Americas Best Value Inn Las Vegas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Desert Rose Resort(Las Vegas)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsrooms are smallclose to the airportconvenience storeminute walkoff the stripluxor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The airline network of discounted rooms for 'distressed' travelers does not extend to Saturday nights in Vegas. This was the only hotel with a room. What to say....the sheets appeared clean and without traces of insect infestation....the tv worked..... First floor room with flimsy window locks, but there was a guard lurking in the shadows nearby, and I had shoved a chair under the door knob. I tried not to look too closely at the stained carpet, the tub was rust spotted, the tv stand/dresser was metal and so badly bent that the drawers did not open. There is a hairdryer...at the front desk in another building, which can be borrowed for an hour. I opted out of using the shower, preferring to fly home icky rather than use their facilities. Think I should have camped out at the airport!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BaiToo
abvilasvegas, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

Dear Traveler,
I apologize for the displeasure that you encountered while at the hotel. We will be sure to address and review this information to improve our quality and service.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

The room was small but adequate, dirty and loud, but the service was amazing! We had a 2 double bed room that had a small desk, built in tall closet and shelves under the TV. Plenty of room for a 3 day stay. Nice size bathroom with one sink outside the shower and toilet area. There was a shelf in the shower area and plenty of places to hang towels and such.

Cons: No tissues, in room coffee or continental breakfast. The window had a huge gap between the frame and the wall and the outside noise was quite high. The carpets desperately need a good cleaning. My white socks were nearly black by the end of the night. Take slippers!

Pros: Walking distance to the strip, 24 hour Coco's right in front of the hotel, ice, laundry and vending machines. Though we didn't use the pool, it was a nice looking one. The Jacuzzi looked dirty but the pool was clean and the area kept up well.

The service was amazing. I called for more towels and it felt like I didn't even hang the phone up and they were knocking on the door with more than I asked for. The TV didn't work and again the maintenance kid came quickly and just swapped it out with another. He was kind and made sure that the new one worked before leaving.

For the price we paid, I cannot complain. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Top floors are quieter. The airport is close and the rooms that face in that direction are louder.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Tammy T

Dear Traveler,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your positive comments for other travelers. Also happy to learn, that your Pros outweighed the Cons and that you found our service amazing. Our staff does its utmost each day to ensure that all of our guests feel at home and special while they are here. It is pleasing to hear that we can expect you again and we look forward to seeing you real soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2012

This is a budget hotel--certainly. If you use Agoda you can get rates as low as $30 a night or even a bit lower.

I stayed here while looking for an apartment. Expect dinged up furniture, stains here and there, a rather loud heating/cooling unit. But the bed was comfortable and clean and the shower worked fine. What else do you want for that price in the heart of the strip in Las Vegas?

One tip: If you need a long term stay with a pet you only have to pay a one-time fee of $25. Every other place I know of in Vegas will charge you a fee for each night.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank EriktheRed

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your positive review with other travelers. We appreciate that you found the motel to be of good value and that some of our other selling points such as location and comfy beds suited your needs. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2012

This is the first time that I stayed here. The price was excellent for a motel so close to the strip so I decided to give it a try. The room was small with no dresser or drawers for clothing and two hangers in the closet. The bathroom fixtures were on the older side. All that being said, the room was very clean and the staff very nice. If you are on a tight budget I would recommend this motel for a short stay. Just a warning to folks with with chemical allergies, they use an air freshener or a cleaner with a very pungent/sweet odor.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank travel35507

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Americas Best Value Inn and for recommending us to other travelers. We do have so much to offer and we are always happy to hear from our satisfied guests. We look forward to your return stay with us!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

The hotel is simple and the neighborhood isn't great,but the value is really good.I stayed on the ground floor and I had high speed free wi fi without problems.walk to the strip (south end) is 10 mins . I also liked the 24 hour liqor store right by the hotel.the beds are a little small but not uncomfortable.there is tv+ac in the rooms.no fridge or microwave.free coffee in the morning.I left all my valuables in the room and put the don't disturb sign out and I felt that is was safe enough to do so.it was pretty quiet at night but the walls are thin,luckily I had no neighbors after the first day.I would probably try the motel 6 (right next door)next time ,or the days inn,just to compare them to abv inn.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank oookitty
abvilasvegas, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers. We appreciate that you found the motel to be of good value and that some of our other selling points such as location and free wifi suited your needs. Happy to hear that you felt safe and found the 24 hour liquor store convenient, as it is newly opened; about two months. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope you will stay with us next time you are in Las Vegas.