“Wow what a place.”

GreenLeadersGold level
East Kingston, New Hampshire
“Wow what a place.”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We arrived home a few hours ago and I already miss the Venetian. It is the only hotel that I have ever been able to get a good rest at . This is because the beds and pillows are so comfortable. I would like to know which brand of pillow they use as I have a lot of stiffness in my neck. The room was beautiful and the bathroom awesome. I love to take baths and had two every day I was there because of the huge tub. A few days in to our trip we discovered a food court on the 2nd floor with reasonably priced food so we ate there a lot. Most mornings we went to a coffee stand on the 2nd floor and got cinnamon rolls and coffee. It would have been nice if we had a coffee maker in our room. We went to the phantom show here and I enjoyed it but it wasn't my husband's cup of tea. We thought the location of the hotel was good and the hotel really has so much there to do that you never really need to venture off the property if you don't want to. There are tons of restaurants,shops and of course the grand casino there that has more of my money than I would have liked to leave there. That's my own fault though. The staff were pleasant and helpful. You have the feeling that the staff is doing everything possible to make your stay the best that it can be and I appreciate their great effort . Finally, this hotel was the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed and the beauty of the place has etched a memory in my mind that will last a lifetime.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diana v
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Again, thank you for your loyalty and we all look forward to your return.

The Venetian|The Palazzo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,728)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
California
Reviewed 18 July 2012

What can I say that hasn't already been said about how fantastic the Venetian is, quality, comfort, and location wise? It's an absolutely beautiful hotel! I won't go into too much detail as the other great reviews pretty much say it all.

I was doing my yearly visit to meet up with my friends from Canada, and this time I chose the Venetian due to the great promotional deals I regularly received from the Venetian. It would have been great to have booked a room with a view of the strip, but my friends weren't too concerned about views, so we just saved some money by taking a lower floor which looked into a blank wall of the Palazzo. No big deal. The rooms were absolutely gorgeous, spacious, and had pretty much everything we needed for a very comfortable stay. The rooms were very clean, very nicely decorated, and extremely comfortable....and quiet! The entrance doors are sealed for maximum peace and quiet, but of course you will hear the occasional voices outside should people be walking by and talking loudly....or if a door slams. What I thought was a great touch was the very fast wifi or cabled internet (included in the $20 resort fee). To top it all off, there was a Brother MFC-440CN printer/fax/scanner/copier in the room by the work desk! This is such an excellent convenience as you can book shows online and print tickets at your convenience, do your online flight check-ins and print your boarding pass, fax, copy, etc Other than that, the room is a huge open plan space with 2 queen beds (soooooo comfortable!), large bathroom with separate shower and bathtub, a living room with large sectional sofa, and a 3-seater dining table. And the best part, 3 TVs in the room!....one in the bathroom, one the bedroom, and one in the living room (with a DVD player)!

The only annoying thing was when my friend called guests services for some hot water so that she could make some tea, since the rooms do not have a kettle. They wanted to charge $6+ just for hot water, so we declined and just went downstairs to the cafe.

The hotel is truly convenient with a plethora of different restaurants within the hotel or part of the Palazzo. We managed to try a few of the fine dining and casual restaurants here and must say, you can't go wrong.....the food quality is excellent, and the service to match! Simply outstanding. I noticed a food court for the quick eats, but never got to try them with all the many fine dining outlets we wanted to try.

We managed to use the pool on the 4th floor which was very nice, but way way too crowded for my liking. It's a great place to people watch though as this is where you'll find lots of eye candy! I stuck around for about a half hour and decided the loud and booming music from the Tao club private pool area was just too loud for me to relax.

I love to work out especially with all the excellent restaurants I knew I'd be trying out while in Vegas! The gym is the absolute best I'd ever been to in any hotel in Vegas, and it handily beats many private gyms I've ever seen. The gym is equipped with state of the art machines and free weights, and it's all very well maintained, clean, and perfect for all fitness levels. Towels, headphones are provided and many of the cardio machines have TVs attached. Water coolers are located in various parts of the gym. There's even a rock climbing wall for those interested, and a cafe located at the reception area. I usually don't spend more than an hour at the gym, but here I could work out for well over an hour because the place was that great!

Another convenience is the Fashion Mall being so close by. Just a walk through the Palazzo casino to the side entrance which takes you to the bridge across the road from the mall. Then one more bridge to cross the road and your immediately at the mall. Another wonderful convenience is the Walgreens located outside the Palazzo along the strip. They have everything you need or may have forgotten to bring, including booze and bottled water.

I think this is the best hotel and location of all the several other Vegas hotels I've tried over the years and I'll definitely stay here again without any hesitation.

One piece of advice with many Vegas cab drivers however. On numerous occasions we'd hand the driver a $50 note on a $17-20 fare, and the drivers would how much change we'd like back? It's your money and you decide how much you want to tip and not the other way round! However, they seemed to think it's their right, and on at least a couple of occasions when we asked for $30 back we were told outright "NO!" and just returned our change minus the tip amount that they decided on! It seems this is the sign of the times with the economy being so bad for so many. So beware. Best advice is make sure you have exact change and a little extra to tip them as you please, if they deserve it.

Room Tip: You really can't go wrong with the rooms. It's just a matter of whether you want one with a...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. I am delighted that you enjoyed your accommodations at The Venetian|The Palazzo during your visits to Las Vegas. I am happy that we were able to provide you with useful on-site amenities. Having numerous dining options on property has proved to be a great benefit for many of our guests.

We understand that there are many travel options when visiting Las Vegas and we certainly appreciate your patronage and your loyalty. We look forward to hosting you during your return visits to Las Vegas.

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The suite we stayed in has moved to the top of my "most beautiful" rooms I've stayed in. I was initially concerned about the music from the pool area but they quieted down at a decent hour. Though I had fun exploring the Venetian and other casinos, my husband preferred to stay out of the 112 degree heat and enjoyed the room. Check-in went smoothly at the priority desk and they were able to provide a refrigerator for the room. After the first morning of running around for coffee (no coffee maker in room), we used room service. Though $38 may sound overpriced, it included the delivery fee and gratuity and 2 LARGE pots of coffee. I'm not much of a gambler but I did enjoy the shopping and seeing the Phantom of the Opera. How wonderful to just take the elevator afterwards and not worry about parking or traffic. I only tried the pool at the Towers once and it was very refreshing.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 July 2012

The wife and I stayed at the Venetian June 19-23rd in 2011 for our honeymoon. This place is beautiful. We was checked in and in our room in about 15 minutes. We stayed in a deluxe suite with a strip view.
There was three swimming pools and several restaurants on site. It was like going to Itatly. We had room service once. The food was good but pricey.The wife and I ate at I heart Burgers one day. The food was very good but two burgers, two fries. and two milk shake was almost $70!!!!
Make sure you take the boat ride. Very romantic. The guy who steers the boat sings to you, but once again very expensive. Boat ride and pictures cost around $100.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Again, thank you for your patronage and we all look forward to your return.

BC - Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My review is a bit late, since we were there from June 20 - 23rd. We went for a bachelorette, and wanted to pick a really nice hotel. So glad we chose this one!

We had booked the Venetian directly through the phone, and were told that we could have an early check-in. We arrived around 1pm, and had no problems checking in. I had hoped for a high floor room, but since we wanted the sofa-bed, we were told that they were on the lower floors only, and ended up on the 7th floor. An OK view of the pool.

The room was great!! Two beds, plus the sitting area, so it was nice to keep our clutter away from the sleeping area. There were 3 TVs (by the beds, in the sitting area, and in the washroom).

I don't know what to focus on here, since I loved everything. The washroom had 2 sinks, which was great between 5 girls. The toilet is behind its own closed door, so someone else could be using the washroom while someone was in there. Mirrors outside the washroom area, so that made getting ready easier than in some rooms. Cleaning staff was great. Did not like the weighted fridge, but that is expected in hotels nowadays. I also didn't like that when the bellman brought our luggage up to our room, he seemed to question the amount of the tip he was given. Ummmmm......I believe a tip is an "extra" so I found that extremely rude. The AC didn't seem to work, but we never did say anything. I am sure if we had, we would have either been moved, or the problem would have been fixed. I suffered with nights too warm to sleep since my friends liked a warmer room.

Location was great, as is being connected to the shops. Lots of restaurant choices, from affordable and everyday, to higher end. We only discovered on our last day that there were 2 food courts instead of just 1.

Casino was always happening. Tao was great. We went there one night, and it was the best of all the clubs we had been to.

All in all, I loved the Venetian, and hopefully will stay there or the Palazzo on my next trip to Vegas!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Girl_604
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. I am delighted that you enjoyed your accommodations at The Venetian during your recent visit to Las Vegas. We certainly endevour to provide the best possible value amongst our competitiors without having to compromise our Unmatched Guest Services. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared as we truly value the feedback from our guests.

We understand that there are many travel options when visiting Las Vegas and we certainly appreciate your patronage and thank you for recommending us as the hotel of choice while visiting this fabulous city. We look forward to hosting you during your return visits to Las Vegas.