“Wow.” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Wow.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

Beautiful hotel. Modern but human. Wonderful bed. Fabulous views.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jknoll
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,237)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

Upon arriving to The Aria on June 7, 2012 I was greeted by a roller coaster style check-in line. You know the line that is a mile long that then turns into the mini lines in the roped in area as you get closer, I was maybe 200th in line. No joke I took pictures, this was after a nice 12 hour flight.

The line was so bad and so long there were 5 Aria staff members monitoring for fights and also breaking up the line in several areas so that people could get through to other areas of the casino and to prevent butt ins that caused a couple altercations...this is The Aria right and not Hershey Park?

Everyone was sweating and cursing, there was luggage and people sleeping it was not my vision of a 5 star hotel experience.

When i finally arrived at the check in the staff was just as upset, frazzled and nasty as we all were and they offered no advice, consolation or even an apology. They just grabbed my info put me in a room handed me the keys and waved on for the next victim in line.

As I was walking to my room down the hall i saw a Aria staff member talking with a crying woman at the door about missing luggage from the room, needles to say this was the worst experience ever.

The next day I booked a spa treatment and was I very disappointed in the Aria Spa. It was very YMCA like, cold drab and just lack luster. Every 'relaxation' room you could hear the BOOMING bass from the pool bar outside.

The plus side was the room was very nice and the beds were super comfy and overall quiet. I liked the technology features and despite the reviews all the gadgets worked and I enjoyed using them.

I will not be returning to this hotel however as I dont feel its a 5 star and the experience I dont want to recall. It started my trip off to a very bad start and next time I will return to Wynn.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Nick C
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

I visited the Aria during an extremely busy weekend - EDC and Manny Pacquiao. The computer system was down so we waited in line to check in about 2 hours. I tried to get comps for it but was not persistent enough, so I didn't get any. Other than those 2 miserable hours trying to check in - the hotel was great, staff was great. The beds are AMAZING!!! The vanilla scented lobby is such a nice welcome. Also, I like that it's more of a zen atmosphere than the craziness of Cosmopolitan or other hotels. Our room had a nice view of the strip. The Buffet was incredible!! Jean Philippe is at Bellagio too but soo good. And the other cafe (forgot the name) served me a good breakfast at 5am after all night partying. Pool was great because it didn't have any EDC event going on so it was more relaxing. Over all great experience!

Room Tip: Booking early saves $$$$
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brookline
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

We recently stayed at the Aria and it's easily my new favorite. Location is fantastic (between Vdara and Cosmopolitan) Rooms are beautifully designed and very high tech - press a button to close the shades,add some romantic lighting and kick up the music. Beds are super comfy for a great night sleep when you're ready to take a break from Vegas fun. We got to spend a dayvat one f the pool cabanas (definitely the way to go if you're with a bunch of friends). The crowd at the hotel is fun, upscale but not uptight, and the buzz is energetic. Excellent, well equipped gym and beautiful spa complete the picture. We had an AWESOME time!

Room Tip: Like most Vegas hotels it's a long walk from the rooms. If this is a problem for you get room cl...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Stevensville, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

WOW. first AND last time i'll ever stay at Aria.

Spent an hour in line and had to leave because I was about to miss my $300+ Phantom of the Opera experience, so I returned around 10 p.m. only to be greeted with a 3+ hour wait on top of the original 1 hour!

Ok, so I don't know whose genius idea it was to update and take offline the reservations system the day before EDC AND during a Manny Pacquiao weekend, but all systems were down when I attempted to check-in Thursday.

One thing I've noticed lately about my visits to fancy schmancy places is that management or the highers that be are seldom as great as the employees that support them. The bellhop that greeted us and helped us with our bags and the front desk agents that I encountered were WONDERFUL and the saving graces of a hotel that is quickly spiraling down like pennies into a barrel for the make-a-wish foundation.

how can i sum up aria in one word? butterface.

I liken Aria to the butterface of the strip. For a definition, see http://www.urbandictio...

You see, Aria is HOT. It's shiny, it's pretty, it's relatively new. for the city center uninitiated, and from the glossiness of its glossy photos from its glossy website, i thought that aria would be a classy joint in a classy plaza, but alas, everything is good but. her. face.

if you will, let's imagine that the exterior (architecture, art, tables, fancy rooms with remote-controlled everythang) is the body. Judging Aria by its cover, DAMN the girl is banging! But when you factor in a 3 hour wait to check in (i knew all those suits huddled in the middle while sorting through stacks of paper wasn't a good thing), and the lack of communication between staff members...she ugly, yo.

For being inconvenienced, aria was giving away room comps. they told us to call the next morning for our comps, and so i did. guy said i would get X amount, and that was that. when i went to use it the next day, however, the person on the other end of the line said that it wasn't good anymore since i had already checked out.

well, damn, if i KNEW i couldn't use the comp after i checked out, I WOULD'VE USED IT BEFORE I CHECKED OUT. i told her that i was never informed that i had to use it prior to checking out, and like an elementary school shouting match, she kept snapping "well, you had to use your comps before you checked out." hey, beezy, i ain't deaf. i heard you the FIRST TIME, and so i repeated with, "yes, you just SAID that, and I just said that i wouldn't have checked out if i'd known. the gentleman on the phone FAILED. TO. MENTION. THAT. TO. ME." her, "well, there's nothing that i can do." me, "this IS a casino. can't you write up a comp?" her, "we. don't. do. that. here."

oh, damn, fancy pants Aria is too fancy to write up comps??

luckily, the cashier took pity on me and suggested that i go see a manager, so i went downstairs and straight to the front desk. explained to james, the young asian gentleman (in case Aria management would like to promote an excellent employee) at the desk my predicament, and he went off to talk to his manager to see what he could do.

he comes back about ten minutes later with a comp double the size of my original one. when i saw the paper in his hands, my eyes widened and i squeaked, "SHE LIED TO ME?!" james, "excuse me?" to which i had to explain to him what had happened only moments before (the extremely unpleasant exchange). James then apologizes for the mishap. it wasn't even his fault and he apologized. i have yet to hear an apology from the snarky trick on the phone.

bottom line: there will always be a bigger, better, and brighter mega-casino popping up on the strip, but what keeps them in business is their staff. with inconsistent service, from the kind and friendly to the vitriolic, Aria won't be around for long unless it starts to quality check its services & employees from the bottom up.

i, for one, am done with Aria, and the experience has actually turned me off from the strip. Thankfully, i spent 3 days at the lovely Golden Nugget downtown, and will be frequenting that casino and its downtown sistas & bruthas whenever I come to vegas from now on. does that mean i'm getting old, or does that mean i've finally wised up to the sheer pretentiousness that often occurs on-strip? who knows...one thing i can assure you of is that i will stay away from aria's nasty face. no matter how cool that one button control is.

p.s. i must admit that aria's pillows are to die for.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends