“Best spot on the strip!”
Review of Jockey Club

Jockey Club
Ranked #39 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Salem, Oregon
“Best spot on the strip!”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The Jockey Club is a great respite from the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas strip. Clean, quiet and no casino on site makes for an oasis in the midst of wild. Connected to the Cosmopolitan by an elevator and parking lot and within walking distance of the entire strip you can't go wrong. The rooms are large and fully equipped.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank KrisV1
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Czech first
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I purchased a resort stay and cancelled the next day.When I recived my confirmation, it did not state the items the agent gave me over the phone. Also she lied about her name and the telephone number she gave is for another company. After I paid for the stay, the agent hurried and ended the call and referred me to the confirmation dept. to finalize my purchase. The next day, I called the reservations dept. their jobs is to clear up the misquoted items, and inform you what you really purchased. Th female went on asthough I shouldn't expect to get the items quoted, and it is unreasonable to think I can have a 1 bedroom suite unless it's available. This didn't make since to me either. If the manager allows this, it shows me he/she does not value me at all.

Room Tip: Did not stay in hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Deedee210
Nekoosa, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This place is great!!!! I loved everything about it (4 stars due to it being a bit dated).

Our Trip:
Six friends spending 8 days/7nights in Vegas for three reasons - 1st - I was going to CES, 2nd - My Fiance' was previous Miss Wisconsin contestant and wanted to go watch her friend (Miss Wisconsin - now Miss America) compete, 3rd (most importantly) - I wanted to party my a$$ off.

I booked through VRBO months in advance (before CES showed up on the radar) so I was able to get a 2bed/2bath unit with the Bellagio Fountain view, 7 nights for $1100 including taxes. Amazing deal.

Our group:
Two sets of couples -my fiance' and I and my old college roomie and his girlfriend... the other two were single guys. We split up the sleeping situation with my roomie and his girlfriend in bedroom2 with a single queen bed. Myself, my fiance had a queen bed in bedroom1 which had anothor queen bed where one of the single guys slept. The other guy used a roll-away or the pullout couch in the living room.... we never felt cramped. The huge walk in closet was great for keep everyone's stuff off the floor and out of the way, very nice feature.

The Actual Stay:
Amazing.
Wednesday of CES check in was a breeze (only one person ahead of us in line), other hotels seemed to have 60 min+ waits. The room was ready about 2 hours ahead of time so we went up and loaded our things... then took a limo off the strip to get some food/booze/supplies... the nice thing is the Cosmo valet/limo pickup is about a 60 second walk from the JC entry. Very nice. 7 days worth of food and booze felt easily in the kitchen (which was fully stocked) and had nice newer appliances. The best part of the kitchen was the ability to keep all of our drinks cold between the fridge/freezer; the second best part was coming home from a night out we would always have the drunk munchies so being able to cook a cheap frozen pizza on a whim saved soooo much money compared to a 3am slice somehwere on the strip... and being able to take leftovers back was a nice perk.

Since our trip would mostly consist of going out/partying the room was perfect. We had plenty of room for the girls to get ready and the guys could still shower/etc... not having to share a bathroom was great. Also before going out we were all able to sit around a table and drink/pre-game/etc before we left the room... honestly we spent more time than I would have liked in the room because it was so big/nice.

The location of the JC cannot be beat - at all. Its amazing how in hotels with a casino it takes 15/20 mins to actually get onto the strip, with the Jockey Club we could go from our 7th floor room to walking down the strip in about 60 seconds. No other hotel can offer that. Also if you wanted to gamble you could take the direct elevator to the Cosmo casino floor in about 60 seconds as well... I doubt Cosmo guests could get there that quickly... and to be to the Bellagio casino floor it was about a 3 minute walk (most of that was on their moving sidewalks). Honestly you cannot beat the location and proximity to the strip itself.

The ammenities of the hotel are pretty darn good too. They have a ton of dvds for rent (we didn't use this at all though), TVs in the living room and both bedrooms. A stereo that we were able to hook up Ipods/laptops for music (we brought our own cords though - not provided). The pool, fitness center, and hot tub were open 24/7. The pool area is really cool at night, and the pool was heated although outdoors, we were able to swim (usually drunk) in January, and the hot tub was indoors. There was a small store in the building but the prices were high enough to make walking to an ABC/Walgreens a much better option.

The staff was all very friendly, from cleaning, to valet, front desk.... everyone. In our week there we did not get bugged about a timeshare even once. Once or twice we did get a knock on the door about our noise level, but they were very nice and polite - we would quiet down or go out and never had to have them come back.

I have two more Vegas trips in the works for this next year, both I will be staying at the Jockey club... my new favorite strip property to stay at.

Room Tip: VRBO prices had some wiggle room - just and FYI for people looking to book there.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sidekicknicholas
Puerta Vallarta
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This was one of the disgusting and filthy places I have ever stayed. The carpet and flooring had several stains and was very dirty. The furniture was so gross nobody even wanted to sit on it. I have never wanted to get out of a room so bad in my life. The common areas had popcorn and other debris all over the floor and wasn't cleaned up for two days during our stay. I was concerned about even opening my luggage. When I tried telling someone about my concerns. I was routed to two different people. I was finally told to call Zimy, the person I made the reservation through, which I did on Monday morning as soon as I returned and as of today, still have not heard back from her. This is terrible customer service! You as a rental agency would be horrified if you saw the condition of this property! I can't imagine being remotely proud to even advertise this unit (#1050). I think you get my point. I would clearly like some sort of response back and would like to talk about either some sort of refund based on this experience. Thank you for the opportunity to share this.

Room Tip: Ask what unit you are staying in and if they could send you actual pictures of this unit. Unit #105...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank Chrissy2213
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed for a week in exchange from Interval International. In Vegas you are used to walk a lot to get to the Strip, last time we stayed at the Caesars and it took us 15 min to get out of the hotel from our room, this time took us 3 min. The hotel is located at the heart of the Strip, it´s in a small street between the Cosmo and the Bellagio.

The rooms are nice and the kitchen has every thing you need, we asked in advance for a room facing the fountains but they told us that could not be done until we checked in. Fortunately we did get one.

Overall we loved the place and would stay here agian.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Bellagio
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family