This was my seventh trip to LV, but first stay at the Flamingo. I love the central location on the strip, but was not impressed with the hotel. I'm usually not picky about hotel rooms in LV since I am rarely in the room, but this room was pretty dingy. There were stains on the carpet and the furniture was very outdated. The bathroom looked like it hadn't been updated in 20 years and was cramped and musty. We stayed in a smoking room (even though we reserved a non-smoking room) and our room had a terrible stench to it. Even now that I am home, I am still smelling the stale smoke on my coat, purse, and suitcase.
On the plus side, the casino is super easy to navigate and the location of the hotel is awesome. All of the bars, casinos, and restaurants that I enjoy are just a short walk away which is a priority to me in LV. I stayed at New York, New York in December and while it was a far better hotel than Flamingo, I would chose Flamingo over it simply because of the excellent location. In July I stayed at Bally's which is next door to the Flamingo, and will most likely stay there for my next trip because the hotel is a bit nicer. I paid $250 for air and room at Flamingo and $280 at Bally's. I'll spend the extra $30 for Bally's. But don't get me wrong, for $250 for a long weekend, I am definitely pleased.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Nozio Netplan srl, Booking.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo