“Convenient off the strip location”

The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #52 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
TN
“Convenient off the strip location”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

The Orleans is not bad for the deal we got (which was extremely good compared to on the strip rates). The room & bath + atmosphere is quite dated but I should mention the room was clean and spacious. Many have mentioned about the smell of cigarte smoke, we asked for a room hiiiiigh up facing the strip and had no problems with the smell, If you're still reading this you are obviously not running to the Bellagio or the Ceasers Palace!!!

The furniture & carpets are fading ... away :P but our linen and beds were clean and comfortable and for this I could have given Orleans a FOUR rating ... but the lack of a fridge shot that down.

The Orleans is family friendly (as are others I'm sure). The little we ate at the Orleans, the food was great. They have a small food court (subway, sbarro, baskin robbins, fuddruckers) I'd recomend the Chinese fare at Koji and the chili-sheese-fry's at Fuddruckers. The pool is ok but was always crowded, I guess everyone landed in Vegas to head to the pool!!!

If I got the same deal I would probably stay here again unless I hit the Jackpot, then you'd find me heading to the Bellagio or Ceasers Palace. These are the places I'd stay if I had the moolah! :P

Room Tip: The rooms facing the strip is my preference - sun sets on the other side of the building too :) but...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Visiting family 20 minutes from the Vegas strip, I needed to catch a 6 AM flight, and decided to stay here to allow them to sleep. I booked this hotel due to its proximity to the airport, reviews, and great price. The check-in process was smooth, there was free Internet at the coffee shop by the lobby (smoke-free), the room and bed was big and clean and even had a nice view (#606). The air-conditioning was on full blast, which I needed to turn down. They had a little shop where I could pick up water and snacks. I slept well and used the shuttle company recommended on their website to get to the airport. I would definitely recommend and stay here again as the price/value is unbeatable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MsLydia
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The Orleans was an even more outstanding stay. My room was upgraded at no additional charge and my daughter and best friend spent a glorious weekend in a suite. The staff again was so friendly, accommodating and informative. The gambling was fun and I won money. I enjoyed the food and services. You are within 5 minutes walking distance from the Strip. The view of the strip is beautiful at night. Easy access to the freeways and restaurants. Check out the gift shop as well.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sittinghen
Cave Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We have stayed at The Orleans four times now. It was a pleasant surprise to discover that it has a couple of really good restaurants, which I will review separately, a multi-screen movie theatre with first run movies, a bowling alley, and a 24 hour food court. The rooms are roomy, and arranged well. The decorating follows the New Orleans theme of the Casino. I find the beds to be very comfortable. My hunk of burning man love says they are a bit soft for him. Overall the staff is friendly and helpful. We use the valet parking in summer. It was around 106 when we arrived a little over a week ago. Due to the heat we decided to stay in The Orleans the entire 3 days and that's what we did. We joined their slot club and get monthly offers of free room stays, or get a room for 3 nights and enter a slot tournament for $99. It's only $49 to add another person to the tournament. Both of us won free slot play money in the tournament and had a blast participating. We are slot players and find the variety to be good there. The odds were as good as Fremont Street. We came home with almost as much as we brought to gamble with. I found out recently that The Orleans has been my parents favorite place for a long time, so it's good for all ages. As I mentioned earlier, the movies are first run. I also want to mention that though their concession stand set up is awkward, they tie for the best movie popcorn I have ever had.

Room Tip: If you are facing the pool, make sure you get a room on the highest floor possible, as it is loud do...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sherri L
Oakland, CA
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I needed a lower budget hotel for my trip to the WSOP this year. I found out that the Orleans has a free shuttle to the Strip and to the Gold Coast, a property across from the Rio. So I took the shuttle in the mornings and walked across the parking lot to the Rio. The shuttle ran fairly frequently, and I never had to wait for more than 20 minutes, so it worked out quite well.

My room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, the TV was a new flat screen, and in this respect I could not have been more pleased. I found the people who clean the rooms to also be very friendly. The pool is also nice to dip in with a wrap around hot tub, although there were a lot of kids, and it would have been nice if it had stayed open past nine.

The only drawback from my point of view is the smoking in the casino. It was not that bad, though. Also, they don't allow hoodies in the poker room. This is too bad because they actually have a nice little tournament schedule.

All in all, I would return under the right circumstances. The room was really nice for the price.

*Healthier food would have been preferrable, but there is a subway. Bonus points for a bowling alley and movie theater.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if all of the rooms are updated, but you can always ask for one that is.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo