“Definately a budget hotel”

Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View
Ranked #169 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Rhode Island
“Definately a budget hotel”
Reviewed 16 December 2008

The Extended Stay Valley View is a budget hotel; nothing more, nothing less. The suite (bedroom, bath, kitchenette, living area) was very clean and sparse but the furnishings truly ugly - not just standard forgettable hotel decor, but rather black and tan striped indoor-outdoor carpeting, a couch of similar colors, red kitchen table, reddish bedspread, black headboard, pale yellow walls...altogether not that inviting! The mattress was on the hard side, and the pillows lumpy.
However, as aforementioned, the rooms and appliances were clean. The water pressure in the shower was good and the temperature hot. The hotel staff seemed very friendly and helpful. The rooms are only cleaned weekly, but fresh towels and toiletries are provided at the front desk at any time if needed. I had a ground floor room that seemed quiet, although I could hear backgound noises (water running in the next room, someone rolling a suitcase on the sidewalk, etc.). The hotel is a convenient walk (5 - 10 minutes) to the Rio, where free shuttles run to Bally's or Harrah's frequently.

• Liked — Convenience to Strip, water pressure
  • Disliked — Decor, hard mattress
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank LittleBean2007
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Fresno, CA
Reviewed 19 June 2008

Got the room from a Priceline bid. I was disappointed when I found out that it was Extended Stay because I stayed at one before and it was a dump. This one on Valley View was much better but the room was way too hot. The room was clean and it was nice having separate bedroom and living room, but only the living room had an air conditioner. The bedroom did not. I had the air conditioner on full cold power all day, but the bedroom stayed hot. I was literally sweating as I slept. I'd estimate the bedroom temperature was 85 degrees. And the windows were bolted shut so you cannot open them. This hotel might be fine during the winter, but I recommend you avoid it during hot weather.

• Liked — amenities
  • Disliked — ineffective air conditioning ruined the stay
  • Stayed June 2008

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 11 February 2008

The air conditioner is loud and one of the fan cannot work. Some lights were broken. The carpet is dirty. The window was broken and cannot be opened. We spent over$100 per night. It wasn't worth it.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank kathliao
Nashville
Reviewed 13 November 2007

My traveling partner (female) and I (43 year old male) stayed Sat - Sat October 27th thru November 3rd, 2007. We booked late, a huge convention (120,000 folks) was going on at the LVCC, and the major hotels were either booked or very, very expensive. The Extended Stay America on South Valley View was a decent alternative for us. We paid about $ 639 for the week, with tax included.

The suite (#1502) was on the back building, back side, facing the Cay Club/Interstate 15/strip. No view whatsoever from any room, so don't bother to ask. This was my 8th vacation of Las Vegas, and my first in anything but a regular hotel room. The suite was approximately 25 x 25, divided into two big rooms. The living room/dining room/kitchen was the first room. Sofa, TV, table with 2 chairs, coffee table, end table and 3-drawer chest. The kitchen has a stove top, microwave, sink, large refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, and the bearest of kitchenware and utinsels. The bedroom/bath had two full beds, a nightstand, 6-drawer chest, TV, one sink, large closet, small tub and toilet area.
The suite had one A/C unit in the front room, and a thru-the-wall fan to send air to the bedroom. The furnishings were nice and clean, but not luxurious. The TV's had poor cable connections and poor pictures.

The check-in and check-out was super smooth, with friendly personnel. I asked for extra items (coffee, toilet paper, etc.) during the stay, and got all I needed. I even received mail promptly.

The pool and hot tub was very small, but clean. The lounge chairs were unimaginably hard and uncomfortable. We sat by the pool only 2 hours, then left. We didn't use the exercise room or onsite laundry.

The noise factor was very good. The place seemed deserted during the day. What neighbors? Nice and quiet.

You could walk to the Rio, Gold Coast (both one block), or Palms (two blocks) during the day, but the neighborhood was a little scary at night. If you walk at night, don't do it alone.

We had a car and drove everywhere. Flamingo Road, I-15, and the strip were very close.

I would stay at this hotel again if I had to, but would rather stay at a nicer place. If you are crashing in Vegas for a few days and need a convenient and inexpensive place to lay your head, you need to consider this hotel. If you like and/or need to cook, this is a good choice too.

Email me if you have any questions. rmw5597@hotmail.com

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Pool
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BNA2LAS
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 27 September 2007

I would like to tell anyone reading this-- do NOT stay at the Extended Stay on Valley View! There is another Extended Stay America on East Flamingo... stay at that one. I stayed there on my previous trip to Vegas, and it was 500 times better, for the same price!
This Extended Stay on Valley View *is* right off the strip (the end w Rio and the Palms). However, once you turn down Valley View you are in a totally trashy neighborhood, and not well-lit at all. I did not feel safe in that area. In fact, the first night there, our car was broken into!!
The front desk staff was polite enough, but very slow to check us in. We got to the room, and I was so grossed out. There were clumps of black hair all over the floor, and dirty fingerprints all over the walls. One of the cups in the kitchen cupboard was actually stuck in the cabinet. Ew!
The bathroom was small and cramped, and when I went to take a shower the shower head actually FELL OFF. It was bizzarre. Furthermore, the beds were incredibly hard, and the sheets were scratchy.
I paid $80 / night for this room, which is the same price I payed per night at the larger, newer, cleaner, safer, more comfortable Extended Stay on Flamingo. Additionally, I decided to stay an extra night on my trip and was able to stay at a nice, although older hotel ON the strip (The Tropicana) for that same price! (It was a Sunday night).
So please, learn from my mistakes and do NOT stay here!

• Liked — It is right off the strip
  • Disliked — It is filthy and in a terrible neighborhood
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business