“Worst Night of My Life”

Ranked #127 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Worst Night of My Life”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

In Vegas for a Convention and thought the Hotel was perfect. It was close to the convention center. When checking in was a little concerned look like a huge party was going on but thought as long as it wasnt going on in my room, I would be fine. Got to the room and opened my curtains to a Carnival literally 20 feet off the balcony. With Ferris Wheel and Fire breathing Grasshopper. Called down to the front desk and asked if we could be moved to the front of the hotel and was told they were full. Decided to make the best of it. We walked the strip and had dinner. When we got back to our room at midnight the Carnival and Bands were still going on. Call down to the front desk and we were told by security that it would be over at 1am. Finally at 2 am the Carnival ended. Then the party moved inside. I guess our room was right over the bar so the rest of the night we sleep in a speaker box. Caledl security several times and even had the security guy come and apologize. But we were told that they had not control and could not end the party. Appartently there are to people running the hotel end and others running the party bar. It seems like the Manager of the Party Bar is the winner. Maybe better sales with liquor then renting rooms. Finally around 5 am the Music ended and we could 2 hours of sleep before we had to be up. When we check out in the morning We were told by the Sunday Manager that it was not his problem and he did not book the event. He looked straight at me and said "Do you think I had any control over that". This Hotel does not own anything. Hands down I will NEVER stay here again and will warn anyone the is thinking about it. They definately have the wrong man for the manager on Sunday Morning.

Room Tip: Dont Stay here!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jill P
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I previously stood at this hotel about 5 years ago and had a very pleasant experience. I loved being a couple mins away from the strip, so that when i returned to my hotel i could have some piece and quiet. HOWEVER my stay recently was a hell storm of rude workers, LOUD party music that went on ALL weekend, and HORRIBLE maid service. 1 - this hotel constantly throws parties poolside and NEVER tells the guest. (I couldn't use the pool, and there was OVERLY LOUD music ALL NIGHT right outside my window.) 2 - The service here is POOR, the staff is rude, and there is NO MAID service! 3 - You get what you pay for. With as many Hotel choice as you do in Vegas you shouldn't have to stay at such a crap MOTEL.

Room Tip: Stay at the Stratoshpere or Circus Circus if your with your family. If your in Vegas you SHOULD stay...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Monaque

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Honestly, for the $39 I paid to stay here it's hard to grumble. It's just off the strip, walking distance to Wynn and Encore. Free parking, very nice modern lobby, sometimes they even have a pianist. Restaurant looked surprisingly stylish although I didn't try it out. Rooms were dated and drab but large. Bed was very comfortable. If you are on a budget and don't want a casino hotel then this place is a good choice. I've stayed here twice when I've been working over here and I will probably make it my default, budget, vegas spot.

• Stayed March 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I spent three nights at the hotel while in Vegas for a conference. The hotel was in an absolutely perfect location, within a few minutes walk of the Strip without all the hustle. It was very clean and the staff were all very friendly. The bed was incredibly comfortable, I had a cracked rib and still managed a reasonable nights sleep. My room had a view overlooking the pool and the Strip (if that's what turns you on). I really appreciated my bedroom having a sliding door that allowed fresh air and the sun in.

The breakfast on offer at Barrymore's restaurant attached to the hotel was perfect for me, but I can see that it would be seen as inadequate compared to the average sized breakfast on offer in the US. Also I would have liked a check-out later than mid-day but this was not possible.

Room Tip: Ask for a south facing room overlooking the strip.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This place surprised me! I couldn't believe we got such an affordable place right off the main strip!! There was a small bar in the lobby & very nice pool, & hot tub, with pool side wait staff! The rooms weren't extravagant, but were very very nice, clean & comfortable! But don't expect the Belaggio! When we go back to Vegas, we have decided we will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple