“Wow!”

Ranked #10 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
“Wow!”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

All I can say us I've never stayed in a place so fabulous! Every corner you turn has beautiful art on the walls and ceilings. The too was spacious and clean, the bed was large and very comfortable. Lastly the view, well what can I say?! It was stop facing and you could see for miles! Fantastic!

• Stayed June 2012
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so we may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

Every aspect of The Venetian was created for the enjoyment of our guests; from our luxurious suites and beautifully re-created historic landmarks of Venice, Italy, to hand-painted frescos and world-class restaurants. The Venetian|The Palazzo truly is a destination within a destination. I am so very pleased that you had such a memorable and enjoyable stay.

We understand that there are many travel options when visiting Las Vegas and we certainly appreciate your patronage and thank you for recommending us as the hotel of choice while visiting this fabulous city. We look forward to hosting you during your return visits to Las Vegas.

The Venetian|The Palazzo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,728)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 16 June 2012

First off I want to say that we returned to the Venetian this time because our previous stay had been so nice. We stayed 3 years ago and I just loved it so I booked it again even though my husband's conference was at Caesar's and he would have to walk each day.

Upon check-in we were given a room, we were there early. Front desk was very nice. I asked specifically for a quiet room as we really needed some rest and relaxation. We were on the 12th floor over looking where the lobby was, so we could see Caesar's from our view. Noticed that the room was not as tip top shape as 3 years ago, room looking a little worn but not bad. Crews were updating the rooms around ours so I assume this room would be getting a face-lift after we checked out. I asked the crew if they would be working in the am, as i had requested a quiet room. They said they would be sure to be quiet in the am.

The first night was nice and quiet the work was kept to the other rooms, but the paint, crews etc. in the hallway made for a rather unpleasant odor in the halls. It did not come into the room, though. They did not clean up after themselves after work hours and the halls were full of chipped paint etc. It really did not look up to par, and the smell was quite moldy in the hallway where they had been working.

It was quiet in the am, and I was able to get the sleep I required. This day I spent mostly at the pool, which was much more crowded than in my previous visit. It was hard to find lounge chairs (it was Wedneday in mid-June). Also (and I'm a Mom with younger children whom I left at home with grandparents) there were LOTS of kids in the pools. I'm fine with this however, these kids were not well behaved. They were noisy, pushy, splashy etc. I know it's a pool, but it is an adult oriented area where I think kids should be monitored more closely.

When I returned to my room I decided to have a bath in the lovely jetted tub. I went to turn it on and there were hairs from other people (we had not used the tub). Also when I went to lean down I noticed how dusty and dirty the tub was. I called housekeeping and they said they'd fix it, but by then, I needed to get showered and out for a meal. So there was no time now for my relaxing bath. I was quite put out by this dirty tub. I also called the front desk and let them know of my dirty tub. NO one really cared much. They did send someone up to clean it but that's it, nothing else.

The first time we came to Venetian, I loved the bath products, they were amazing. They have down graded to another type that smells just like something you'd pick up at the grocery store. The new products are a definite step down, when I mentioned this to front desk, they said they knew people weren't happy about the new products. Anway, I mention this in case you are looking forward to that wonderful Agraria Orange Soaps etc.

The second am, we were awoken to them working on the room beside us. This bothered me as we had been out late and had requested a quiet room. I didn't think complaining would do much, as our dirty tub was not a big deal to them.

I would like to mention that the sheets, and bedding were quite comfortable. Soft sheets are a must for me, these fit the bill. The room is easy to keep at a comfortable temperature and the black out shades work well.

My last issue was the coupon book they give you at check-in. They tell you what a great savings this is. I tried to use a couple of the coupons and each time, they told me it was their other location, or some other problem. The coupons didn't specify, for example to use the coupon for 20% off at Bouchon for the Bistro rather than the Bakery. No where on the coupon did it state that, but they absolutely would not budge. It was a lot of mediocre customer service.

On check-out day I called for a late check out and was told no, When I pushed her and mentioned the dirty tub problem, she gave me a 1 hour later time. We ended up using the pool facilities and then the locker room to shower before out plane. This worked fine.

Overall, I would pick some place different. The Palazo seems nicer. It is a nice place but with so many people they just don't give great customer service which I expect from a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one that is newly done.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank webtravelreview
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success. I’m sorry to hear that the service expectations weren’t met. I also apologize for the noise challenges you experienced. It is never our intention to cause our guests this unnecessary stress or inconvenience. Allow me to assure you that your most recent experience is not the standard of our resort. Again, I apologize that you were not extended our Unmatched Guest Services throughout your entire stay. I would like to thank you for articulating the details of your experience. It is through communication, such as yours, that we are better able to monitor and improve services for our guests.

We value your patronage, and hope that this atypical experience will not deter you from visiting our property again. I would certainly like an opportunity to look into these matters further. Please feel free to contact our office directly so that we may further discuss.

Kind regards,

Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We returned to the Venetian after staying at other Vegas properties. We returned because the Grazie loyalty program is once again more player friendly. We were comped a three-night stay to participate in a slot tournament. We choose the Venetian (over the Palazzo) because the Food Court and other fast food stores are just off the guest elevator on the Canal level (second floor). This makes it very easy to get a couple of coffees and breakfast muffins at the Coffee Bean and a newspaper at the news stand. Cheap and good. For a more substantial (yet reasonable) meal, the Grand Lux is located just off the guest elevators on the Casino level. (The safe is very inconvenient to access at the Venetian versus the Palazzo) The room was, as expected, clean, nicely furnished and everything in near perfect working order. We had to 'play with' the curtain remote to get the curtains to fully close.

We experienced a number of less than competent dealers/proper play in the casino. In one case, the dealer simply said that she didn't know the game and would we (the players) help her out. In another case, the dealer was simply dealing the game incorrectly. I asked that he call the pit boss, who, incredibly, said the dealer was right. The relief dealer dealt the game properly. Bothersome because the dealer was denying players the right to make perfectly legal plays! At another table, the dealer 'underpaid' a bonus by $100, and consistently misread player hands.

We used the Gold/Platinum Clubroom on three occasions. For lunch, a tasty soup and two hot snack items were offered. Three cheeses and some crackers were offered as well. For evening appetizers on the next day, the exact same items were offered. A waitress periodically collects orders for (free) bar drinks, and numerous sodas and other soft drinks are always available. The room is quite small, with perhaps a half dozen tables and chairs, plus some additional chairs. That said, it was never crowded. Oh, the room is located to the rear of the high limit slot machine salon. We never saw anyone check for the appropriate membership card.

Our stay met our expectations, and we will likely return in the near future

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MortyCanada
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your most recent stay. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and we sincerely appreciate your loyalty and thank you for choosing The Venetian to host you during your most recent visit. It is my hope that you continue to give us opportunities to exceed your expectations and that we continue to be your resort of choice when visiting this fabulous city.

I’m sorry to read that you experienced multiple challenges while playing in our casino. Please rest assured that we take these comments seriously and they will be forewarded to the appropriate area for review and handling.

We value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards. When you choose The Venetian|The Palazzo in the future, please contact us directly so we may assist you with your reservation. We look forward to your return.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This was a lovely surprise from my wife from my wife for my 30th Birthday in August 2011.
I remember arriving at Gatwick Airport very surprised - she had hidden the luggage very well in the car.

In summary - V-Room - excellent, Premium Economy Flight - excellent!

We only went for the weekend so we just spent most of the time at the resort (which you have to pay a resort fee when you arrive - when I mentioned this to my Dad when we got home he said we had, had to pay this at Circus Circus in October 2005 when we went as family - I don't believe any holiday company tells you about this and you find out when you arrive so double check. We were only there a weekend so it wasn't much).

The whole resort is excellent, the service wonderful, the roof side pool was awesome. I would definitely stay there again. I love Vegas - this was my second time and would happily go there a many more time.

The Venetian is one of the top hotels on the strip and after spending a weekend there I can see why. The rooms are all suite, the shopping centre and food court is wonderful (although if you want to go shopping go to Caesars Palace), the service was amazing. The place was very clean. No complaints from us at all. Would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark2500
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We were in Las Vegas Venetion Resort Casino and had the best time of our US holiday. The resort is wonderful and very classy with a good array of dining facilities and shops. I would definitely recommend this resort who likes classic decor.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Daisy T
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 16 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so we may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.