“Trip to Vegas to attend the MFest Convention”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #8 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The Hotel was outstanding. Gig rooms, clean and so nice you don't want to leave the room. The pools in the back of the Hotel where beautiful and had a excellant eviroment in which to enjoy the great landscaping around the pool.The restaurant in the Canyon Ranch Spa really had some excellant dishes for Lunch and Breakfast the food was tasty and had a healthy blend of favors without adding excessive calores to the dishes. I just wish they had a Restaurant like this one where I live. Because I would be a regular visitor. Great location next to the Vention Hotel and the Wynn Hotel. Location in the heart of the Vegas Strip of Hotels. The price was very resonable for the room you got. I can't say enough good things about the Hotel. I would stay with them in a heart beat.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room on the 31 first floor suite 706
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team members. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

My Mother called me in Jan. of this year and told me that she would like to stay @ the Palazzo Hotel for her 80th Birthday since her last name was Palazzo. I said sure mom and made the reservation for a nites stay in April of 2012. I first called them directly to book the nite of Sat. 21 2012. and i was told there were NO ROOMS available. I thought wow! a hotel of that size hard to imagine. I checked their own web site and it told me different, there was a room available for our party of three. The cost of the room was 600 dollars and some change (around $630.00). I little pricey but I thought it's for mom and it's probably very elegent and lots of complimentary extras, so I paid up front and booked. When we arrived we checked in and informed our agent that it was moms b-day and showed her birth cert. with the Palazzo last name and asked Do you offer any extras for a b-day and the reply was no, however they offered to upgrade the room to another "better" floor and that was it. Since I never saw the first room I took them up on it. When the three in our party arrived to our $600 + room it was nice even had a stocked refridge and small boxes of snacks and nuts and water bottles on top. I thought , very nice comp. items, while we were enjoying the bottled water and snacks after a long journey the bellhop informed us that those items were NOT COMPLIMENTARY and that there were SENSORS located in the trays AND in the small refrigerator and if the items were moved we would be charged on our bill . To make along story short I paid over $600.00 for a room for 1 nite for a special b-day, and had to pay for a bag of peanuts and bottles of water, After complaining and stating we had not known of this they agreed to remove the charges for the ones we had consumed. I told the desk manager what kind of crap is this? at least @ Holiday Inn I get a free continental b-fast. He had no reply. I have to say I was embarrased to bring my party there, we did have fun joking about where the next sensor could be (maybe on the extra roll of T-paper so we could be billed or if I accidently missed the toilet and pissed on the floor.) Upon closing, I would like to add that there was no coffee machine in the room or nearby and that IT WAS NOT COMPLIMENTARY OR INCLUDED FOR OVER $600.00. After this honest review use your own discretion I was not satisfied in the least for my expierience, I expected MUCH more for my $600.00 1 nite stay!!!! I don't mind paying for it but, for tht kind of money I EXPECT MORE.

Room Tip: check all the fine print, ask questions about complimentary items,rates
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank SB110
Reviewed 23 April 2012

First time in vegas. Stayed in Bella Suites, hotel has a great location. Check-in was smooth. Was shocked to get charged for a bottle of water that I thought was complimentry. The FREE Wifi was excellent!!!

Excellent views if you are above floor 37. Cleaners did not visit everyday. When I approached them they said they are not aloud to clean if the room is occupied. Funny thing was I dont remember them knoking when I was in the room.

The Ventian is connected to this the Palazzo, food courts are expensive where ever you go. There is a 24 hour restarunt open which is reasonable prices. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RSMAHON

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Made my reservation over the telephone and was told what I would receive for the price of the room. Such as breakfast, snacks, etc...When I checked in I found out it was all lies unless I wanted to pay more for an upgrade. I did not even check in my wife and I left and went to another hotel and received a better value for our money. Never trust reservations unless you confirm everything in an e-mail.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travledtheworld
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the reservation challenges you experienced. I would really like an opportunity to look into this incident as this mix-up or miscommunication should have been easily rectified.

Please feel free to contact our office directly if you wish to further discuss.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Overall a nice experience staying in a Prestige suite with the concierge floor amenities. Continental breakfast was more than just fruit and muffins--at least a couple of hot items each day also. Pretty much a full bar for cocktail time (5-8) with a nice selection of appetizers. Pool areas very nice and since it was so crowded on Saturday, we appreciated the pool attendants help in finding a couple of lounge chairs. Do not recommend the (pricey) pina colada--pretty bad. Like most Vegas hotels, plenty of restaurants to choose from. Front desk and concierge staff were prompt in fulfilling requests.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our view overlooking the Wynn pools and golf course
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank craftnut

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive "Prestige Level" experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so we may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.