“Nickel and Diming at its extreme” 2 of 5 bubbles

Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #114 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sharon, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nickel and Diming at its extreme”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

I have never in my life been to a hotel that will charge you for every little extra you can imagine. $15 a day for internet/wi-fi access and $10 a day for access to the gym. If you are on vacation for 4 days, do the math, it adds up quick. And you pretty much need wi-fi access because neither me nor my wife could get a cell phone reception in our room even though we had windows facing outside. Wait a year and pretty soon they will charge you for towels, the pool, and cleaning your room.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank HaWa_12
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,671)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

Upon arriving, I washed my hands only to see the sink NOT drain. Call placed to room services telling them of the problem. Assured someone would be up to take care of it. An hour later, called again. Was told we did not need to be in the room when the person was there to fix the problem. We left and returned about 5 hours later...12:30 ish AM. Problem still not fixed.
Called and spoke with the manager who assured problem would be fixed asap. It was and a food credit given for our inconvenience. OK... drain now worked althought still sluggish. The toilet seat was broken (slipped around when sitting on same). The room was very noisy due to lack of carpeting I assume. We could hear people above us and next to us. Also the drapes were not light blocking as is usual in Vegas! Since we faced East, that would have been essential for a good nights sleep. Renovations were minimal at best.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tgmurphy_12

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

This used to be my fav old-school Las Vegas hotel... great location, beautiful oasis pools and good service. Now, I doubt I'd ever return. The FAB room I requested was a major disappointment: dirty, no pillow-top bedding, no fridge, cracked sink, broken toilet. Add to that the 7 am construction noise from the O'Shea's demolition/construction and you know why I changed rooms. In addition, the catering to 21+ year olds in the pools was a disappointment, as were the disgusting elevators, dirty hallways and exit staircases that have never been cleaned. Ever.

The only upside, was the instant camaraderie from the misery of meeting other guests who were also disappointed. Flamingo staff did work to solve problems - if you could spare an hour to talk to them in the check in/out line. I was offered a new room and a $30 food and beverage credit. The only people not complaining were comped players, who were just happy to be in Vegas.

Room Tip: Lower number rooms are closer to elevator. Avoid North facing rooms who deal with 7 am construction...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gauchowest
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

I have been in Las Vegas for at least 10 times and I am a member for almost all players clubs. Total Rewards is the only who is not "supposed to charge resort fee". I reserved 2 nights for GO luxury room with view and was told by rep. over the phone that I will be charged $165/night , and that's would be it ! no extra fees, no additional fees. When we got into hotel, we had to stay on the line 2 hours to get to the Front Desk, therefore, after we finally got there, the only desire we had was get the key asap before we collapse from long and tired trip and waiting. I signed some forms (my bad that I didn't check what ) and we went to our room, which was nice but without a sofa (which was describe in reservation). After we came back from LAs Vegas I got an e-mail that instead of $165 I am charged $ 190/per night, which included $165 for room, $19 for tax +$12 processing fee . Again, it is worth to mention that the rep. told me over the phone that taxes are included in $165, and there is no other fees. SO , to make the story short: I would never ever go to any Total Rewards casino and hotel, because instead of doing open and trustable business by telling client what they charge and what for, they just take advantage of this difficult economic times and overcharge people and just simply LIE to them. Very, very disappointed.

Room Tip: Think what do you pay for, before you make a decision.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sira K
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Just arrived. Took 30 min. to check in, $25 because it was before 4 p.m. Ice machine and in room safe doesn't work. Now at pool and not a single chair to sit in. I usually stay in much nicer hotels here but wanted 2 rooms and it was the same price as one so gave it a try on the advise that it was newly redone. Major regrets and I've only been here an hour!

• Stayed June 2012