Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #92 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
N. Hollywood
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I loved the hotel!!! Just stayed there this past weekend and had an amazing time. The check in was a breeze!!! Mel the lady who checked was in was super nice, told her we where there celebrating our birthdays and she comped our daily resort fee and gave us room with a view of the strip.

Stayed at the Paradise Tower. The room was nice, bed was super comfy. Had arranged for room service prior to arrival, as soon as we walked into our room the concierge desk called and had the bubbly delivered within minutes.

Didn't really gamble or check out their club so I cant really comment on that.

Overall, I was really really pleased with our stay and will def be returning!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pinkaries3
Nicole-TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Happy Birthday and thank you for celebrating with us. i am thrilled you had such a great stay and Mel was able to assist you. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,604)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Alexandria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have always loved the Tropicana, but the recent makeover makes it even better. It is conviently located to the center of the Las Vegas strip, has the best pool, nice restaurants, shopping. The rooms are spacious and bright and have prices are reasonable. The staff is always friendly and many have worked there for years. I most likely will never stay anywhere else when in Vegas. Nicole Marshall has been helped me with my reservation the past few years and has always been extremely helpful and gotten me the accommodations and extras that I have requested. Thank you, Nicole!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback and for your continued support, we appreciate you. I am glad I have the opportunity to help you with your visits. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Yes they spent a boatload of money on the hotel recently, but this is still not worthy of a 4 star rating. If your idea of a nice hotel is a Ramada Limited, then by all means stay here. Dinner at the Italian restaurant consisted of a lobster ravioli where the lobster was shipped in via pony express. The casino is small and only had a few table games open. The late night food court is worse than hospital food. They didn't clean our room on the 2nd day. I called at 5:00 pm and they said they would be here within the hour. Went to have a cocktail and came back to the room at 6:30 and they still hadn't arrived. Called again and finally came to clean our room at 7:30 pm. The bed was decent....that is about the only thing that stands out. Hope you don't want to take a bath...no stopper for the drain.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Gary B
I apologize your stay failed to meet your expectations. We are looking into the lobster challenges as we had no other complaints. I would love to know more about your meal at Pelligrinos so I can ensure all challenges are corrected. For housekeeping, I apologize for the delay in service and the inaccurate quote on service time. This has been addressed and corrected. We do have stoppers for all the rooms so please feel free to notify housekeeping of anything missing in the room and we can have one sent up ASAP. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is my second Easter holidaying at the Tropicana. Last year I reviewed it and gave it 5 stars. This year, without realising it if I'm honest, I ended up in the Club Tower. Last year I was in the Paradise Tower.

(I'm sure it was in the small print of Virgin - I went through exactly the same booking process as last year - suspect it's one of those where Virgin will claim there's been no price increase ..... but only mention in the small print that it's no longer a room in the Paradise Tower!).

Pro's (with Club vs Paradise) : cheaper, far better location for pool.

Con's : smallest room I've ever stayed in in Vegas, aircon non existent (first time I've eve seen the aircon vent in the window alcove), it's a bit of a walk to the Tower from the Strip but it won't kill you.

With both rooms, I'd say the bathrooms are very average.

Overall, it's still good value for money. I'm due back in Vegas in July / August for two separate brief stays of 7 nights in total. Prior to this holiday, I'd simply assumed I'd stay at the Tropicana. Now, I'm going to have a look around. The price here is good, but in the heat of July / August, I need air con that functions!!

PS I'm up writing this at 5 in the morning ..... the room is far too warm for me to sleep in.

Room Tip: I'd definitely go for Paradise Tower even though it's a bit pricier.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I apologize for any HVAC challenges. Please don't ever feel you have to accept a room that is less than perfect. Always let us (or any hotel) know about challenges so we can have an opportunity to correct them for you ASAP. SAme with your location, if we had a Paradise tower room open we could have given you your options for moving rooms before you unpacked or even walked to the room. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com
winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

we have been Tropicana two times.The front desk agent gives us very good view room, got very good price at hotels.ca. love this hotel. must chose Paradise Tower.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and I am thrilled you had a great visit. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com