We upgraded to a "Fab" room just because we could get in right away. (We arrived at 12:30 and our reserved room wouldn't be ready until 3:00) The room was great, spacious and it didn't have the dreaded carpet we were afraid to walk on. The floors were a vinyl wood. The beds were awesome, very comfortable. The staff were great. very friendly and helpful. The food at the Tropical Breeze Cafe was good. The waitress we had the first day was very nice (can't remember her name). Despite all the walking the layout of the hotel was good. Very easy to get to the strip as the building is right on the strip. The Habitat area was very nice, quiet and relaxing.
NO COFFEE MAKER! Rumor has it some of the roomsw have coffe makers and fridges. The fridge you can request, but it will cost you.
Everything is very expensive, water, $2.99 a bottle, coffee and tea $2.95 a cup. We had lunch at the Cafe and ordered a Wrap to split as the waitress told us it was a large sandwich. The waitress pointed out there is a $5.00 sharing charge. She then told us to order the fruit bowl and we would have "two" meals. It's a good thing we did instead of ordering two wraps as we couldn't finish the one we split. Smaller portions and cheaper prices would be better. As we were leaving the restaurant I noticed alot of food left on the tables that will be going in the garbage, what a shame. We tried to use the pop machine at the end of our hall and it didn't work. I phoned down to the desk to let them know and was told Pepsi was in charge of the machines not the hotel. We also tried to use one of the many internet kiosks to get our seats and print the bording passes. The machines charge by the minute and 50 cents a page. we put $10.00 on my credit card then wasted $5.00 of it waiting for the thing to print. It never did. Went to the front desk and was told the machines aren't theirs and they cannot even put a sign on it to say it was out of order. The hotel needs to take ownership of everything under its roof as it reflects badly. Don't know if we will stay again, will probably try another hotel.
Side note. The hotel does not have a "resort fee" but does charge for everything that is included in the "resort fee" other hotels charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo