“Great Expectations, Big Mistake”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #47 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Sao Paulo, SP
“Great Expectations, Big Mistake”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

My wife and I expected a lot from the Mirage. Very disappointing!

We paid more for a “Premium room, guaranteed strip view with king size bed”, and were checked in to a 2 Queen with a big view to the pool and desert, and only a partial, limited view of a couple hotels in the South of the Strip. I called the front desk and they got us the king size bed, but I was told that “that was the view I had booked, a tiny one really”. They should inform that more clearly during the booking, I felt cheated, as I wanted to see the fireworks show from my room.

The keys worked poorly. They told us to keep them away from credit cards, and we did, but anyway in a 1 week stay we had to walk all the way down to the reception – a long way – to get new keys.

The room was poorly kept: one day the waste basket was not emptied, the other the ice bucket was not cleaned and left with no plastic bag, bed headboard was dusty, bath rugs appeared only in the 3rd day. Bathroom amenities were also bad for a 4 star, and towels were small and very well used. Too bad for a hotel of that category.

Internet SUCKED! Poor wi-fi signal, crashed all the time, too bad for me that had at least to check some email and use Skype daily. I called internet support several times, no results. Yet, they say it’s free, but you have to pay the resort fee for nothing.

Anyway, very disappointing… I have stayed at the Bellagio, much better, and next time I am sure it will NOT be the Mirage.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PaoloT_10
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,479)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We stayed at the Mirage from Feb 17 to Feb 19 2012. We really liked the Mirage.These are the reasons why:

a. Great location, middle of the strip, smaller hotel, everything close-by
b. reasonably priced restaurants on ground floor, including Starbucks
c. Great service, offered upgrade and for 60 bucks, we got to stay on the 25th floor, private elevators, hot tub, double sink, strip view, non-smoking
d. Simple but clean room, amazing bed, so comfy, quiet hallway, great sleep
e. Close to Mcdonalds and the Harrah's Flavors buffet, which we frequented
f. close to tix4tonite booth, where we got show tix
g. nice volcano show at night

We may stay at someplace a little more posh next time, but for our first visit to Vegas, the Mirage was the perfect choice. Quick note though my young party peeps, this isn't your party hotel, mostly older crowd, but their Revolution nightlcub looked packed.

I would recommend it if you're looking for something in under budget and convenient and then consider an upgrade.

Overall had a great stay and have absolutely no complaints about The Mirage :)

Room Tip: Pay upgrade to get private elevator above the 25th floor. Even the rooms at the back face the strip...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Beachlover420
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I have gone to Las Vegas yearly since 1997 and 2 more times before that. I've basically stayed at a different hotel each time. Mirage topped the charts!! This hotel has everything you need. Table games are priced for every type of gambler.
The poker room is extremely comfortable and I love when they run the sit-n-go poker tournaments. The sports book is also very comfortable, but like all sports books, you must get there early during football season. It would be tops if it had more seating. My view on slots is that they are everywhere on the strip, so you can find them here, there or anywhere...
I usually don't spend much time in the room, but it was comfortable and quiet for sleeping. I never saw the maids, but the room was kept clean. I enjoy a strong morning shower (as petty as it might sound) and this one added to my comfort.
The Mirage has a great atmosphere offering a bar for just about anyone... The garden bar to relax and talk, the main casino/sports bar has a great location to see all the action, the "Beatles Bar" for a cocktail before the show, plus many more... I did go to the Jet Nightclub too. It was plenty fun with basically 2 rooms for dancing and overpriced drinks. It is definately for the "twenty-somethings".
As far as food, there is anything you can ask for and any restaurant is easy to get to.. California Pizza Kitchen (don't let the line fool you, it moves quick), burger joint, deli/sandwich joint, etc... I have to admit that my favorite was a Paradise Cafe... For some reason the girls that worked there gave us quality service and were extremely friendly. Its hard to put into words, but after a bad day at the tables I didn't feel I over payed for a good meal and the waitress, cashiers, and food/service supervisor were able to bring the smile back to my face!!
Mirage is definately a hotel that has its own atmosphere.. It offers an environment that adapts to everyone and anyone. Its not as stuffy as most higher priced casinos and offers so much to anyone/everyone. It has a great location on the strip!! If I could only get comp'd rooms hahaha...

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank brzerker71
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The room is great, we had a pool view, it was clean, spacious and beautiful. The hotel was pretty too, a little outdated, but still beautiful. I just wanted to point out that theres no coffee machine in my room, so I had to go to their Starbucks on the casino floor--very convenient. When I got there though, the two caucasian ladies were talking and not paying attention to me at all! so rude and unprofessional. I had to wait for the next cashier to come before i was served. Thankfully, he was nice enough and my drink was good. It still doesnt erase the fact that the other two ladies NEGLECTED to serve me. Stop blabbing and get to work!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank v330
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This hotel is just an amazing attraction as well as a hotel. When looking at hotels to stay at we considered most of the famous ones, but the Mirage in my opinion just has the edge with regards to location, facilities, and room size! I absolutely loved staying here and cannot wait to return next year. The pool is on the top then things to do in Vegas, and its for a reason, its totally amazing! You could be anywhere when in the pool its just fantastic! The room was brilliant, service was fantastic and some hoteliers in the UK could learn a thing or too about customer service. Food was just amazing! Value for money it is the best hotel on the strip..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple