the Mirage Hotel & Casino on numerous occasions myself, I decided to select your property for its location and amenities. And you did not disappoint. In fact, my mother and wife were completely taken from the moment they stepped inside the Mirage (actually, they haven’t stopped raving) by the overall congeniality and helpfulness of your front desk personnel including their obvious accommodation of my advance telephone request that my mother and wife receive a room as close to the entry/elevators as possible because my mother experiences much pain and difficulty when she walks. From there, they arrived in their room (which overwhelmed them, both for its location, its appointments and its views), only to find that the front desk person, Charlie, had arranged for chilled champagne to be waiting for them in their room. Whether it was expensive or a cheap bottle from the corner drug store was irrelevant – it completely set the tone for their stay, which continued even after their departure.

Ultimately, it was obvious that everyone took great care to personally make my mother and wife “at home” during their brief getaway. It will not soon be forgotten, and we have every intention of visiting the Mirage the next time we travel to Las Vegas.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Bill W
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This was our third stay at the Mirage, Las Vegas. The hotel overall never disapoints. The rooms are comfortable. Upon check-in we decided to see if a tower suite was available. Unfortunately they were all booked up due to a rodeo being in town. Still, our standard room was great. Nice comfy beds, linens, nicely stocked mini-bar and great TV, although we didn't use it much.

The other thing i really love about the Mirage is all it has to offer other than just a place to sleep. I love, love their pool. We did a cabana one day, the price is moderate. The service at the cabanas is great, a waitress that checks on you often, and comfy chairs to lay in as well as a couch and chair, fridge with soda, water and crackers and cheese.

The casino is fun, lots of slots to chose from, lots of tables, sometimes $5 crapps if you are lucky, but not often.

California Pizza Kitchen is great for lunch and at night we love Rhumbar and Revolution lounges.

The Spa offers great service. Will stay again and again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jballtraveler
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This was my second trip to Las Vegas, and my experience at the Mirage was excellent. I stayed four nights for a business conference nearby and found that the hotel was well-maintained despite its age, and the service was very good.

The lobby, grounds, and pool area have a very "Disney-esque" feel to them. Beautiful fountains, green gardens both indoors and out give a somewhat artificial but enjoyable "natural" feel. Great care is taken in presenting an image of the natural world, not just a modern casino hotel. Even the check-in desk has an aura of natural beauty with its tropical reef fish swimming behind the helpful staff.

The rooms themselves are getting a little dated, with clearly re-used aging furniture, but I had no complaints in the cleanliness or comfort therein.

As with any Las Vegas hotel, there's a mini-bar in the room which should be avoided at all costs due to the inflated prices, but knowing if you're feeling under the weather that you can grab a quick drink if you've got the cash to spare is helpful.

I didn't spend too much time in the casino portion, and I mostly saw just slot machines. The restaurants in the hotel are expensive but carry great food, and there's even some shopping right inside the building if you're feeling too lazy to cross the street and head over to the shops at the Palazzo.

The "volcano" show in the front of the hotel is quite impressive, but you'll need to head out to the street to get the best view.

The pool area is beautiful, with lots of artificial rock structures and gardens intermixed within it nearby Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden (which I did not have a chance to enter.)

The Mirage is set back from the strip itself, which gives it a more peaceful feel, but it involves a longer walk to get to other attractions on foot.
Overall, while this might not have been the most glamorous stay I've had in Las Vegas, it was a memorable one and I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank RoninOtter
Reviewed 27 April 2012

When ever I travel i like to stay in 4 stars and above the Mirage was that and then some. The rooms were quite large. Beds were very comfortable. With several resturants and nite clubs on site you rarely had to leave it was write on the strip just a few blocks away from the rest of the action. I say the rest because you cant miss the action in Vegas. The staff was helpful in the hotel and the casino but the shops not so much maybe she was having a bad day. They also have a dolphin display lovely. yes everything is a price. Only thing I didn't like were the resort fees. I didn't use any of the amineties it came with. We should have a least gotton free bottles of water. Nothing else was in use the cardio gym? Why you can walk everywhere. I lost a 1lb. Wifi? Why when its free any way on my phone. I would stay there again. But will try other hotels 1st since that was my first time. Love Vegas

Room Tip: Ask for up grade to see volcano
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PirateMoma
Reviewed 27 April 2012

we have stayed in the penthouse suite here several times,it is our ultimate luxury treat, Room is spacious,the bath is awesome.Location is great for walkways to the nearby resorts.

Room Tip: ask for a volcano view room
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple