“Luxury on the strip”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed at the Venetian with a group of friends on the weekend after July 4th, and overall, we had a very good stay! This is one of the most luxury hotels in Las Vegas, and it shows at every step. The walls are covered with paintings and other designs, and the theme is pushed throughout the hotel.

We stayed at a strip-view Bella Suite in the Venezia Tower, which was (at first) very difficult to get to; it involved taking two different elevators, and then walking about 40 doors down. However, that is to be expected at the largest hotel in the world. Overall, I felt the room's view was slightly disappointing for how much we paid, but it was a strip view nevertheless. The beds were as nice as I've ever stayed on, and there was plenty of personal space throughout. Housekeeping was extremely professional, and the front desk was responsive. The TVs (2 of them) both are very easy to use (unlike in some other hotels) and work really well. Finally, the rooms are extremely sound-proof; we never once heard another soul near us, and nobody complained about our music.

The pool area is also really nice, but it is almost completely in the sun, which can get slightly exhausting in the late afternoon. Although there is a kids pool, the main pool is not very kid friendly (just a warning for families), even for a Vegas pool. But, drink service is fast, and if you tip the bartender, you will get better service throughout the day.

There were few problems with our stay, but that should be mentioned regardless. First off, my friend that checked in had a 500 dollar deposit taken from his card at check-in, and because he paid with a debit card, the money was essentially withdrawn from his account by the bank. I know that this is hotel policy and not the hotel's fault, but he was not informed that the money was going to be taken from his card if he paid with a debit card. Also, it took several calls to the front desk to find out where the ice machine on our floor was; bringing up ice to the room cost 4 dollars. Finally, they check your card at every entrance to the hotel, sometimes even at two different places; this is a good security measure, but it can be annoying at times.

The Venetian is a great hotel, and should be very good for a trip to Vegas!

Room Tip: Ask for higher-floor strip view. Bella suites are the best!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank dfotinich

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. I am delighted that you enjoyed your accommodations at The Venetian|The Palazzo during your recent conference in Las Vegas. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so we may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

I would like to thank you for your feedback as it is through communication, such as yours, that we are better able to monitor and improve services for our guests.

We understand that there are many travel options when visiting Las Vegas and we certainly appreciate your patronage and your loyalty. We look forward to hosting you during your return visits to Las Vegas.

Kind regards,

The Venetian|The Palazzo

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Venetian Las Vegas

Reviewed 10 July 2012

My boyfreind and I loved the Venetian. It was a great location midway on the strip. The Hotel is gorgeous and very clean. We won a lot of money on the penny slots, which we were very suprised, and the staff was very professional. We loved the Bags-to-go service, this service allows you to drop your luggage ($10 per case) and get your boarding passes for you flight, they take your luggage to the airport so you dont have to carry it around until time to go to the airport and you can do more sight seeing even after you have to check out. I recommend you get a 3-day bus pass rather than monarail because the busses run every 15 minutes and drop you very close to all destinations. The hotel also has shuttle buses that take you to the airport and all you do is go get on the bus and pay the driver, which is very easy ($7 per person). the only thing we didn't like was the lotion and conditioner, it was not very good.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa B

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

A huge property which you may find it difficult to locate your room on the first day of stay, spacious rooms, nice location in the strip, shopping arcade and plenty of really good restaurants are in your easy access. There are some disadvantages like long queues for checkin and below average breakfast with huge crowd, however, overall experience will be very nice and I am sure you are going to enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Don't forget to try all entertainment option located in your own hotel before exploring others !
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YaserKangani

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team members. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed in the Penthouse Suite..., Spectacular ! The rooms are exactly as described on their website. Very Clean and a fantastic nights sleep. Service was good and not a single complaint. Views of the strip were perfect.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 July 2012

There aren't many hotels you can live in for 10 days and not get tired of. I was here working at a conference for 10 days and I hated to leave to go home. I really enjoyed the large, comfortable rooms. The only issue was how far down the hall my room was. Once I forgot something in my room and remembered by the time I got to the elevator and had to run back. Also, I would get to my room and didn't want to go back out all the way to the middle to get ice. Food selections in this hotel were great. Ate at Lagassee Stadium (in the Palazzo side) twice during my stay. There is alot of walking to do. Actually had an enjoyable time at the $10 blackjack tables however, the dealers could use a lesson in personality. If people are having fun they stay. I was up a good amount but enjoyed the guys at my table so I kept playing (no thanks to the dealer) and I eventually lost. If it wouldn't have been for my good tablemates, I would have left as soon as I got up enough. Part of my job was checking out the rooms before our VIP guests arrived and for the most part they were up to standards and the things that weren't were fixed quickly. I had some issues with cell service in the room but other than that, I enjoyed my stay there. LOVED the remote control blinds in my room!

Room Tip: Ask for one close to an elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business