“Wasn't going to write review but friends said I should because of my experience.”

Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #3 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Ware, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

On my first visit to Las Vegas from England, we stayed at the Four Seasons from 28th Dec to 2nd January. The hotel was great and housekeeping staff really courteous and helpful. However, on the night of the 30th, my 21-year old daughter wanted to head back to the room but my husband was still playing at the casino. My daughter was happy to go back to the room by herself but, after discussion with my husband who said he wouldn't be much longer, I went with her.
As we got to our floor, about halfway down, a young man wearing a hooded jacket with the hood up was just standing. As we approached him, he started walking ahead of us. When he got to the end of the corridor, he again just stood still. As he heard the click of the roompass, he turned around and headed back towards us. Knowing I couldn't get into the room before he could get his foot in the door, I stood outside and my daughter entered the room. The man and I just watched each other until he had passed down the corridor.
Unsettled by the incidence, I phoned the front desk to tell them about the man. No one got back to me but, luckily, my husband saw him leave the Four Seasons lobby and had noticed him because he still had the hood up.
Replying to a survey, I said I thought even a note under our door would have been reassuring. After another email, I did get a phone call from the hotel saying that someone else had also reported the man and, unfortunately, "Las Vegas does attract a criminal element". They said that their Security had been unable to locate the man.
I appreciate that it wasn't the hotel's fault that the man was there but their response was poor. Also I cannot understand how my husband managed to see this man a good 5-10 minutes after I (and someone else) reported the man but the hotel security could not. The hotel is not that large nor does it have many exits. It would also have been reassuring to know at the time that they had taken by concern seriously.
I occasionally wake up at night and wonder "what would have happened if my daughter had gone to the room alone?".
The hotel and staff were great but

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank Deirdre188
FSLasVegas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We understand you have already spoken to our Director of Rooms regarding this situation. We take the security of our hotel very seriously and the safety of our guests is a matter of utmost concern. We thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (812)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This is a very personal review and should be taken as such. I visited Vegas just once, to tick it off the list. And I rather wish I'd chosen somewhere besides the Four Seasons. Although the service was as outstanding as ever (thank you for remembering our anniversary, guys), the spaces were large and soulless and didn't have the luxurious feel of other Four Seasons hotels. Also, walking through some other Las Vegas hotels, I feel I'd missed out on part of the Vegas experience. If I ever do go there again I'll try somewhere like the Bellagio with a bit more bling.
Having said that, if I were a regular visitor, I'd choose the Four Seasons for all the usual reasons: peace, consistency and service. So absolutely no complaints. Just not quite what I was looking for.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank kakistoc
Belfast
Reviewed 18 February 2012

The staff at this hotel are amazing - the level of service and standard of quality make this hotel the only place to be in Vegas. It's surreal as it's very quiet and relaxed here - not like the other hotels on the strip. I stayed in February so the weather was mild and outdoor pool area wasn't open etc but this didn't affect my stay. My two favourite touches where the giant choc strawberries placed in my room and also the eggs benedict breakfast - i often think about them! It's expensive but it's worth it! I will definitely be back once can afford to do so!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Vanessa M
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Fantastic hotel in Vegas. Great location, great service, and very quiet. Was very nice to be able to escape the noise and glitz of the strip, yet be really close to everything when it was time to go out. World class establishment.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jason W
Fremont, California
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Water spray on your face.
Cleaning your sun glasses.
Free lotions, SPF or after sun.
Free private cabana.
World class service.

Room Tip: Strip view.