All reviews convention center walk in closet living room and bedroom walking distance off the strip yogurt full kitchen monorail station sitting area lv
Reviewed 9 June 2018

This isn't a fancy luxury resort, but it is clean with a good location and free breakfast. If you are driving through Las Vegas, it also has the added plus of free parking - something you won't find at the big casino hotels. It is about midway between the monorail station to the east and the Strip and strip bus service to the west. You will have to walk a few blocks, but it is certainly doable, especially for the low price they charge. We were impressed with the breakfast choices. No eggs and bacon, but cook your own waffles, bagels, cream cheese, cereal, toast, pastries, yogurt, juice and fruit come with the room. We had two beds and although the bedroom was a bit tight, there was a nice sitting area with chairs, TV, table and mini-kitchen area. Nice pool and small, but nice hot tub. Laundry facilities on the premises too. You will have to pay an extra fee over the room charge, but this is pretty standard for any room in the Strip area and we found the overall price we paid of about $60 total per weekday night to be reasonable for the facilities and the location. Our room was quiet and the other guests we met were pleasant. I was having mobility problems and emailed them in advance to request a room where using stairs would not be required and that request was honored with no problems whatsoever. As we had a room overhead, we were very pleased at how quiet it was. There was also an elevator. Staff was responsive and friendly. We would definitely book there again.

Room tip: Email your special needs and they will be taken care of.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

When we arrived, we was asked to pay an extra $100 because booking.com did not add their fee 'supposedly'. They also charge me a $250 'smoking fee' which is crazy because my friend nor me smoke! I asked did anyone besides the maid go check the room and the manager claimed that she did but I don't believe her! There's no way our room smelled like smoke. I would never stay here again, apparently they make up stuff to charge you with!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank shontiquesmith
Reviewed 7 June 2018

The website pictures are completely misleading. The guy at the front desk looks like he really doesn't want to be there. The grounds of the hotel were littered in cigarette butts, candy wrappers, soda and beer cans, and other trash. The elevator door has graffiti scratched into it. The whole place reeked with a combination of cigarettes, marijuana and body odor.
But it only got worse when I got into the room. That smell comes into the room. The shower tile doesn’t look like it’s been cleaned in a while with strange permanent smudges. I really hope the splotches aren’t mold growing. The carpet was filthy. The furniture is stained, and ripped. Something is collecting in the vent. And since there is no filter, it is blowing into the atmosphere of the room. I just hope it was dust that had built up to a point that it was furry. Because if it is mold, that could be a health hazard.
The website says it has a kitchen, but you have to ask for all kitchen equipment other then the oven and fridge. And since the equipment is 1st come 1st serve, you may not get them anyway. So you might have an oven but nothing to cook with. A working kitchen really is just random chance. I'm not someone who gives a lot of low ratings. But this deserves it.
I complained to the front desk and didn't even stay the night. The front desk said they would only charge me for the first night. But, that first night costed 268.53 cents. That is way too much money to be putting up with this. After asking for a refund, they refused by saying the following:

“All be it there was liter around the property (as there is around the city of Las Vegas), the elevator had graffiti (again, not a rare find in Las Vegas), and your room was not up to your standards, these reasons don’t constitute a full waive of our cancellation policy.”

“we cannot control the actions of our other guests when they decide to liter or defame our property, and we certainly cannot control how or if they follow our rules. We do our best in controlling and repairing what damage is done, but we can’t be perfect.”

So he acknowledges the problems, blames it on guests and doesn’t think that’s worth a refund. And he has no response to anything in the rooms such as; lack of cleanliness, possibility of mold, destroyed furnature, etc.

Room tip: Choose a room somewhere else
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank SeanD2883
arianna721, Guest Relations at The Rita Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you Sean for your review of your stay with us. I am sorry to learn of the experience you recently had. We take all comments very seriously and will review all of your issues in detail. We hope you consider giving our property a second chance in the future. .

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Ok, so when I booked it I got a quote for 32 dlls a night, much to my surprise they told me weekends are charged a t 70 dlls a night. So why am I paying 77dlls per night? Yes people the all dreaded resort fees, but wait a minute! What resort? I don't see a casino or a spa or stores. Basically its an old rundown la quinta with very old and noisy ACs. It really is only good for 30 bucks a night, no more.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank gusanito99
Reviewed 2 June 2018

Do not stay in this place. we just stayed there for memorial weekend as this is the only place left with room available . like a lot of other people have said on there reviews , its filthy dirty smells like pot all day long smells dirty , there rooms are so outdated , its sketchy place . Some of the front desk ladies are extremely rude Angelique to mention one , she seems bothered when you are checking in. The ladies at the bar and the eating area are super nice, that's about the only good thing I could state about this place . There is plenty of places to stay in Vegas , keep away from this one In my opinion its not that cheap for the quality of the place.

Room tip: not a good place for families traveling with children .
Date of stay: May 2018