18,522 results
All reviewsmonte carlofood courtmonaco suitewave poollazy riverpool areafree tramthe blue man groupspa suiteother hotelsnew york new yorkstrip viewm lifegreat location on the striphigh floormccasino
Reviewed 18 November 2017

We had a dismal time here, from checking in to checking out. Will never ever stay here again. Checkout is shockingly long as is checking in.....this place is a construction site and don't we know it!!
Stay away....:(

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Park MGM Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear 775gilvray,

We are disappointed to learn that your visit to Monte Carlo fell below your expectations. Thank you for sharing your concerns on TripAdvisor. It is disheartening to learn about the extended wait times you encountered at the Front Desk and for the lack of communication that transpired regarding our current renovations. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences that occurred on your stay. It is our goal to provide an exceptional resort experience, and rest assured we will work to improve these issues. There is an all new MGM Resorts experience coming very soon, and it is our hope you can allow us the chance to restore your faith in our property.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

We were at the Monte Carlo to see Cher in concert (awesome concert!!!). Our room was not ready when we arrived. So we played slots for a while. The casino is small but has an excellent selection of penny slots. When our room was ready, we went up to drop off our bags. The room was freezing. Hubby reset the thermostat (air conditioner had been on - in NOVEMBER??) and set the temp for 74 degrees. When we came back after an early dinner (about 2 hours later) the room temp was down to 55 degrees and cold-no cool- air was blowing. I called and asked to have some one come check things out. They assured me someone would be up 'momentarily'. an hour later I called again. We had to leave to go to the concert and were hoping that it would be fixed before we got back. When we returned the room was down to 53 degrees!!! I called and the front desk said someone had checked it, and changed the filters (not sure how that would fix a heating problem), and they would be happy to send someone up again, but it would be at least 30 min. We wanted to get some sleep before our early morning flight, so we declined their offer. This was in one of the newly remodeled 'Park' rooms. It was nicely done, with very modern décor, but rather cramped. The beds were very low. The bath is smallish with only a shower. The room was clean. I am sure we will be returning because we really like the Park Theatre and they host some great artists. But based on our last few stays, I'll dread the hotel stay.

Room Tip: Newly remodled rooms are nice- ask for one.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear worldtravelfreek,

Thank you for sharing your valued feedback regarding your visit to Monte Carlo on TripAdvisor. While you were pleased with the contemporary decor of our newly renovated guestrooms and array of slot games in our casino, it is regrettable to learn that other facets of your stay fell below your expectations. It is disappointing to hear about the circumstance that occurred with the air conditioning in your guestroom and for the delay in rectifying this issue. Additionally, we are saddened for your disappointments with our bathroom and bedding accommodations on your stay. Your feedback is extremely important to us, and rest assured we will forward your concerns to our appropriate management team for further review. Thank you again, and it is our hope you can allow us an opportunity to surpass your anticipations in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

My friends and I go to Vegas a lot and we've always been a fan of this hotel. This visit was slightly disappointing because it was under construction and the food court was gone! We liked the ease of [Rubios etc.] for a super casual lunch option. It seems a bit discombobulated. I would normally recommend this hotel but I would wait until the construction is complete.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen M

Dear Karen M,

Thank you for reviewing your return visit to Monte Carlo on TripAdvisor. It is regrettable to learn that your experience at our resort fell below your expectations. Please accept our apologies for the hassles that occurred from our current renovations. We work hard to provide a resort experience like none other and will certainly utilize your valuable feedback in an effort to achieve this ideal. There is an all new MGM Resorts experience coming soon, and we hope you will consider visiting us in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Got an upgrade to a new Green Room on the 22nd room facing the strip...no construction noise what so ever ...but friends who were on the 21 st floor facing the new pools heard early morning construction noise.
My experience was 99% positive.The lack of dressers and a "barn door" that slides, covers the bathroom and then slides over to cover the "closet" is kind of mind boggling.Also, the water shower pressure was way below acceptable standards.
Inspite of the casino being divided from the soon to be remodelled section by a non-descript black curtain, it is pleasant and has a nice variety of new machines along with at least one $5 BJ,along with several other BJ tables, and two craps tables with one additional table..certainly met my needs.
Consierge and check-in staff were extremely friendly and competent...no lines at either station.
There is a convenient Starbucks just off the elevators.Because of lack of dining opportunities we ate all of our breakfast meals at NYNY's Il Fornaio and IF you ask for it they provide all breakfast entreys for a 2 for 1 deal before 10:30...I highly recommend trying it...great traditional choices.
BTW if possible, try Nora's for excellent Italian food.We also had an excellent PF experience.
The location of the MC offers so many excellent off campus opportunities minimizing the current lack of restaurants there.
Would definitely recommend staying there now especially with their low current rates..oh, and don't get me going re the hated resort fee !

Room Tip: room 333 on the 22nd floor was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear nuzzja,

Thank you for sharing your valued feedback regarding your stay at Monte Carlo on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the array of gaming offerings in our casino and our resort’s favorable location on the Strip. Additionally, we are elated to read you recognizing our hospitable staff at the Front Desk and Concierge. However, it is regrettable for your disappointments with the lack of desired accommodations in your guestroom and that the water pressure in the shower fell below your expectations. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience that transpired with the closure of some of our dining establishments. It is our aspiration to provide an unparalleled resort experience for our valued guests, and please know we will make every effort to improve where needed. There is an all new MGM Resorts experience on the way soon, and we look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

I recently went back to Vegas for a work trip. I originally booked my room with the Monte Carlo as I had Three Comped Nights on a room there as one of my MLife offers, (MGM Properties Players Club). I called down to confirm the price that I would be paying as it stated I would pay Resort Fee and Taxes along with one night stay. As I was on the MLife website, I seen that I had another offer for a Preview Park MGM room. I asked VIP Services what this was, and he told me that the Monte Carlo would be re-branding as the Park MGM and this was one of the renovated rooms that select MLife members were able to preview. I jumped at the offer as I love to check out new things in Vegas.
I arrived early, as I usually land around 9pm. I got to the hotel at 5pm this time, pretty early for me. I have only passed through the Monte Carlo on all my trips, so this was pretty new to go through the check in process. I get to the desk and don't wait long at all! The lady who helped me was very polite and knowledgeable about the property, kind of what you expect of the front desk staff. She informed me that there were renovations and construction going on throughout the property and casino, but assured us that it would be a bother for my stay. She directed me to the elevators, and it was immediate you could tell the difference with the temporary walls set up blocking off the construction. All the halls around the casino were clearly marked telling you where to go; i.e casino, cash desk, food court/restaurant, elevators. I've been to places where they leave you to assume you're going the right way with no signage.
I get on the elevator and it was quick getting to the 19th floor, and the halls were clearly marked with the room designations. I get to my room and upon opening the door, I am greeted with red paint that is bright as its reflecting the sunset through the window. The walls were decorated with beautiful picture art, framed in glass. The room was a double queen, nothing fancy or to big. To the left of the door was the bathroom, a barn door type partition painted to match the room. When closed, you had access to the closet space where there was a rail to hang your clothes, a shelf for luggage and a small safe. Also in that little space was the ice bucket and cups. When open, the bathroom was a spacious area with huge vanity mirror, sleek counter top and a stand-alone towel rack with the usual towels, hand towels, and wash clothes. Also on there was the soap and lotions sets. The toilet was bigger then some of the places I've stayed, and the shower was a stand-up with glass door. My only complaint about this was that it didn't have that great of water pressure. That could be due to the construction, but who knows. It was enough to get clean, but I like a little more pressure in my showers.
In the room, there was no dresser or armoire. That was perfectly fine with me. In the corner there was a table with chair and against the window there was a couch that could sit three or four people. The tv was pretty good size, but who is to judge the tv size when you're in Vegas, right? The tv was cable I believe, with plenty of channels to watch. The beds were queen size, had four pillows each and the comforter was very soft. The mattress was very comfortable, as I would complain if it wasn't. I have a bad back and felt rested every morning when I woke up!
Going down to the casino, as stated before the renovations were obvious. But, that didn't take away from my gambling experience at Monte Carlo. I found the MLife desk and got my new Military card, which I think is pretty cool!
They had all the table games running and a lot of slot machines for everyone to play. The casino did seem a little empty, but I've never really been to Vegas during the week. I know the place was busy because of the people coming and going through the lobby. I enjoyed my time playing there, even though I wasn't lucky enough for a jackpot this trip. The casino was a smoking property like almost all others on the strip, but the smoke smell wasn't very noticeable like some of the other properties that I've been to. I thought that they had a pretty good air circulation to prevent the smell of cigarettes.
I didn't eat at the property on this trip, so I cannot comment on the restaurants. I know they have a pretty decent food court as I've passed by it in the past.
One thing that I forgot to comment on was the new Park Theater. While there, just so happened to be a Cher concert. I only found this out because some ladies on the elevator were talking about going. There seems to be a lot of big names coming to the Park Theater in the near future.
All in all, I had a pretty good stay at the Monte Carlo/Park MGM Room. I look forward to seeing it when completed as talking to one of the hotel staff, it is going to be pretty epic!
I marked mid-range on the expensive question because I have quoted rooms in the past. It isn't super expensive, and it isn't the cheapest either. You get a lot for what you pay here, though. I plan on staying here again, hopefully when the renovations are complete! Along with the MLife players club perks, I'm sure that will be possible!

Room Tip: Rooms facing T-Mobile Arena have a sunset view as well!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Monte Carlo on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that you were highly satisfied with the contemporary accommodations in your guestroom. We are also pleased to read you highlighting our welcoming staff member at the Front Desk, enthralling gaming atmosphere, and Military and Veterans Program branded M life card. Additionally, it is wonderful to read you recognizing our efforts to offset the negative effects of secondhand smoke in the Casino. Please accept our apologies that the water pressure in our guestroom shower proved underwhelming. Rest assured we will relay this concern to our appropriate management staff for future improvements. It is our goal to have many pleasantries at our resort so that our guests never have to leave. Your delightful correspondence lets us know that our efforts in that objective were truly appreciated by you. There is an all new MGM Resorts experience coming very soon and we eagerly await your next trip to Las Vegas.