Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #72 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Anaheim, California
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Fell in the shower. Called down to front desk, asked for an ice pack. 20 mins later bell boy shows up with a little bucket of ice! Really? Ice machine was literally right next to our room. Pretty sure I could have done THAT myself! Told him I asked for an ice pack bcuz I fell in the shower. He said he was "pretty sure they didn't have anything like that" and I "should call housekeeping bcuz they have the plastic bags they put in the ice buckets". Upon checking out, told the guy I fell in the shower. He asked if I wanted to speak with the mgr. Told him the concern would have been nice 2 hours ago but I had to be somewhere. He verified my phone number and said the mgr would be calling me. Never heard from anyone. Called 4 days later, spoke to Brian who assured me the "risk mgr" would be calling me. Still waiting for that call!

• Stayed April 2012
5 Thank rhondy114
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
West Linn, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Just got back from a trip to Las Vegas that we booked through LasVegas.com. I will never book with LasVegas.com again, we thought they had a great rate through LasVegas.com than found out about the fees they don't tell you about. The Resort charges $20. a day resort fee than charges you an additional $25.00 to use the gym. They also charge your credit card a $100.00 a day deposit. So if you have a budget as to what you can spend than this is not the place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Eden M, Guest Relations Manager at Palms Place Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear West Linn Guest,

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your recent stay at Palms Place. We are sorry to read that you did not find value in your stay and that our policies were seemingly not effectively communicated to you. Our resort fee is clearly stated on our website, and our reservation agents are trained to inform guests of the resort fee during the reservation process if the room is booked directly through the hotel. Third party websites also have the same information that we communicate through our website. However, we do not have control over how transparent and detailed the information is presented on third party websites such as the one that you booked through. The resort fee is a standard practice in the Las Vegas hotel industry as well as the per day incidental hold, and you will find these same practices is most any Las Vegas hotel. Again, we apologize that this information was not adequately communicated to you, but hopefully we will have an opportunity in the future to welcome you back to the property.

Warm Regards,
Eden McCallister
Guest Relations Manager
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

The rooms are fabulous. Extremely spacious, with floor to ceiling windows and great views. My wife and I, stayed in the One bedroom suite with two bathrooms. The room, unfortunately, was a little rundown. You can tell, the Palms Hotel, is having money problems. Holes in the walls, speakers falling off the televisions, burn holes in the carpets, no pots or pans for a "state of the art" kitchen, etc. But, the rooms are extremely beautiful and very modern.

When we first arrived in our room, we immediately noticed one of the speakers on the side of the t.v. was completely hanging off by a wire. We called the front desk to notify them and said, don't worry about fixing it now because we have family and friends here, but I just wanted to make sure that they make a note of it so that we didn't get charged for the damage. They said, no problem, and made a note of it. Of course, upon receiving our bill at the end of the week, what was on there, the cost of the damage for the speaker. Unbelievable! I explained about calling down and the fact that there should have been a note explaining the details of this and, of course, no note, nothing. The front desk service was horrible for NOT doing anything but standing around.

I would call downstairs to the front desk and the phone would just ring and ring and ring. No one would answer the phone. It would ring for minutes on end, and still nothing. Eventually, the pool would pick up. How is the pool going to answer my questions about pots and pans? LOL.

The elevators are a joke. Nothing but problems with the room keys. Get rid of the key insert, Palms. it's causing more headaches than not.

I also called down for an extra blanket, which they replied, we're all out. Are you kidding me, you're all out. Don't tell me, every room in this hotel is taken, get off your butts and go into another room and grab me a blanket. Rocket science for these people, I tell ya.

Parking was convenient. Right outside and always a spot.

The pool is a joke. Nowhere to sit and if you want to sit, you'll have to pay for it. I think it was $25.00 a day. Can you believe that, charging your customers to sit at the pool? And just for that, i didn't spend a single penny at the pool. Normally, I would have bought food and drinks, but because of that, I went upstairs and filled my tumbler up with drinks and made myself a sandwich. Businesses today, are so stupid. They just don't get it.

Would I return, NO. Mostly, because of the terrible service and paying to sit at the pool. That was a complete turnoff for my wife and I. Was it the worst hotel ever, NO, but it wasn't up to standards with where they should be.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SINCLAIRTHETRAVELLER
Utrecht
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

Just spent two weeks in one of the 1BR suites at this tower, which is right next to the Palms. Great stay. Housekeeping did a great job, they even cleaned our kitchen when we made a mess out of it and supplied us with all necessities like dishwashing and washing powder.

Internet was kind of slow at times - but it was included in the resort fee for all our devices (4).

Beds we're amazing.

Location is a little off the strip, technically but even on the strip you need to taxi from one end to another so it's no biggie.

Resort fee includes access to the gym in the Palms which only has cardio equipment. Hotel management was kind enough to give us a few passes to the gym inside Palms Place which was totally awesome.

Palms Place is definitely recommended for a longer stay in Vegas and I'll be back soon probably.

If they fix the slower internet and include fulltime access to the palmsplace gym or include some weights in the Palms gym I'd be able to give 5 stars. Also would have been nice if we were able to open the windows in the suites for some fresh air.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank WytzeNL
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

This hotel is a hidden gem in the city of sins. I stayed in the Palms Place Hotel in Las Vegas during a recent conference and paid $48 per night and had an amazing time. First of all, the hotel was really great. It is not on the main strip which is fine by me. The pool was one of the best I have ever seen in Vegas. The price is considerably cheap compared to the other strip hotels where you have to pay about $100 per night. The accomodation is excellent. There is movie theater inside the Palms. The restaurants are also fantastic. The table dealers are fun to play with especially the graveyard shift. Dealers such as Aida and Yaima are hilarious and incredibly good looking. Valet is also great and so with the front desk. The Casino Hosts are so accomodating.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool are more to my liking. There is not really a bad placement of locations.