“Great Location and Clean”

Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #101 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 19 June 2012

This was my 2nd visit to Vegas and was concerned I wouldn't find somewhere cheap and decent as my first visit (stayed at MGM Grand on first visit) so this trip decided I'd stop at Tropicana. The room was recently refurbished (except the bathroom - it was like stepping between decades from room to room) however the bathroom was clean and usable. The hotel room was fresh and modern with great views of the strip, the pool and the buzz that is Las Vegas. I was on the 17th floor in the far tower and I enjoyed my stay. Security is posted at the lifts in the later hours of the night to stop unwanted guests entering the hotel if your there with a family or cautious about staying away from the riff raff of those in Vegas.

It's easy to get to and get out of with overhead access via walkways to MGM, Luxor etc.

I had no issues with noise and my stay was very quiet. The resort fee includes pool access and fitness centre along with free high speed wifi which was a pleasant surprise so I could upload photos of my holiday online for my family to see. You can check out of the hotel in several ways to avoid lines at the hotel reception and completely bypass it and has a decent array of food shops and facility's. The casino in general is not as grand as other casinos but it's big enough to lead your family through if your leaving or coming back after a day or night out

My only gripe was on checkin they couldn't find my booking (and you can imagine my frustration after arriving after a 13 hour flight to be told this) the lady on check in wanted to charge me again to stay after I had proof I had paid for it and while not her fault - she showed and expressed concern for me. Her manager on the other hand did not go out of his way to talk to me or help my situation. After 30 minutes of trying to work out what happened it came down to the reception check in lady mis-typing my surname and after correctly typing it - found my booking!

All in all - pleasant stay. Would recommend it if you want somewhere quiet - convenient and clean.

Room Tip: Ask or book a strip view room - this overlooks the strip and the pool area. If you don't - you...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to share with you that we are working on transforming the bathrooms. Please accept my apologies over the challenges with your check in. This is not our intended levels of service and a one time incident.
Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 June 2012 via mobile

Overall I would recommend the Tropicana if you can get a good rate. It was definitely much nicer than I had expected, and it's in a very central location on the strip. The bed was not the most comfortable, but the room was very clean and cool Really my only complaint was our meal at the Beach Cafe located near the pool. The food was mediocre and the service was terrible. We sat outside in 100 degree heat and had to track down a hostess to get refills on our waters. Our server, Paul I believe, was rarely seen and didn't apologize for it. It took him nearly 5 minutes to send out the ketchup we requested for the fries. Who doesn't just bring ketchup out? It was really just a waste of time and money. It's too bad, because everything else about the Tropicana was better than I had expected, but the Bech Cafe really brought down our visit to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for any challenges at the Beach Cafe and we are addressing these to ensure it does not occur again, I love like an opportunity to make this up to you.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Our stay was great. Comfy beds and great customer service.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback and I am thrilled you had a great stay.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Tropicana is a rather small and unimpressive hotel compared to the huge Vegas strip properties surrounding it, but prices are significantly lower. If all you need is a place to sleep and park your car at night, it's more than enough. Our room in the "club tower" was large and very well furnished,

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ilan0s
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize we seemed to lack the atmosphere you were looking for and assure you that in a few weeks when our day and night club are open we will meet all your needs.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I planned my stay in Las Vegas with my daughter and her boyfriend in mind. I have previously stayed at the Trop and knew that my daughter would love it as much as I do. And I was right!!!! We all had a marvelous time. The hotel is so bright and lively! And always such a delightful fragrance throughout! The rooms are so beautifully redone and so inviting, my daughter and I cannot wait for a return visit. The newly renovated pool area is awesome! And the Trop is so close to the airport, trams to take you to the other hotels on the strip if you choose to visit them, there really is no need to rent a car. And the employees at the Trop? Top notch!!! Everyone there is so very friendly, from the checkout, room maintenance, on the casino floor, in the restaurants, all striving to help make your stay there most enjoyable. I for one will be returning real soon.

Room Tip: I have stayed on both lower and higher floors and have been extremely happy and comfortable on all f...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank pharoah755
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback and i am thrilled to her you and your daughter had such a great visit! We can't wait to see you again soon!