“The Jersey Shore of Vegas”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas
Ranked #76 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I'd recommend Hard Rock Hotel to Jersey Shore types in their early 20s who love getting blitzed out of their minds. But if that's not you, you should stay elsewhere. It's not a place I'd recommend you bring a family or go to relax or go to do anything other than drink by the pool.

I will say that the rooms are really nice and since it's off strip, the price is affordable. This is both good and bad though. It looks close on the map, but walking to the strip actually takes over 20 minutes. A taxi to the strip is around $10 plus tip. I don't plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: I got a panorama corner suite in the HRH tower which had a nice view of the strip
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Great service all around. I forgot to bring my Living Social voucher with me at check-in and the girl at the front desk took the time to log into my account to print it out. Since we were a mid-week stay, we got upgraded to a balcony/pool view. With the Strip skyline in the background, and the pool/music in the foreground, it was a great atmosphere!!

The pools were awesome. Great music and atmosphere. Wish there was more action at the poker tables, but I was there mid-week...I signed up for a 12pm tournament which was cancelled due to low attendance. Try the pink tacos at Pink Taco. Yum.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pools (with doors that open) in the Casino Tower are awesome - great view of the s...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Went to Vegas to celebrate my 30th birthday and booked a suite through BookIt in the HRH Tower. Upon arriving I was given a lower grade room within the Paradise Tower. The room was still nice but we paid more to stay at the HRH. That night I went to the reception desk and inquired on the reasoning and requested the room that I had paid for in advance. I was told that they were sold out and weren't able to give me the room or which I paid for. What?! How can you book a room and have it be sold out? I was given a credit and told to inquire again in the morning. The samething occurred the next day even though I saw many a people checking into the HRH Tower. So how come they could get a room there and I couldn't when I had already paid for one?

Service sucks. The ventilation system sucks. The smell of the smoke was by far the worst at the Hard Rock than at all the other hotels we visited while there. The casino is small, food wasn't that great and the club wasn't worth standing in line for.

Also, the music plays all day in the pool area but it's mostly dance/trance music. No Rock there!

This place is geared more for a early twenties -- spring breaker types!

I will not recommend staying there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank r m
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I really enjoy the casual atmosphere, great music everywhere, and fun people. Restaurant 35 is very good with excellent food, nice decor, and attentive service. Suite in the Paradise Tower was clean and comfortable but the queen bed was more like a twin and you had to stay in the middle or fall out.

Room Tip: Pool View is nice but noisy until around 8:00 PM. Choose another if you want to sleep during the day...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank IOBrian
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I enjoyed another 2 nights at the Vegas HR. It is convenient off the strip, especially if you have a car. I like the fact that you dont have foot traffic in front of the hotel all night and day. I am especially happy with the fact there is a CVS and strip mall across the street, as well as a liqour store and the Bavarian HOFFBRAUHAUS.

We Arrived on Monday and checked in easily. They are doing remodeling so the check in area was on the opposite side as normal. A little confusing. Service was great from first contact with Valet to the check in and delivery of our 11 bags to the room. We didnt eat at HR this time.

It was the first time I got to use the NIRVANA POOL and I loved it. Never been so relaxed. It was busy but there was room in the pool. The pool features a sandy beach, it gets hot so wear your flip flops down. You can swim or walk or lay out on the raised tiled pool area. Truly a great experience.

I say they have THE BEST BEDS IN VEGAS. I love them. so comfy! The lighting the bathroom of our room was weird. I could see stiff I didnt really wanna see on my face.....

The view, again was not too bad. Unless you pay extra for pool view dont expect anything spectacular. I have stayed a few times, and even with asking at check in for a better view we were assigned the 1oth floor. We did get a room next to the ice machine, major bonus for me.

Only thing I am gonna say I was not too impressed with is the service at the center bar, it was really lacking.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for pool view if you dont want to be looking at the back of a building or a strip mall...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends