“Gorgeous Pool”

GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver, Canada
“Gorgeous Pool”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Awesome! Lovely room with comfy Sealy Posturpedic bed. Lovely sunken living room. Very clean and luxurious. Wonderful all round. Bring your bathing suit because the pool is not to be missed. The staff, including the casino dealers are great.

Room Tip: Luxury Suite has a King bed.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank sarahalta
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

The Venetian|The Palazzo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,679)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
frisco
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Our family enjoyed our stay there during the summer. The room was large and we loved the court yard pool. We also visited there large pool but we preferred the smaller pool where we can keep an eye on our kids.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

New York
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I recommend staying at the venetian. My boyfriend and I went during columbus day weekend and the weather was excellent!!! The pool is decent. The rooms are very nice. The gondola ride was nice, however very pricey!!! They don't allow you to use your own camera they have someone take a professional picture for you and charge you 20 dollars per picture!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 26 May 2012
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for allowing us to host you during you visit to Las Vegas over the past Columbus Day holiday. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your suite, pool and gondola ride.

We certainly value your patronage and look forward to your return.

nashville
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is a Beautiful Hotel with wonderfully large room we went at Christmas the living room was able to sit comfortablly 8 people we did eat at the Mexican resturant We ate ate other RESTURANTS related to the price but the Hotel is Beautiful and the staff very nice We Lived it would stay there again when in town

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank andypandaNashville

York, United Kingdom

**Background to our stay**
We spent six days in Las Vegas in July last year and decided to stay at the Venetian, it was a toss up between that and the Bellagio, but after several people said to us "lots of older people in the Bellagio" we decided that perhaps the Venetian was more suited to us as mid-20 somethings.

**The Hotel**
The hotel is ENORMOUS. The entire complex comprises of The Venetian and The Pallazo next door. In the middle is a huge shopping centre/food arcade etc. I would honestly say it was as big as the Trafford Centre and much much taller. Because of the size, personally I found trying to get anywhere just took forever. From our room, we walked down a long corridor to the lifts, took the lifts 30 floors down then walked through the lift lobby and into the casino. That typically took 10-15 minutes which doesn't sound long, but it really naffed me off every time I forgot something in the room or if I wanted breakfast or if they refused to let me charge food to my room card without presenting my passport (weird!) and naturally I had not got the passport with me. All in all, I hated the fact it was so big, but seriously, the whole of Las Vegas is like that, crossing a road seems to take 20 minutes due to people traffic, road bridges, car traffic and traffic lights. You aint going nowhere fast.

Equally, we never did find out where the "official" restaurant was and tended to eat in the food courts next to the casino because they were cheaper and more convenient. Bonus points for having a cupcake shop by the lifts. Not so good for putting weight on me though! :)

In terms of decor, it is stunning. Marble everywhere, ornate ceilings, dripping with "gold" everywhere. It does feel really luxurious and it is very clean. The size of the thing just drove me mad.

**The Room**
The room again is ENORMOUS! We paid about $120 per night which considering what we had paid elsewhere on our roadtrip was very good value for the size of the room. There was a living area and upper level with a MASSIVE Californian King Bed (bigger than king size in the UK), two TV's, the bathroom was exquisite with marble everywhere, a TV in the bathroom and a phone in the toilet. Never know who might ring when your spending a penny! We had a great view of the volcano across the road and watched it erupt many times from our hotel room.

**Location on the Strip**
In terms of location, it is dead central; BUT the bottom half of the strip is being re-developed so we didn't go further down than the Venetian, therefore we felt as though we were technically at the end of the strip (even if we weren't). If you want to stay central of the good part of the strip, stay in the Bellagio.

**Staff**
The staff seemed generally friendly, a few issues with luggage not being delivered to our room for several hours, two phonecalls later (from the toilet phone ha ha!) and it was sorted with deepest apologies.

**Casino**
The casino was brilliant, one of my favourites which was lucky as we spent quite a good proportion of time in there (air conditioned compared to 40 degrees outside!). Lots of tables, lots of slots but not as many free drinks as is typically reported about Vegas (that goes for all hotels)

**Pool area**
The pool area was stunning HOWEVER, they should absolutely ban smoking around and IN the pool. I got fed up being choked to death by cigar smoke. You can have a free sunbed which were canvas and comfy OR you can pay for a cabana a little private-ish hut - we enquired just for a giggle and they were $300. The girl didn't seem too amused when I asked if that was for a week....no it was for a day! Eek! I did feel "poor" sometimes as this hotel was a massive treat for our honeymoon and there were lots of people about with lots of money! Drinks girls are round frequently but service was quite slow. At the weekends, Vegas just gets crazy. Venetian has pool parties and loud DJs which you have to pay extra for (Tao Beach) - lots of drunk youngsters about at the weekend though which detracted from the overall feel of the hotel. My favourite part of the pool was next door where you can walk through to the Pallazzo and there are sunbeds IN THE POOL - cool off whilst you tan, what more could you ask for?!

**Overall Impression**
The size drove me scatty, I'm not sure any of the other hotels would be any better and the fact it took me ages to find breakfast in the mornings wasn't so great. I did like the hotel a lot but due to the location would probably stay at the Bellagio next time even though I think the Venetian is actually nicer in terms of decor. The room and the sunbeds in the pool were my favourite part!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dollydaydream84
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your host during our recent visit to Las Vegas. I am delighted to hear that your overall impression of the hotel was a positive one.

I would like to thank you for sharing the details of your experience. It is through communication, such as yours, that we’re better able to monitor and improve services for our guests.

We value your patronage and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to host you in the future.