“Excellent service, moderate price” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Jacksonville
“Excellent service, moderate price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

My wife and I (and on one trip, our kids) have stayed at the Palazzo for our brief visits to Vegas. We are not big gamblers so we don't get the big "comps" that we hear about, but for the money, The Palazzo provides celan, generous sized rooms for a reasonable (although not cheap) rate. I made reservations about two months in advance and the hotel's website rate dropped twice during this time. I callled and they adjusted the price each time without question. Very pleasant and professional to deal with. If eating breakfast at Luxe, opt for ordering off the menu rather than the buffet. The buffet is good but not great. If eating at Morels, everything was great!!

Room Tip: All rooms are large and soundproof.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chip B
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so we may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.

The Venetian|The Palazzo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,491)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barnet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have stayed at The Palazzo many times, and realised I have never written a review, so after my recent trip I thought I had better.

I love the Palazzo. I love it's position on the strip, it's so easy to walk everywhere. I like the size of the casino..it's not too sprawling so you can find everything. It's really well run, clean, fantastic well kept decor, staff are fantastic and friendly and everyone from bellboy and cleaner upwards says good morning and is helpful.

Check in is usually quick and painless..not so in many Vegas hotels..the lines can be huge.

The rooms are fantastic and I particularly like them because you get a separate lounge area, with a lovely corner sofa, it's own separate TV to the bedroom. If you want to have an evening in, or come back a little earlier and watch TV and have a drink - the Palazzo rooms allow you to do that without having to get into bed ..I think it's a real plus.

Downsides are the mini bar prices - it would be great if all Vegas hotels had an empty fridge so you would use it for your own beverages ..some do, like the Rio, but the Palazzo maxes out every opportunity for you to spend money !

We got a promotional deal this time ..for the most part it was $110 a night which is a phenomenal fee. I paid the $20 resort fee which included daily gym pass and internet - it's a good deal as the gym is amazing and internet charges can really add up.

We tend to go to the Palazzo in April, my only criticism is due to the shadow that the hotel casts, the main pools don't get sun until almost lunchtime ..but you can walk the short walkway to the Venetian if you are an early morning sunner. The sunbeds are really comfy with great beds and the pool doesn't blare music at you like many of the pools.

I love the Grand Lux Cafe and the access to the Venetian shops. The Palazzo is my favourite casino...not the newest, not the most modern, but very well run and offers great service all round.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank missie22
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your words of appreciation. We are humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience and we also appreciate the suggestions you have provided. Please be assured that we do take all feedbacks and suggestions seriously, and we will look into them accordingly. We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Terre Haute
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This trip is my second to the Pallazo. My first trip here was in January when all the wonderful winter in Venice decorations were up. Right now the decor is focused on spring and hence a lot of wonderful flowers and butterflies. The interior of the hotel and the rooms are gorgeous. There was no expense spared in making sure this hotel caters to even the most discerning individual. The rooms are incredibly spacious and the sunken-in living rooms with a huge sectional couch our something to behold. In addition to great rooms, casino, and all around great ambiance the hotel has some wonderful concierge services. I dealt with a young lady named Lisa Oldham who have her honest opinion about some local cuisine. Also, she was very helpful answering questions about the resident clubs. (Tao and Lavo, went to Tao in January was gorgeous). Unlike most concierge at a lot of other hotels she was very personable and most importantly genuine. The level of service she provided was nothing less than exceptional.

Room Tip: Ask for a Vegas strip view... Can watch both the Wynn waterfall and TI Siren show from room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank GaryP217
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department head, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with Lisa. I am confident that she will delight in knowing that she contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.

Carmel, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

The Hotel was outstanding. Gig rooms, clean and so nice you don't want to leave the room. The pools in the back of the Hotel where beautiful and had a excellant eviroment in which to enjoy the great landscaping around the pool.The restaurant in the Canyon Ranch Spa really had some excellant dishes for Lunch and Breakfast the food was tasty and had a healthy blend of favors without adding excessive calores to the dishes. I just wish they had a Restaurant like this one where I live. Because I would be a regular visitor. Great location next to the Vention Hotel and the Wynn Hotel. Location in the heart of the Vegas Strip of Hotels. The price was very resonable for the room you got. I can't say enough good things about the Hotel. I would stay with them in a heart beat.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room on the 31 first floor suite 706
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team members. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Los Angeles, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

My Mother called me in Jan. of this year and told me that she would like to stay @ the Palazzo Hotel for her 80th Birthday since her last name was Palazzo. I said sure mom and made the reservation for a nites stay in April of 2012. I first called them directly to book the nite of Sat. 21 2012. and i was told there were NO ROOMS available. I thought wow! a hotel of that size hard to imagine. I checked their own web site and it told me different, there was a room available for our party of three. The cost of the room was 600 dollars and some change (around $630.00). I little pricey but I thought it's for mom and it's probably very elegent and lots of complimentary extras, so I paid up front and booked. When we arrived we checked in and informed our agent that it was moms b-day and showed her birth cert. with the Palazzo last name and asked Do you offer any extras for a b-day and the reply was no, however they offered to upgrade the room to another "better" floor and that was it. Since I never saw the first room I took them up on it. When the three in our party arrived to our $600 + room it was nice even had a stocked refridge and small boxes of snacks and nuts and water bottles on top. I thought , very nice comp. items, while we were enjoying the bottled water and snacks after a long journey the bellhop informed us that those items were NOT COMPLIMENTARY and that there were SENSORS located in the trays AND in the small refrigerator and if the items were moved we would be charged on our bill . To make along story short I paid over $600.00 for a room for 1 nite for a special b-day, and had to pay for a bag of peanuts and bottles of water, After complaining and stating we had not known of this they agreed to remove the charges for the ones we had consumed. I told the desk manager what kind of crap is this? at least @ Holiday Inn I get a free continental b-fast. He had no reply. I have to say I was embarrased to bring my party there, we did have fun joking about where the next sensor could be (maybe on the extra roll of T-paper so we could be billed or if I accidently missed the toilet and pissed on the floor.) Upon closing, I would like to add that there was no coffee machine in the room or nearby and that IT WAS NOT COMPLIMENTARY OR INCLUDED FOR OVER $600.00. After this honest review use your own discretion I was not satisfied in the least for my expierience, I expected MUCH more for my $600.00 1 nite stay!!!! I don't mind paying for it but, for tht kind of money I EXPECT MORE.

Room Tip: check all the fine print, ask questions about complimentary items,rates
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family