“Good budget hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #183 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Western US
“Good budget hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

I booked this through Hotwire. It turned out to be a pretty good value.
Someone who's never been to Las Vegas before needs to understand this is no where near the strip. It's a good distance away. But because of that they can offer cheap rooms.
For the price I paid on Hotwire my room was quite nice. I had the maid throw away my toothpaste one day, but other than that no complaints.
The Hotwire listing indicated it had no Internet. It does but it's $13 a day more.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank DudePassingThrough
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Central Coast California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2011

This is a smaller hotel. All of the hotel staff was wonderful. When I arrived I was confused about the parking as one lot is shared with a shopping center. I asked the security guard on a bike and he said it depends which building your room is in. I explained that I was alone with my kids and did not want to be parking and walking all over so he said "follow me" and directed me to a coned spot that said "hotel registration parking." Check in was quick and friendly. Parked in their much bigger, nicer and better lit parking lot closest to our room. The room was very large as they are in older hotels. There was a sticky ring on something on the desk with a hair stuck to it. The bathroom floor lineoleum was full of years worth of stains and blemishes. Other than that, the room wasjust ok and the beds were a bit hard. The heater worked great which was good because of the cold spell.
Right down the elevator is a Subway and a Noble Roman's pizza which was great for the kids and I to get fed quickly. Later in the evening, my sister came and we went to the cafe which had great FOOD prices, including $3.99 steak and eggs. However I had no clue that our non-alcoholic drinks(coffee and soda) would be $2.50 each! But the food and service was good.
The casino is probably one of the smokiest I have ever been in as it is small and they must not have a ventilation system. Yes, other casinos are smokey too but they have some sort of ventilation to keep it somewhat cleared out. The poker room was disapppointing as they stopped waiting for players by 8:00 pm on a Thursday night! I could not play poker so I tried Bingo. The Bingo was nice and the staff and players were friendly. But people smoke like chimneys in there. The lady sitting near me won $1, 000!
The slots were very tight. Upstairs is a "non-smoking" slot area which is a joke because there are maybe a dozen machines plus about 3 dozen tournament only machines that you cannot use. Plus it is not enclosed so people smoke just outside the imaginary dividing line between smoking and non-smoking.
In the middle of the night, someone was in the hall sounding like he was trying to get someone to open the door of another room, like a jilted boyfriend. I called security and they said "oh, I see him. Will be right there." They must have cameras.Iit was quiet in no time. In the morning, people were driving their noisy cars in the street next to the side of the building next to our room, which woke me up. Check out was at 11:00 which was earlier than the 12:00 I am used to at other places but the front desk told me that they would print me up my reciept and it would be waiting for me, as it was.
The employees here are top-notch. They do the best with what they have. Yes, it does seem to be a locals place with people with quite a few seniors and hard smoking locals. There was only a small arcade for the kids and that is it. I will likely not stay here again as there are many choices in Vegas that would be better to take a family too, like Sam's Town with their bowling alley and 22 screen movie theater. But I was impressed with the staff at arizona Charlie's.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank akidcagal
AZCharlies, Marketing Coordinator at Arizona Charlie's Decatur, responded to this review, 3 February 2011
First, I want to thank you for your kind words about our staff. We do strive to have the best customer service in town, and it's such a pleasure for our employees to receive guest recognition.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying at Arizona Charlie's Decatur. The issues you encountered are not a normal experiences for our guests, the condition in which you found your room does not meet our usual high standards for cleanliness. Also, the hotel manager would like to mention that we are been planning to remodel the Meadows Tower, which will include a total bathroom makeover and new pillow mattresses among other items. We hope to see this project come to fruition in the near future.

In your review you mentioned the casino was very smoky. I would like to invite you to check out our fully enclosed non-smoking room, located downstairs by the Naughty Ladies Saloon. Our non-smoking room features many favorite Las Vegas slots including two progressives with Double Double Bonus. Its is the only enclosed non-smoking room in Las Vegas!

Thank you for both your feedback and an opportunity to improve. We appreciate you taking the time in doing this review.

Arizona Charlie's Decatur
El Centro, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

The hotel is a bargain if you don't want to stay on the strip and pay 300 a night. Clean rooms.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2010

Arizona Charlie's Decatur was a pretty decent hotel. You have to stay in the new tower, and not the old one though. The hotel was clean, and a very good bargain. The only negative was having to walk through the casino, with all the smoke to the elevators for the room access, but other than that it was fine. Our toilet did overflow all over the bathroom floor, but the property staff were to the room in 3 minutes, literally to clean it up and fix the problem. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank sharondashariee
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2009

We have stayed in the Klondike rooms before which we clean and adequate. During the week, we got the Arizona Charlie Suite this time with our kids, which has a Master bedroom, entry room, living room (about $135); the bathroom was huge with a huge tile shower (you could sit on the bench & not get wet) and a hug spa tub. The tub jets were missing the controller, but it did not bother us. The 2nd bedroom/bathroom joined the suite (which was about $85/night). Both rooms had a coffee maker and refrigerator. The suite had 3 TVs. The security is nice with room cards to activate the elevator and the security officers on bikes in the parking lots. It is a smokey casino, but most are like that in Vegas. It is not a far walk from the parking to the hotel, which is a great plus. They cleaned our room to make it not smell so smokey, since we requested non-smoking; it was pretty good. The King Bed in our room was very comfortable. It was great to have a separate room for our kids. I just wish it had a better pool that was open more often. It was closed when we went, but they said we could go to their companion hotel, the Stratosphere, to swim. We went to the Stratosphere to swim; the pool was cold, but it felt good since it was a hot day. The staff is nice. I took a look at the mini suites and they looked very nice.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family