15,736 results
All reviews pirate show senor frogs seafood shack fashion show mall strip view other hotels bottle of champagne tower suite trip to vegas early check room key long line the room was nice mandalay bay mystere mirage sirens
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We were very pleasantly surprised at the high quality of both the amenities and the level of service/friendliness. We view the hotel as a little marvel because it is not as massive as many of the others on the strip transcending more a feeling of intimacy. Everywhere we went on the premises we were welcomed with genuine smiles. As a result we visited most of the on-site eating and drinking places where the choice of both food and drink was excellent. Finally the rooms were very nicely appointed. Everything from rooms through corridors and restaurant were done in very good taste. We so enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2012

It was really easy to find the TI. We arrived near 3 PM and we had to wait almost an hour for the check in.
The room was quite comfy, really great bed and the bedding was amazing.The floor carpet was clean, so was the bathroom and toilet.
We were really disappointed by the fact that the Internet was really expensive : 15 $/day (but i guess all this hotels charge the same).

In a word : nothing horrible, but nothing magical either. A tiny bit pricey.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I stayed at TI for a total of 7 nights for a work convention NAB to be exact. The service, was excellent, the room clean, and the staff very friendly. I was on one of the highest floors facing the boats so I got the see the show every night, which did get old after awhile but luckily ended before midnight. The room itself was very comfortable and kept clean and tidy. The food at the hotel was very good, the buffet excellent. Although a bit expensive but thats everything in Vegas. I was a bit dissapointed that there was a charge for wifi in the room. Most hotels do not charge anymore. Other then this my stay was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I love staying at hotels, even crummy ones, but my 4 days at T.I. was so bad I thought I should warn everyone. The room was not clean (crud behind the dresser and scummy windowsill) and the sink was stopped up. There was only one electrical outlet unless you count the 4 inaccessible ones behind the bed. We didn't bother asking them to change the burnt out light bulbs. Maybe the next guest will. Only one out of the 4 rooms we booked had bedspreads on the beds. I couldn't look up the Spanish word for bedspread on any of my devices because I was never granted wireless access, even though it was included in the package.

I called the front desk to ask if we had to pay $17.50 just to check our email and they neglected to tell us we could have done it cheaper in the lobby for about 8 bucks. They told me I should go across the street to McDonald's and use their public hot spot.

The first eleven staff members I asked didn't know where the exercise room was, or if they even had one. The lukewarm hot tub by the pool smelled like a mixture of bleach, mineral oil and urine and there were always empty beer bottles and cocktail glasses strewn all over the deck, except after 8 o'clock when the pool and hot tub closes. Too bad if you want to relax in a hot tub after dark.

A six pack of beer is $42.00 and they will open them all for you, even if you want to drink them one at a time. A small sign informed us that we would have to pay an undisclosed additional charge if we wanted to sit on a small square cushion by the pool ("see staff for pricing') We discovered that there was another completely unused (clean smelling) hot tub on the 3rd floor but the first 5 staff I asked couldn't tell me if there was a charge to use it. The sixth one made a call and ascertained that there was in fact a charge but still couldn't tell me how much it costs. It didn't matter because that one closed at 7 o'clock pm.

The breakfast buffet was about 20 bucks a head so we strolled to the parking garage to drive somewhere to find an affordable egg and a cup of coffee, but were accosted by a whole battery of salespersons trying to slick talk us and scam us for everything from inedible oysters to collagen moisturizers at $245.00 a bottle. (but for YOU only $112.00) The lady asking for donations was very sweet, but she didn't stop asking until after the seventh time when we finally bought a paper flower lei from her for 20 bucks. After that she didn't want to talk to us. The one forcefully passing out coupons very sweetly said, "Just kidding" after I informed her that she had already given me 5 of them. It made me laugh even harder when I found another wasted piece of paper in the desk drawer in our room that bragged about how, as their commitment to the environment, they will not provide an itemized list of charges unless it is requested.

Children using the escalator were repeatedly forced to view scantily clad dancers on 16 screens loudly proclaiming "Hot hands? That ain't half of it cowboy!" on their way to the non-functioning free tram to the Mirage. If you want to take them to McDonald's across the street they can view full color pictures of naked women on hooker business cards all over the ground by the non-functioning escalator that goes to the pedestrian bridge. However, the prostitutes actually in the hotel will probably not proposition them.

Gruff security guards demanded to see our room keys at various locations and when I didn't have one on me I was questioned, " Well how do you expect to get into your room?" I saw one guard force a small boy to go buy another soda pop (don't ask how much it cost) because he had opened it to take a sip before he entered the pool area. He told us you can only bring in food items purchased at three particular overpriced shops, but this wasn't posted. He obviously hated his job, but at least he spoke English, albeit gruffly.

To this day I don't know if they even have a concierge or a hotel host because I never saw one. If you like to watch Chinese television shows with Chinese subtitles then you will be well provided for, but you will have to go through a layer of pay-per-view ads every time you hit the menu button on the remote. Just for fun I asked the cleaning guy who rides a vacuum cleaner up and down the hallways how much it costs for a ride on it and he told me it was seventeen thousand dollars. I guess he didn't know the English word for "ride"

The only good thing I can say about this hotel is that most of the guests, even the completely drunken ones, will be polite to you as they share similar horror stories on the elevator. I would not stay at Treasure Island again even if they paid me to. I doubt I will ever enjoy leaving a hotel as much as I did today.

Room Tip: Select a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Scott T
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The hotel represented value for money, regarding food, rooms and service, checking in can be a legnthy wait, depending on time of arrival, the $25.00 per person facility charge which is added when you check in is something to be aware of, especially when booking online as it is in the small print and can be easilly overlooked.
If you are looking for a quiet relaxing time around the hotel pool, forget it, it just doesn't exist.
You are treated to ZZ Top, heavy metal and rap music continuosly at a high decibel count, if this is your preferred choice in music this is for you, if not then look somewhere else to chill out.

Room Tip: A strip view room is worth paying the supplement, especially when the lights come on at night, as it transforms the look of the strip.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple