“Great value for the money!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino
Ranked #98 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Great value for the money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

I wanted to stay on the Strip and rooms in the name hotels started at $149 the week I was traveling. I had previously been to the Rio to see Penn and Teller but never booked a room. Going on-line, I found a $50 rate which I booked for two days. I didn't expect much except a clean room but upon checkin, they upgraded my room for no additional charge. I never saw the original room but was delighted with my upgrade at the Rio. There is no question that when I'm back in Vegas on business, I'll book the Rio again. It certainly stretches out the entertainment dollar.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Fredband
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,334)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

It is April 8th 2012 and I have 5 nights comped over at The Rio. I am due to check out on Friday April 13th 2012. My plan is to pretty much to just hang out in my hotel room and getting caught up on a bunch of paperwork that I let pile up while I was out in California.

I had to call and see if the hotel could lower my room deposit. Well I spoke with Scott the Front Desk Manager/Supervisor in regards to lowering my room deposit, and he agreed to lower it to $100. Now that was perfect, and he was great.

The bellman here that I dealt with was arrogant. He refused to follow me up to my room with my bags. He said to leave them with him and he would deliver them in about 30 minutes. Now I never leave my bags like this, because having worked in the hospitality industry for over a decade I know some employees will go thru your stuff and take whatever they want. Now I am not saying that this was his plan but I just wasn’t going to take the risk. So I carried my own bags up to my room.

The room was a little bit smaller they I had in mind, but it was fine. Well accept for this weird window in the shower. You can look between the shower and the bedroom. I mean that instead of a wall separating them, you can lay on the bed and see who is showering, or take a shower and see who is sitting on the bed. There is no curtain so I have no idea how to block this feature. I mean I am planning on sharing the room with my daughter and her mother, and I don’t want them to see me shower. That is just creepy.

The room has a fridge so that came in handy over my 5 days stay. I went shopping and pick up some groceries. This is saved me a lot of money on food. If I had one wish it would be that there was a microwave in the room also, but I am not greedy so I will be fine. Also like usual the pictures that was online of the room I would be getting wasn’t the same as what I have currently in my room. The pictures showed a couch and a recliner type of chair with a foot stool. Now there is a couch in the room but no recliner or foot stool. Now this isn’t a big deal, but it was a little disappointing. Also I am stuck next to the party room it seems. One of the rooms near me is throwing a party, and people from it are knocking on random doors and running. This got old really fast when at 3:00am on Monday morning they knocked on my door.

Also another thing, what is up with Harrah’s and not putting comforters on their beds any more. First the Imperial Palace and now Rio. They have the beds doubles sheeted, but instead of a full comforter they now have this weird thing that is at the foot of the bed that only covers about ¼ of the bed. It looks like a foot warmer to me.

Now the staff here as the days go by aren’t as friendly as The D but they are efficient at their jobs, so no serious complaints here. I have my ex and our daughter staying with me in the room and they both drink a lot of coffee. Rio has one of those Individual Cup coffee makers in the room, with little pods of coffee. This thing is so cool. I don’t usually ever brew a full pot when I am at whatever home I live at, so this thing is perfect. I have found myself calling “Housekeeping” an extra time everyday to stock up on coffee. But if it is making everyone in the room happy, so I don’t mind making the call.

Overall this hotel was great. I only wish I could have stayed there longer.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank shadow1978
Whitehorse, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I was a bit hesitant about this resort.....but after 5 comped nights in which we ate, swam, gambled, shopped and had copious amounts of libations this place rocks! EVERYWHERE we went the customer service was incredible....EVERYWHERE!....

Marcy @ the pool was especially nice and introduced us to those frozen concoctions that are forever etched into our memories!! Pleasant, professional, and charming...thanks Marcy!. She works hard and deserves praise and a raise! She even gave me a card regarding a tattooist she recommended. The breakfast buffet was huge and yummy, many selections and we visited there x2!!

We stayed in room 2319 and it had a great view, it was nice and clean.....maid service was superb...I hope she (Gama?) got the tip we left her on our last day...!! I love the bed and the pillows....So did my DW who has a bad hip...and that fridge came in handy...!!

The pizza @ the Deli was greattttttttttttttttttttttt The food at the All American was good also!

To the guy that gave me a discount @ Memorabilia Place....the Rat Pack pic...made it home in one piece and it looks great!!

To the ladies on the front counter who greeted us and bid us adieu...thank you for being so pleasant and cheerful...To the guys outside for stowing our bags yesterday for one hr whilst we ate at the buffet...thanks guys!

To the guy that brought us a brand new safe...in ten mins or less....thanks man that was terrific!!

To the management...our sincerest thanks for a wonderful stay...your staff reflect a positive image that is infectious...professional and proud...very impressive!!.....many fond memories and my wife loved the attention she got on her BD!

Michael & Jen -

Room Tip: 2319 is nice...good shower...and a brand new safe!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank YukonSloMo
Port-au-Prince, Ht
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I went to Las Vegas on a business trip. It was in the end of April 2010. I was taking part in a series of seminars. The hotel is huge and the rooms are awesome for the price. The higher you are, the more you get a nice view of the city. Lower levels are filled with casinos, slot machines and things of that sort. I was in the 44th level I think it was, somewhere high like that and I could see the desert, dry mountains and cactuses. There were many choices of places to eat such as Indian food and typical North American restaurants. There is free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel (though we rented a car) and outide of the hotel is an even wider choice of places to visit such the Ceasar's Palace and shows ranging from Celine Dion to Clown spectacles for the younger ones. I really enjoyed my stay at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas and would suggest it to anybody planning a trip in the area because you are sure to get good service for the money you spend.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Kassandra E
Pasco, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed at the Rio for four nights in mid-April 2012. Got a good room rate by going online and signing up for their casino/rewards club card (no cost to sign up). We arrived there around 2 pm or so and check-in was very quick. It was a long walk to the elevators to the room, but of course they are going to make you walk by lots of slot machines in hopes you will be enticed to play. Our room was on the 15th floor, with a Strip view - very nice. The room was much larger than we had expected it would be - I'd call it a mini-suite, not a separate bedroom but a lot of space in a large room that included the king bed as well as a large sectional type sofa, tables, other chairs, etc. The bathroom area was really nice, as it included a sink and lots of counter space outside the actual bathroom, and then also had another sink and a lot of counter space in the bathroom itself. Kind of an old-style tub/shower combo, but that was fine. We did have a couple of maintenance issues (slow draining tub and the plate on the door lock was loose, but called maintenance and they fixed it right up). Also the ice machine on our floor wasn't working, so we had to either go up or down a floor to get ice each day, but not a huge inconvenience. We really liked that the Rio offered a free shuttle to both Bally's and Harrah's (both on the Strip), and it ran about every 30 minutes from 10 am until 1 am. Wish it started earlier as we're early bird and were ready to get out and about at 8 am the first morning, but once we found it didn't start until 10 we just went and had a shared breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel. BTW, if you're looking for a reasonable priced, decent breakfast nearby, check out the breakfast buffet at the hotel right across the street from the Rio (I think it's called Gold Coast or something like that). If you're a club member, it's only $5.99; and I think it was $7.49 for each of us, since we didn't sign up for their club. Oh, yeah, and it was one of the few casinos that we actually came out ahead on our "investments" in the slot machines at! Back at the Rio, we had some really good sandwiches and fries at their Sports Deli restaurant. The only other thing I can think of that we had wished the Rio had would have been a "directory" in the rooms - we only found out there was a pool because we could see it from the windows by the elevators; we found other places just by walking around in the hotel and casino (two Starbucks, other restaurants, shops, etc.), but it would have been helpful for the hotel to have provided information in the rooms about what all was available inside the hotel/casino areas.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple