This was my 2nd visit to Vegas and was concerned I wouldn't find somewhere cheap and decent as my first visit (stayed at MGM Grand on first visit) so this trip decided I'd stop at Tropicana. The room was recently refurbished (except the bathroom - it was like stepping between decades from room to room) however the bathroom was clean and usable. The hotel room was fresh and modern with great views of the strip, the pool and the buzz that is Las Vegas. I was on the 17th floor in the far tower and I enjoyed my stay. Security is posted at the lifts in the later hours of the night to stop unwanted guests entering the hotel if your there with a family or cautious about staying away from the riff raff of those in Vegas.
It's easy to get to and get out of with overhead access via walkways to MGM, Luxor etc.
I had no issues with noise and my stay was very quiet. The resort fee includes pool access and fitness centre along with free high speed wifi which was a pleasant surprise so I could upload photos of my holiday online for my family to see. You can check out of the hotel in several ways to avoid lines at the hotel reception and completely bypass it and has a decent array of food shops and facility's. The casino in general is not as grand as other casinos but it's big enough to lead your family through if your leaving or coming back after a day or night out
My only gripe was on checkin they couldn't find my booking (and you can imagine my frustration after arriving after a 13 hour flight to be told this) the lady on check in wanted to charge me again to stay after I had proof I had paid for it and while not her fault - she showed and expressed concern for me. Her manager on the other hand did not go out of his way to talk to me or help my situation. After 30 minutes of trying to work out what happened it came down to the reception check in lady mis-typing my surname and after correctly typing it - found my booking!
All in all - pleasant stay. Would recommend it if you want somewhere quiet - convenient and clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. The hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants; including Robert Irvine's Public House which opened in 2017, Oakville Steakhouse a Napa Inspired Steakhouse, and Bacio Italian Cuisine. Other amenities include an award winning pool surrounded by palm trees, lush landscaping and flowing waterfalls, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes David Goldrake Imaginarium, Rich Little, our Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas