“Great stay at the Mirage!”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #42 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, IL
“Great stay at the Mirage!”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I was so impressed by my stay this weekend at the Mirage. The rooms were all recently redone (after a much needed makeover) and are not only spacious, but spotlessly clean, modern and attractive. I was thrilled with the staff as well, everyone was friendly and helpful. There are some great food options in the hotel, but it's also a perfectly located place to explore all the hotspots along the Strip. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank raydle
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,426)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
salo0061
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This was my second time staying here and i still loved it!!! my bf and i stayed here for our anniversary and they were nice enough to upgrade us to a tower deluxe room and send us champagne for free. there was no wait for check in on a friday at noon and the employee that checked us in was very friendly. the room was on the 24th floor with a private elevator for the 24th and 25th floors so i never had to wait. the bed was the most comfortable bed ive ever slept in! one day i didnt wake up til 4pm! the room also has a seperate shower and whirlpool tub with a double sink and a little bench in between the sinks. the window does open a little bit which most rooms in vegas do not do and the flat screen tv gets a lot of channels. there is also a mini bar and weight sensitive items. check out was also very fast i only had to wait 5 min. i would absolutely stay here again!if you would like to see the room in more detail i did a room tour which you can see on youtube by using this link.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank salo0061
Ontario
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed here on February 26- March 2/12, stayed in room 24035. Very comfortable bed,great view of strip and volcano,long walk to room but very fast elevators. Casino wasn't good to us but food is good at buffet, very expensive compared to other buffets though. I found this hotel to be nice but not worth big money for rooms. And car rentals are less expensive next door at Treasure Island. Beatles love was a nice show 20 percent off with mlife card. Comps are nowhere near what they used to be,I guess recession really affects this casino. Over all I would say it's good.

Room Tip: Try $20 front desk trick,worked for us.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank VegastoGamble
Naples , Florida
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Rooms were very clean, modern and we had a strip view on floor 21 that you can see the volcano erupt from. It is also nice because Terry Fator is their headliner so very convenient. I would recommend this hotel\casino to anyone considering staying here

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank FerrisAlumni
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I usually don't write reviews, but this was such a hassle and an outrage I feel I need to share this. We booked two week nights through AAA for a total of $195, with bonus $65 voucher for restaurants, and trusted we are getting a good deal. When we checked into the hotel, we were told they were out of rooms with king-size beds (our reservation) and we will have to settle for a room with 2 queen beds. They said even upgraded rooms are only queen, and they will call us the next day when one became available. At the end of the check-in we had to ask for our food voucher after the clerk failed include it in our package. When we got to our room we found out it wasn't an upgrade, but we were too tired to complain.

Of note, the Mirage has no fridge or microwave in the rooms. You can rent a tiny fridge for $25/day.

We decided to use our food voucher (limited only to 4 restaurants) at the Italian Restaurant Onda. For some reason it was a limited menu and the restaurant week menu was not available. The bread was dry and a little stale and the bean dip a little funny, we contemplated whether it was spoiled or not. We shared a Caprese Primi which was pretty good and 2 Entrees. I had the Chilean Sea Bass which was ok, but a little cold inside and evidently formerly frozen. My wife had the Chicken Parmesan which was on par with a Pizza store in NYC in taste and presentation. We also had a bottle of Pinot Grigio which was well below average. This meal cost us $120- $55 after the voucher plus tip. We left the restaurant feeling we got robbed.
The next day we didn't hear from the hotel about our room by 4PM so I went to complain. I spoke to a nice guy named Raj, who told me that if I read the reservation confirmation carefully, I would find that the Mirage DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE TYPE OF ROOM YOU RESERVE. Meaning I can reserve a King bed and get two Queens and it's cool. He went away for 20 minutes and came back with a key to a room with a king-size bed that was in the "Tower"- an upgrade for our troubles. When we moved to the new room we found out that the upgrade meant a larger bathroom in a higher floor. Not anything significant or comforting.

When we checked out we found out they added $56 ($25+$3 tax per night) a mandatory resort fee. I was curious what the service covers so the clerk gave me a card ( which I wasn't offered upon check-in) detailing the services: in-room wi-fi, unlimited local calls, 10 copies, use of fax, a cardio center ( a small room packed with a variety of treadmills), and a free newspaper ( USA today). Most of these services are free at any roadside motels for half the nightly rate and you get breakfast. The clerk said that if I had read the small print in my reservation, I would know about the Resort Fee. Frankly, I think that's an embarrassing thing to say.
When asked by the clerk at check-out how was my stay, I told the nice lady how unpleasant my stay was and how unhappy I was with the mandatory resort fee so she waived one night's resort fee and apologized.
All in all, the rooms were nice and clean, and for the most part the service was good, however I can't ignore the feeling that the Mirage doesn't do business honestly and felt like I had to get the hotels hands out of my wallet. We had a pretty traumatic experience and we would not come back or recommend The Mirage.

Room Tip: Read the fine print, so you are not surprised,
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Amos D
cc53, Guest Relations Manager at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Please accept my sincere apologies for what you encountered during your stay. As a leader in the hospitality industry, we strive to ensure that every guest receives only the finest service and accommodations and apologize that we were unable to accommodate your rooming request. When we implemented the resort fee in October 2009, we took into consideration that this may cause some negative feelings. In order to add value with the resort fee, we decided to add the top requests we have received from our guests. In regards to your dining experience, I have contacted the General Manager of Onda Ristorante and passed along your feedback. Again, we apologize that your stay was anything less than satisfactory and we hope to have another chance to welcome you back to The Mirage. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us directly at guestservices@mirage.com.

Candice Cordery