“Exceptional Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles

Grand Adventures Tours
Ranked #1 of 224 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We use 15 Passenger vans! Please make sure you enjoy personal, small group settings and can travel in 15 passenger vans before booking with us. Grand-Adventures Tours specializes in fully-guided, small group tours to the Grand Canyon South Rim and Grand Canyon West Rim. All group sizes are 10 or less, fully guided and narrated, include a McDonald's breakfast, a picnic lunch, and fantastic guiding throughout your whole tour. Our goal is eliminate all commercial aspects of a tour by treating each of you like a friend visiting from out-of-town for a day. Our service is very personal and friendly and includes just the right touch of educational information, friendship, and service. What makes us so different is that we build, manage, and execute our tours from our customer's point-of-view. We don't add or do anything to our customers that we know we would not like ourselves. Please visit our website for pricing, terms and conditions, and all tour itineraries. Tours to the Grand Canyon are 15 hours in length.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Vancouver, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Exceptional Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

My wife and I did this tour on April 24th. Kevin our guide made the day for me because I'm not very good with heights. Flying I'm OK but edges and ledges are not my thing so I didn't go on the Canyon Trail, and Kevin understood that. He gave a great historical narrative and after we arrived I got my pictures and researched some of the history in the souvenir shop, and then went to the surrounding buildings to check them out and get more pictures. While I was playing chicken, my wife went on the walking tour and got some exceptional photos. A long day but Kevin's enthusiasm filled in the day nicely, and it is a beautiful drive out to the canyon.

1 Thank canuckdillon
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Chawton, Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grand Canyon walking tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

My husband and I did this trip on Monday 23rd April. Our guide Alex was great, didn't rush us and was very knowledgeable.
The Canyon was stunning, also enjoyed the other stops - Hoover Dam, Seligman on Route 66.
This is a great tour because it is small groups.

Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grand Canyon tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

My wife and I went on the afternoon Canyon walk last Monday the 16th - what an experience! Our guide Alex was brilliant and extremely informative. It was just great to get out and away from the main crowded area, and experience the Canyon in the serene way its supposed to be experienced. All the stop offs on the way were great too - Hoover Dam, Seligman on Route 66.

Thanks Grand Adventures!

Chris & Sarah

Rochester, New York
“Best part of my Las Vegas trip, after the wedding.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

Our guide Kevin was always giving us history and interesting "backstory" anecdotes. We were on our honeymoon and it was nice to be able to engage with the group or hang back and take things in. We didn't feel like we were on a tour so much as going out with a group of friends. Kevin had an assistant, Chad, and he also had a laid back vibe that we liked.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Stunning trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We did the sunset tour on a Monday, with our tour guide Tracey. From the pickup, perfectly on time, to the drop off, just slightly late, it was a fantastic day. We liked that there were only 4 couples on the tour, it gave us the ability to get to know everyone, and that made it a more enjoyable experience.
It took a lot longer to get to the actual canyon than expected, I was glad I overate at breakfast at McDonalds, and that we'd had stops for snacks on the way as well, as we stopped to see long-horned sheep (I still think they're goats!), at Hoover Dam, in Kingman AZ, and Seligman. By the time we got to GC itself, it was around 4-5pm.
The 'hike' portion was easy to walk (altitude notwithstanding), and I didn't feel too out of shape or unfit as we meandered around, finding the best stops for photo opportunities. Tracey made sure to keep us all together, and educate us on the local flora and fauna, and entertain us with stories from her trips to the Canyon previously.
The sunset over the Canyon was absolutely divine, and a lot colder than I had expected! It was a once in a lifetime experience, and I am so glad we booked through Grand Adventures.

1 Thank MrsKahu