“Orleans Review” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Orleans Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We just love the Orleans. Even though it is a bit off the Strip it is a good place to stay. The food is great. The shows are terrific. The hockey games at the Arena (with all the great seats and the pricing) are something you just have to experience. The shuttle to the Strip is easy to use. The vast selection of video poker machines in my opinion is the best in Vegas. And best of all, the rooms are as good as any you will find in Vegas.

Henry and Betsy

2 Thank henry60270
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,302)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Westland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Fast and easy check in. Check out on TV was great. Friendly staff. Maid service was incredible. Great restaurants. Nine in all Al's Oyster bar being our favorite. Food there was amazing including the oysters. Gaming floor is BIG. Rooms are spacious and clean. Pool area is very nice, clean and life guard on duty. Location to the strip is great. They do provide shuttle service to the strip. Can't say enough good things. All in all we will return.

Room Tip: We had a regular room (2 queen beds, couch, chair, coffee table, desk, tv in an amour with drawers u...
1 Thank SunLover5640
Hewitt
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

We had called several months in advance to buy tickets to a show. The woman who booked the reservations told us about the best seafood buffet in all of Vegas was right in the hotel. Since I am a big seafood lover, we knew we would go there before the show. What this woman failed to tell us was that it's only on Friday nights (which we found out the day of the show) and she was confirming our tickets for Saturday night! We had called the day of the show to see if reservations were required. The woman we spoke to this time told my husband there was no seafood restaurants in the hotel?!? When my husband mentioned the buffet, that seemed to ring a bell with her and then she told us that it was only on Friday nights. We then went to the website and found Big Al's Oyster Bar. I don't know if the woman knows that that would be consider a seafood restaurant!? When we finished with dinner we asked where the theater was. We were sent to the back of the hotel, the Arena where a hockey game was starting! We could not believe that each time we spoke to an employee, they had no clue as to what the hotel has to offer and they give you wrong information. How anything gets done correctly, is beyond me. When we finally found the theate on our own, the folks there were friendly.

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PinkCat14
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Corporate Digital Marketing Manager at The Orleans Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Our apologies for the confusion and misinformation given by some of our team members; usually we do a much better job of communication. Please accept our humble apologies. We will make sure that the show reservations staff and the Oyster Bar staff are better informed. We always appreciate guest feedback so that improvements can be made, thank you for your input. We hope that you enjoyed the show and that you will give us another try upon your next visit.
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for five nights the last week in March 2012. We got a great rate in conjunction with a slot tournament offer. The rooms were clean albeit a bit dated, which we also found the last times we stayed at Harrahs and Flamingo. We had a problem with our television which was resolved within 5 minutes of calling the desk. At that time the technician informed us that the hotel was going through a renovation and new flat screens were being installed. We always rent a car in Vegas so the off-strip location is not a problem, but the hotel provides free shuttle service to the strip. We ate at the buffet 3 times (two breakfasts and one dinner) and found it to be superior to others we have tried and the prices were less than others. They also have a TGIFridays, a 24-hour Cafe, and a food court featuring Sbarro, Fuddruckers, Subway, Baskin Robbins. There is also a movie theatre and bowling alley on site. We did take in a movie one afternoon, but did not use the bowling alley. We have stayed at several strip hotels and have found that most of them need updating also but continue to charge the big bucks. We were very comfortable at the Orleans and would not hesitate to stay there again. Incidentally, we did not find the area to be seedy. Adult entertainment places are everywhere in Vegas!

1 Thank Judithann
arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel earlier in the week for my birthday. My H had stayed here a few years back for training and suggested I look into this hotel. I looked online and booked when I thought was cheapest but continued to check on line and called when any of the four nights I booked went lower in price. Each time I called the hotel was very accomodating and gave me the cheaper price. We arrived on saturday and pulled up to the side where check in is. Arrived a little late and called ahead to be sure they kept room, they said they keep rooms until 6am the next morning. Casino is quite large and receprion very nice with marble inlays. Check in quick. They give you a map with the key but easy enough after a walk through to know where everything is. The elevators are somewhat far from doors, and all entrances as far as I could tell, so if you have elderly with you this might be a long walk for them but many had walkers, and seem to do fine. The hotel signs you up for their slot memebership at check in but you have to go to B connected booth to get pin number. After I got my pin, I slid my card and it being my birhtday, a choice of five ballons came up for freebies I picked the blue balloon and got 1000 free points. Room was large. We had our 15 year old daughter and her friend. Two queen beds and large armoire. even with all the drawer space we all chose to live out of our suitcases. I had the chair in sitting area, H had couch, D had desk chair and DF had floor by bed...all had enough space. The casino had a lot of machines that I liked enough "old school" and many newbies. The Paradise fishing penny slots by the food court ended up being our favorite, very fun. We ate at the costa catina first night and while a little pricey was good mexican food. The girls had virgin margaritas so they liked it. They have a HH 3-5 except on mon. and tues. when it is closed, the hotel should have this place open evryday in my opinion, but with every meal they give you chips and beans and salsa, all were very good. Another thing this hotel has is a hotdog stand (only 2.00) in the middle of the casino, which I thought was a brillant idea for a midday snack. We had the daily 15 dollar food voucher and with the dollar off the buffet with our b connected card our breakfast buffet for four came to only 21.00, great deal and food was pretty good as far as buffets go. The pool area was nice too, the hot tub was huge and hot which helped monday when it was 65 degrees.
We liked this hotel, having stayed on the strip all our other times coming to vegas the past 20 years, but we always have a rental car, so being off strip isnt a problem. We will probably stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family