Message from TripAdvisor:

“Fantastic Rooms and views”

Palms Place Hotel and Spa
Ranked #78 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I have just go back from staying at the Palms Place in a Studio Room and it was a very nice stay so please don't let all the negative comments put you off. Here are my main points:
1, This is not an elderly persons hotel - they may not appreciate the dark lift area with pretty loud music in the lifts.

Fantastic modern rooms with a fabulous huge bathroom with tv and jacuzzi. Kitchen very well appointed and the maid even washed our glasses for us too !

There were a few maintenance issues that we tried to report but either there was no answer or no one came quickly enough if I did get through.

there were no bathrobes as promised but they brought us some on request very quickly. However they were taken away the next day and not replaced as they had RUN OUT !!! Not good enough.

Have never had such a great room and would definitly recommend it - we found it very clean ! Maybe we were lucky !

The Ghost bar on the top of the Palms has the best view in the world !

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank angelauk
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed here for a couple nights in April 2012. The room was nice but there were several issues. The room was not very clean and there was a fair amount of hair in the washroom. There was also several broken items in the room. On our last day there the shower broke and only had very hot water. The valet service wasn't that good either. So unless you get a smokin deal there are better places in Vegas to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank George X
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Ok. So the hotel is the playboy hotel in Las Vegas (no...I didn't know it until I arrived as a wedding guest) so I guess I can't complain about the packs of drunk young men trolling the lobby. And given the playboy association, I suppose I should not complain about the twenty-something young woman who got into the elevator in a skimpy gold bathing suit with matching high heels with my 70 something year old dad. But you would think the concierge would be someone with knowledge of the restaurants on the property if not some nearby establishments. The young lady was very nice but could not even give directions to restaurants IN THE BUILDING. Shoot me now!

The doormen were nice and Simon's restaurant was a fairly peaceful oasis with a tasty breakfast but this hotel was not my taste and I would not recommend it to anyone other than rambunctious, randy frat boys. Oh, by the way, our room was clean, contrary to another recent review so maybe the hotel at least got THAT message.

Room Tip: The rooms are large and decorated in the style of a 1960s New York bachelor pad complete with the ki...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank IrvineHarley
Reviewed 23 April 2012

it has a great pool and the food is so good. The restaurants are great too, the price of the food is good for the amount of food you are serve, the buffets, the breakfast selection is great.
The rooms are really good size. The movie theather is great because you do not have to drive anywhere.
we enjoyed the trip.

Room Tip: we stayed in the new tower, it was sunny and quiet
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PattyB3
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We booked two nights on Jetsetter one week ahead, so this was a bit of a last minute trip. Booking a regular one bedroom suite seemed like a good deal in comparison to the price hikes we tracked throughout the week. Upon checking in, my boyfriend upgraded to a penthouse with an outdoor hot tub. We were stoked. As he checked in before my arrival, he noticed the off-putting smell in the room. I arrived two hours later and also noticed it as he was dining downstairs in the restaurant. I called housekeeping and a nice staff member came in to spray some solution within the room and it did the trick for a little while. I left the room to meet my boyfriend and when we returned, so did the smell. We called down again and another housekeeping agent came in and was pretty blown away by the smell. She said there wasn't much they can do other than to put wet towels on the drains. As she surveyed the situation, my boyfriend tried to resolve the issue with the front desk staff, to no avail. We are patient people, but the smell was starting to get to us and we were hoping our clothes wouldn't start to have the same stench. Long story short is the smell was not subsiding, the front desk staff didn't seem to believe us and we went out that night, slept in the stinky room and finally demanded to be moved at 10am the next morning.

This whole issue may have not left such a bad taste (literally) in our mouths had the staff handled the issue and understood our issue and apologized. As a hotel guest, all you ever want is the person on the other end of the line (or desk) to be accommodating and understanding. We are very nice people and recognize when patrons are being irrational and mean. We are not like that.

When we finally got the new room, we were told to leave our bags in our original room and they would be moved for us to the new room. That did not happen. When we called to the front desk, they questioned why we left the bags in the room. The staff member literally said, "Who asked you to keep the bags in the room?". Our response, "The manager". Why in the world would they question who told us to leave the bags? Why not just tell us that they will send someone to get them. Again, another interaction in which the staff clearly does not understand how to resolve issues with customers.

I would like to say if it weren't for the sewer and staff issue, I could probably give a more favorable review, at least up to 3 stars. Our second room was fine.. good in size, comfortable bed, great shower. You can tell the appointments and decor was used on the budget side of things as the carpet is frayed, knicks and chips are visible, however, I can overlook those details. The hotel upkeep is just not at the standard of other properties we have stayed at, windows are completely filthy and grimey and the elevators have seen better days.

The pool is nothing special either. If you just want sun, it's a totally fine place as the chairs are comfortable. There are plenty of families and kids, which for Vegas is not my scene, but I can see how that may appeal to some.

I will say the most positive thing about the hotel is the restaurant and bar staff, both in the Simon restaurant and the pool. Great and friendly service!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Elyse1316
Eden M, Guest Relations Manager at Palms Place Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Los Angeles Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Palms Place Hotel and Spa. We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you encountered in your penthouse. I have spoken with Carol Schwartz, the manager that removed your upgrade charges after speaking with you, and we have had our engineering and housekeeping departments working together to resolve this problem. Please accept our sincerest apologies that there was not another penthouse available during your stay and that the rest of your service experience was lack luster. Please feel free to contact me at eden.mccallister@palms.com if you would like to discuss your stay further and also to discuss what we can do to regain your confidence.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to being in contact with you soon.

Kind Regards,