“Better than expected” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Better than expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

After reading the reviews on here, I was terrified when this hotel came up for me on priceline's name your own price. However, this hotel was much better than I expected!! I'll give you the pros and cons.

Pros:
The pool area is spacious and fun. Great music is played all day and while it's a lively atmosphere, I wouldn't say it's a crazy, wild party scene. They have a lazy river, a wave pool and a regular pool. I highly recommend reserving a daybed. It's $250 for the bed, two chairs and an umbrella, but unlike other hotels, your $250 goes towards food and beverages all day. That makes this an amazing deal and you have a dedicated waitress. Megan, our waitress, was great.

Lobby and common areas were all clean.

Room, while not the nicest I've ever been in, was very clean and everything was freshened and replenished by housekeeping daily. I didn't have any burnt smelling towels, but I did get some weathered ones.

Easy to get a taxi.

If you do one thing, go to the ice bar in this hotel...amazing!!!

Cons:
Internet here is a joke. Part of your resort fee is wired access. While that's great if you have a computer and can sit in your room, those of us with tablets and portable devices are out of luck. They have wireless in the food court area but that doesn't really help me if I'm at the pool or in my room. I'm shocked with all the hotel competition these days, they can't invest in wireless all over.

Computers were down a lot so you couldn't charge things to your room.

Walls are paper thin in here. Try to get a corner room so you only have one neighbor. I could hear every convo on each side and every toilet flush.

Staff really didn't go out of their way to earn your return business. Either rude sometimes or just not around to answer your questions.

Not the greatest restaurant choices in the town, but if you want basic, it's a good spot.

Room Tip: Avoid a connecting room, ask for a high floor with a view!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cali S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,237)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

The two things I want to complain about is the resort fee of $20.00 per night. This is a cash grab. You get two small bottles of water and a coffe machine in your room. The coffee was so bad I could not drink it. They only provided 1 packet of sugar and I packet of cream. The first day I had to call to get extra sugar, From then on we did not drink the coffee but they still only provided 1 sugar if I wanted to drink the coffee I would have to call for extra sugar and cream every day. Also you could not take any beverages into the pool area. Even water or coffee was not allowed. Every time you went in and out of the pool area they would check your bags and purse for beverages. Total BS. They do this so you can buy the drinks at the pool which are very expensive. This made me angry so I did not purchase anything at the pool bar.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank antandaustin
MonteCarloRep, Front Office Manager at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Thank you for your valued input! Over the past year, we have received feedback from our guests regarding the inconvenience of having to pay for the use of numerous services and amenities at our resort in an a la carte manner, often resulting in larger than anticipated incidental charges upon departure. As a result, we decided to bundle these services as a value to our guests. On behalf of our housekeeping team, we apologize for not providing the appropriate coffee amenities for you during your visit. Please be assured that your experience is not typical or indicative of the service culture we strive to provide. We would truly welcome the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort when we may restore your faith in our service promise. Please feel free to contact me personally so that I may assist in making your arrangements.

Monte Carlo Resort and Casino| p.702.730.7245 | 800.311.8999
Ritzville, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed here during spring vacation with a couple friends. Our friends said that would not stay here again but we thought it was fine. We, however, had a horrible time at check-in. We wanted to get our room before we left for a booked show at 5:00 p.m. We tried checking in at 3:30 p.m. and they didn't have a room for us (king bed) and so we stored our luggage away and went on along our way knowing that AFTER the show at 9:30 our room would be ready. Guess what? They gave us a room and we went up to the upteenth floor (high up) and the room had earlier been cleaned but someone had obviously came back in. There was change on the counter, someone had layed on the bed, trash on the floor and a towel used. Yuk! We called the front desk and they moved us to another room even higher up that was clean. We told the front desk about our experience (got a little angry) and they waived the daily charge of $15/nite. By the way, that price has lately gone up (from $10.00 due to adding COFFEE and bottled water in the rooms. Good things are the pool area was nice but waaaaaay overcrowded like you were on a cruise. However, it was one of the first nice hot days. The only reason we stayed here is because we got a really good rate. I would stay here again at a discounted rate. (booked with southwest)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Fort McMurray, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

I have been to Vegas more then 10 times and this by far is the worst property I have ever stayed at. The smell of the lobby smells a toilet. They must be trying to mask some kind of smell but as soon as we walked in the smell was quite strong. The check in process took about 30 min. There were several front desk staff but it seemed to take a very long time just to get room keys. Initially we had the deluxe suite booked. But as soon as I walked in I was very disappointed. The room was worse the a 3 star motel room. The room was small and outdated. The washroom looked old and not very clean. I quickly turned around and went to from desk to ask for an upgrade. I had to pay extra but I didn't care. There was no way I was going to stay in that room. The front desk staff member totally understood and recommended me the Monaco Suite. It was an extra 35 dollars and night and it included free wifi.

The Monaco Suite was well worth the extra money. It was twice the size with 2 washroom and modern looking. So if you have to stay at this property I would not go any lower then the Monaco Suite. The location of the hotel was ok. It was a little off from the strip but it had access to the tram which we used quite often. You can take the tram to Aria/Vadra and to Ballagio.

If you are on a budget trip there are several food court restaurant on the main level. Such as McDonalds, Starbucks, and Subway. Which can be nice if you just want to have quick snack or a cheap meal.

Overall I would rate the hotel a 2 out of 5 stars. I just felt it was not Vegas quality at all. The hotel may have been amazing back in the dat but it has to be the same level as the Flamingo. Most hotels basic room is way better then an average hotel. When you think of Vegas everything is bigger and better. But that is not the case at the Monte Carlo. It was my sisters first time in Vegas and she was not blown away. Which is too bad cause I remember my first trip to Vegas and my hotel (Caesars Palace) was all WOW even the room.

Room Tip: Don't get anything less then the Monaco Suite.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Joey C
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We are deeply sorry to learn our rooms did not meet your expectations. We continually look for ways to improve them and work diligently to ensure their readiness. We take deep pride in the amenities we do have as well as our commitment to guest satisfaction. If you do choose Monte Carlo for your resort destination again please contact me so that I may arrange your stay for you.

Monte Carlo Resort and Casino| p.702.730.7245| 800.311.8999

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

orange
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

We really liked the feel of the hotel when we walked through it on a previous Vegas trip. So much so, that we decided to stay at MC on our next Vegas trip. When we did, we truly felt comfortable and at ease in the hotel. The room, however, was very simple, average. The bathroom needed upgrading of faucets, shower head, etc. Definitely didn't feel like you would want to sit in the tub which looks old and outdated. We have gone back and stayed at a different hotel since our stay at MC, but still spent a lot of time at Monte Carlo because it feels like you are in the action, there is lots to do, service and staff of hotel and all the restaurants we visited have been very friendly. We are a fan of MC! My husband and I have taken 4 trips now to Vegas, and our trip when we stayed at MC stands out as the most enjoyable and fun that we had.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Talines
Thank you for being a fan and for your excellent feedback! We are proud to have provided such a comfortable and friendly experience for you. We are currently looking for ways to improve our rooms for further enjoyment of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again here at the Monte Carlo!

Monte Carlo Resort and Casino| p.702.730.7245| 800.311.8999