“Excellence in Vegas”

GreenLeadersGold level
vancouver, bc
“Excellence in Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Great hotel and fabulous high floor room overlooking Wynn golf course. Very quiet room. Great staff and casino. I've stayed at many hotels on the strip and this ranks as my favourite next to Bellagio. Casino blackjack dealers were top notch. We only ate at the Cafe Luxe which was great. Spent a day at the pool where lounge chairs were plentiful.

Room Tip: Requested high floor and non-strip view as I've seen it many times. view over golf course and de...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,558)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed at the Palazzo for one night and was pleasantly surprised at the size. There were two beds and a living area...big enough for our family of four. I liked that there were flat screen tvs in the living space, beds, and bathroom. Great idea especially with kids who want to watch their shows...no fighting over what channel to watch. I also liked that the bathroom had a separate bath and shower. Another thing I really liked was the remote controlled curtains...very convienient.
Two things that bothered me about the room was that there was a mysterious stain on the couch. Ewww! Also, although the bed was comfortable, I found that the bed sheets were rough.
Overall, this is a good room to get if you have a family due to it's size and amenities.

• Stayed April 2012
Indianapolis, IN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Having been to Las Vegas numerous times and having stayed at many locations on the strip wanted to "experience" The Palazzo. I enjoy and appreciate a nice hotel stay. I did my research on TripAdvisor and read all the reviews. I knew what I anticipated but reality fell far short of my expectations.

We (husband/ wife both mid-50's) arrived Easter Sunday for a 4 night stay. When we arrived at the front desk there was only 1 person in line. We immediately advanced to the front desk and was greeted by Eric. I told him it had been several years since we had been able to travel to Las Vegas and this was our 1st time visiting The Palazzo. I asked if he had an available suite with a view of the strip. He had no complimentary upgrades, but offered to put us in a king bed suite with a strip view on the 39th floor for an additional $45/night. We opted to take this and after being warned about prices associated with moving items in the mini bar (it is "weighted" which means if you open and rearrange the items you will be charged) we were given our room cards to #39732.

For Vegas standards it is a quick walk from the front desk through the casino to the elevators. There is a security guard posted to the entrance of the hallway that leads to the elevators. You will need to show your room card each time you enter this area. Also, notice to the right side is a shop where you can purchase water, soda, magazines, tylenol etc.and on the opposite side is The Coffee Bean. I see several comments about no coffee makers in the room and how far you need to walk to get coffee. The Coffee Bean is right on your way to/from the hotel elevators so it is very conveniently located to your room.

Once we got off the elevator we started the walk to our room. I do not mind a long walk as I want to be away from the elevators and ice machine hopefully in a quiet area. I'm trying to keep in mind it is Easter Sunday and maybe they are short on housekeeping as I step over a q-tip, kleenex and bobby pin in the hallway. All while walking past empty trays lined on the sides of the corridor from room service and brown bags of dirty laundry awaiting pick-up. We easily located the suite and entered the room. All appeared clean and lovely at 1st initial glance. We raised the shade to see the view we had paid additionally for and it was perfect. We were directly across from Treasure Island looking down on the strip and the Sirens of TI show. Then I turn around to go back to unpack and see it...a black plastic knife lying on the glass top table in the sunken living room area surrounded by fingerprints. Guess housekeeeping missed that which as it was so obvious it made me wonder what else was overlooked.

The bathroom was very clean and spacious. As there is a TV in the bathroom and I enjoy watching the national news in the morning as I am gettting ready for the day I located the remote and turned it on, or at least I tried. Looks like the batteries are out, no TV in the bathroom for me. We went our for dinner, spent some time in the casino and decided to go back to the room as it has been a long day. Now we can't get the lights on each side of the bed to come on. Finally found out for some unknown reason they had both been unplugged from the wall.

The next morning we nicely went down to the front desk on our way out and asked if someone could take a look at the bathroom remote. We thought the remote just needed new batteries. A notation was made with an apology and an assurance they would fix it. We return 9 hours later to the room and although, it had been cleaned, remote still doesn't work. We call housekeeping and they offer to come back yet that evening. As we are both tired I just waive it off until the next day and wrote a note sliding it under the remote. On our 3rd day there we now have a working remote in the bathroom.

Speaking of bathroom, what can you possibly do to a towel to make it that hard and rough. It was one of the worst selection of towels I have ever encountered. Luxurious, absolutely not! So we have tickets to go see Terry Fator (worth every penny) and while getting ready I accidentally bump my ear which send my diamond stud earring flying somewhere. I hear a clink which turns out to be the back of the earring lying in the sink right by the drain opening. After a request for help both my husband and myself are now crawling around on the floor feeling for the diamond stud. I find something under the sink and know I've found it but no, it turns out to be the back of someone else's earring as that's a style of backing I don't wear. We did find my earring, but now I'm left wondering how could the floor have been swept and that have been missed?

It did seem to be quiet and you heard very little noise from the hallway. If you are looking for the blow dryer it is in the drawer located in the middle of the vanity. Yes, the room has a safe. It is under the TV in the sunken living room on the left side of the credenza. It has an outlet so you can recharge your IPad while in the safe. The charge for the WiFi is included in the $20 day resort fee. When you sign on you will go back to a home page for The Palazzo where you will put in a code and they tell you what this consists of. The line for the charge should show a zero if it indicates anything other than that I would call before proceeding.

We checked out on Thursday morning only to find out their computer system was going through an upgrade and they were not back online. We had to complete and sign a card at the front desk with our e-mail address leaving the hotel without seeing an itemized copy of our bill. Although, this was not optimally the best scenerio as I would rather dispute a charge while there we did receive an itemized bill via e-mail and all charges were correct.

In reflection, was it an intolerable stay, no. Was I disappointed, yes. You know they say the devil is in the details and that is what was missing. I have stayed in a Four Seasons before and if I were to do a side by side comparison of a "5 Star Resort" The Palazzo pales in comparison.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pinkie56
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies for the several challenges you experienced during your stay. While I was relieved to learn that ultimately the challenge experienced with the remote for your bathroom TV was rectified, I was disappointed to learn that it took several requests to make this happen. I apologize for this lack of follow through you received while our team members attempted to assist you with this. It is never our intention to cause our guests this unnecessary stress or inconvenience. Allow me to assure you that your most recent experience is not the standard of our resort. I apologize that you were not extended our Unmatched Guest Services throughout your entire stay.

I would like to thank you for articulating the details of your experience. It is through communication, such as yours, that we are better able to monitor and improve services for our guests.

We value your patronage, and hope that this atypical experience will not deter you from visiting our property again. When you choose The Venetian in future, please contact my office directly so I may assist you with your reservation to ensure your next visit exceeds your expectations.

Kind regards,

Guest Relations
The Venetian|The Palazzo
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

The hotel is gorgeous, cute piano bar, right on the edge of everything on the Strip, and the suite we got for me and 5 friends was more than worth the money with all the room and sleeping space we had. Absolutely perfect, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights 02.04.12 – 06.04.12; having never been to America before we were completely blown away from the minute we stepped in to the hotel, there was a lovely fresh smell from the enormous real flower displays and fountains. We booked a suite and allocated the 9th floor, overlooking Treasure Island Hotel opposite. The suite was huge, lovely big comfy bed, big bathroom with toiletries and a sunken living room area with sofa, work station with phone/fax, table and chairs etc. There was a mini bar and fridge in the room – but be warned if you remove anything to even look at and return, it will be charged to your room as the base is weighted! Another charge to watch out for is the daily hotel fee – we had this removed as a compliment after we complained we were not aware of this at booking. The room was clean and housekeeping kept it clean throughout our stay. The hotel has got a good selection of shops and the casino and bars are good. As long as your gambling, the waitresses will come and take your free drinks orders and bring them to you; we found that if you tip them a dollar or two each time, they will keep coming back to you. We eat in the hotel’s Grand Lux Café twice for breakfast which was excellent for both service and quality food. The portions are so big we found we were set up for the day, only needing an evening meal! We eat out at Denny’s diner down the road from the hotel for breakfast one day during our stay – I would avoid this at all costs; a very packed diner with a fast turnaround so we felt rushed. The food was awful and very greasy. We found the concierge at the hotel extremely helpful, we had made telephone bookings for things elsewhere that we had to confirm upon arrival and the concierge made confirmation phonecalls for us at no extra charge. The hotel is linked to the Venetian next door which has more shops, bars, places to eat etc; we found this hotel too big – we got lost!! We took a trip up to the 50th floor and housekeeping whilst cleaning one of the rooms let us in for a quick peak to take some photos as the view is fantastic. If we were to return to Vegas we would certainly request a higher floor to have better views. In summary we had an excellent stay at this hotel; everyone was friendly and helpful and the whole hotel kept very clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up to have the best views and watch out for the daily hotel fee!
Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple