“A sure bet - Never Again”
Review of Caesars Palace

Caesars Palace
Ranked #37 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
jmargaux
“A sure bet - Never Again”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed at Caesars a couple of weeks ago, and I was extremely dissatisfied and disappointed. From the moment we pulled up, it was a bad situation. The valet parking was only for the high-rollers. Instead, we were directed to self parking. From where we parked to the registration desk was nearly a half mile. We dragged our luggage through a hot garage then through the casino floor eventually to hotel registration. (I'm in very good shape; I don't know how an older person could do this.) When I told the woman at registration how unhappy I was with the walk, she flippantly said that the hotel has been around since 1959. That's great. You would think that they could come up with a better system sometime during the last 53 years. Our room wasn't great either. It was small and outdated. The bathroom was in need of a renovation. Nothing was stylish or cutting edge which is what you would expect in a prime hotel in Vegas. In fact, even the tv was outdated. You would expect at least a flat screen in the room. I am astounded by their lack of hospitality.

Stayed July 2012
4 Thank jmargaux
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,045)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Requested a 1pm check in, however upon checking in we were told our room would not be ready until 4pm but they had a room we upgraded.

Upon asking where a good location was to see the firework show, we were told that the show was for invited guests otherwise you can go outside and watch it.

All in all the hotel is dirty, overpriced and it seems that customer service is a foreign language that no one cares to learn.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank 3kendall
Idaho
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We may have received one of the cheaper rooms because the walls were paper thin. The room was very big but it was kind of a waste of space.

Location is perfect though. It's right in the middle of the strip so you have great access to everything. Highly recommend.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank amarat
Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I went to Vegas with my wife for a friends wedding. Our agent got us a great deal and we were able to stay at Caesars. By far one of the most amazing hotels I have stayed in. We got a free upgrade upon arrival.

The pools at the hotel were amazing (tip go early and pick out a good spot or else you get nothing). Very, very big hotel and easy to get lost in, but the staff are great and will direct you to where you need to go.

Bring lots of money for tips, everyone expects a tip for everything. I don't suggest eating at Caesar's unless you have money to waste. The meals that we did have at Caesars were not really that good and the cost for them was out or orbit. The Cheesecake Factory was a nice place to go, but if you want a good meal walk out of the hotel to somewhere else and you will find a better price and taste.

My favourite hang out at the hotel was Numb Bar. They served great frozen margaritas (pricey but so, so good) and the staff was very friendly.

The pros of this hotel - The service is top notch. Staff are friendliest I have ever met and they really seem to care about making you happy. Hotel room and hotel were spotless. Everything was super clean and I slept like a baby even though the night life was booming all around us. Great photo opps every corner you turn in the hotel. Always something to take a picture of.

The cons of this hotel - Everything cost money! I get it, it's Vegas and money wins, but Caesars takes advantage of this and ups the price on everything ten folds. The people/guest staying are snobs. I don't know, maybe it is my being a kind Canadian and all, but people that were at the hotel were rude. No one seemed to notice myself or my wife walking and they would walk right through us. On the elevators, they would walk in and said 30th floor, without a please or anything. I was very disappointed, and thought the world has gone down a notch or two with manners. I get it, you have money to spend in Vegas, shops the the expensive stores and basically expect everyone else to see it too, you are very special....

Overall I say this hotel was really nice. Would I stay at Caesars again? Personally no. I found that despite staying in one of the nicest looking hotels in Vegas, I was also spending the most amount of money on staying there. If you wanted to use the fridge it was a $25 charge!! I find that ridiculous. I found Vegas in general a place I won't visit again, but I have a feeling I will end up back in my lifetime for a friend. I'll choose to stay a a lesser hotel next time with people that are not so snobby and that have respect for others. Caesars was great, but like I said before a bit to rich for my taste and really not worth it considering you spend most of the time outside the room/hotel any ways.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Leftor
isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

When I told anyone I was staying at caesar's they would often say 'wow' and yes it is wow. It is immense and has some nice rooms. The pools are flashy and there is plenty of gambling, food and bars. But where the expectations are so high comes some downfalls....the pool is often very crowded and it's difficult to get a chair, not once did they ask to see our room cards. The pool staff were so friendly though and good fun.
We also had someone else's room service remains left outside our friends room for a few days....the service of rooms were great so unsure why this was missed!? All in all, I you're looking for upmarket and reputation then it's yours, but you don't need to stay here if you're just up to party!!

• Stayed July 2012