“Good Alternative to High Priced Strip Hotels”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Las Vegas Airport
Ranked #26 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Good location 5 minutes from the strip at reasonable rates.It takes only a few minutes to walk to your room instead of a 20 minute walk at a casino hotel. The internet system in the business center is very bad.It is a Hilton standard and not the hotels fault, but Hilton needs to listen to the customers.Hotel needs in room safes for valuables.Mattresses need to be upgraded to Hilton standards. Way to soft. In room a/c makes allot of noise.

Room Tip: Request corner room
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Dealmaker
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Las Vegas Airport

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I’ve seen the commercials on TV about the Homewood Suites being like a home away from home. And I beg to differ. At home I have pets and grandchildren all over me but at the Homewood in Las Vegas it’s like being at a “Quiet Home” away from Home. I was in Las Vegas for business and didn’t really want all the glamour and noise associated with the town. When I arrived I was greeted with a friendly smile and a caring attitude. I would like to thank Jennifer Jenkins and Jason Siler for the welcome and some helpful conversation. This certainly helped boost my spirits after a long day of traveling. The smiles and the attitude continued throughout my stay, every time I saw them. And it seems the rest of the staff has the same attitude. During my stay there were some minor problems that normally occur and the staffs were quick to respond. When I departed (knowing I was returning in a week for another business trip I booked my rooms there and the staff stored some of my articles pending my return. I've stayed at other hotels in Las Vegas but will only stay at the Homewood Airport from now on.

Room Tip: If you want the noise, glamor and gambling, This Hotel doesn't have them. They have breakfast an...
2  Thank Paul c
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Amazingly quiet, non smoking, non gaming hotel. Right by the airport - surprisingly never heard a single plane inside ! Can't say the same for embassy suites we have stayed in previously - though embassy suites had better breakfast. Overall fantastic value. Definitely return. In town for business.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Pros:
- Close to the airport
- Shuttle to airport and the strip
- Friendly drivers
- No noise problems

Cons:
- Clueless front desk
- No nearby food options
- Cleaning issues
- Terrible breakfast

This hotel is pretty close to the airport, but I didn't have any noise issues.  The shuttle drivers were both very nice.  The shuttle gets you to the airport or the strip in about 10-15 minutes.  There is nothing within walking distance, so you will need to take the shuttle.  I will warn you ahead of time, the daytime front desk clerk is absolutely clueless when it comes to handling problems, so if you have any issues during your stay, good luck.  The breakfast in the morning was cold and nasty.  I have consistently noticed this problem at Homewood,  Embassy Suites breakfast is much better.  On the housekeeping side, the bedroom and bathroom were clean, but there was a thick coating of dust/dirt around the edges of the floor in the kitchen.  Overall, it's an ok airport hotel for the money.  I would stay again if everything on the strip was booked, but there are much better and more convenient options closer to the action.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Mustangcop
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed here during a recent convention as we did not need the "excitement" of staying on the strip. It is easy to get to the strip and park there to see the sights and sounds of Las Vegas. Here, you can get work done. Hotel is within minutes of airport and within minutes from Strip. Parking is convenient. Check in was easy. New employee checked us in. She was competent; friendly and knowledgeable. Elevators are a bit far (for some) from the lobby. Our room was on 3rd floor. Some trash in hallway that stayed there overnight. Room was nice, overlooked pool. Quiet. Perhaps too much furniture for size of suite. Kitchen is nice and everything we used there was always cleaned for us for use the next day. Bed was a little soft. We slept with windows open and enjoyed fresh air and evening coolness. No problems with noises from airport. Breakfast was okay. Standard fare for a hotel. Lots of families in breakfast area but seating was available. We did have to clean our own tables. Chairs were stained and should be steam cleaned regularly. We only ate there 2x over four night stay. We only went to manager's reception once, for drinks. Hotel likes to serve meat. We don't eat meat. Auto Rental site was within view of hotel so we turned our car in early and walked back to hotel. Safe and fast (about 10 minute walk.) Check out was also easy. No problems with bill. We left early and used shuttle. Desk worker early that morning had fresh coffee and was very cheerful. Shuttle driver was helpful and friendly. A great staff. Hotel did a nice job contacting us after we left and we exchanged several e-mails. Management here is attentive and responsive. Hilton take note! As for a future stay here? We will probably try another off strip Hilton property the next time for variety.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking pool
2  Thank GRGADA