Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites SW Spring Valley
Caesars Palace(Las Vegas)
US$ 272
US$ 146
  • Pool
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$ 378
US$ 210
Official Site
  • Pool
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
US$ 79
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$ 256
US$ 85
US$ 247
US$ 203
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$ 186
US$ 144
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$ 268
US$ 226
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree breakfastcoffee bean tea leafbreakfast roomminute driveyogurtthe hotel is cleanoff the stripthe rooms were nicepleasant stayup to datehiefreewaylasvegasmarijuanakeurigmattress
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I am not a high roller so for a comfortable clean room, free breakfast and kind thoughtful staff I was impressed. Of course this is not a fancy place, but to rate this hotel with other hotels in the same price range I believe it really deserves an excellent rating. Whenever I have to pass through Vegas again I will be staying here.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
HIE6220Rainbow, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites SW Spring Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Thank You for your review after your recent stay in Las Vegas. I am glad to hear you enjoyed it and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Thanks, Laura

Reviewed 21 October 2011

I stayed in this hotel for my business one-night-stay. The location is convenient, the room is spacy, and the service excellent. The fact that they provide toothbrushes, toothpastes (mine got confiscated at boarding) and so on is exceptional. There's also a nice sports bar adjacent that improved the quality of my evening. They even have free WIRED internet.

The amenities are not so good, the faucet was leaking, bath tap problematically operational, desk chair inconvenient and the small refrigerator noisy. There also was no overhead light in the room. The free breakfast is very modest, far from the European BB I am used to.

During the evening I heard noises from the adjacent room, but the night was very quiet.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Cjelli

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and I am happy to hear you found our service to be excellent. Hope to see you again soon. Thanks, Laura

Reviewed 17 September 2011

Room was very clean, bed was comfortable, staff was friendly and efficient. But, there were a few small annoyances. To wit:
1. Air conditioner cranked out the cold air, but would occassionally emit a loud wheezing, gurgling sound (sort of like a Model T starting up). We called the desk shortly after checkin, they said "Don't worry about that noise, it's normal". Well, if it's normal it shouldn't be! Call an HVAC guy. Having said that, I was pretty tired that night and it didn't keep me awake.
2. The hotel boasts an airport shuttle (McCarron is 10 minutes away). They called a few days before the trip and said the shuttle was wouldn't be running during our stay. No credit was offered for the inconvenience; rather, our party had to make two separate airport runs for different flight times.
3. Wireless internet was out of order for several hours on departure day. No explanation was given.
4. Hotel's gym consists of four home-gym quality aerobic machines and a television. I looked forward to a nice workout on the bike while watching TV after dropping my friends for their early-morning flight. Unfortunately, the bike was stuck in super-hard mode, no matter how I adjusted the machine. I then moved to an eliptical machine, which eventually worked right after lots of fiddling and restarting it several times. It was wobbly and a bit rickety, like you might expect in an overused cheap piece of equipment. Come on, Holiday Inn! Invest in some decent equipment! For a few thousand dollars you could have a real business-quality hotel workout room. To add insult to injury, there was no remote control available, and the TV seemed to require one (couldn't turn it on by pushing buttons on front panel), so I wasn't able to watch TV either.
The hotel is clean, new, and bright. It's staffed by enthusiastic and friendly staff. And these complaints are minor in the big picture, so I gave HI Express three stars. But the general impression is that the place is run on a shoestring budget, and the owner is unwilling/unable to put any money into the property.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Thank You for your review, we are glad you chose to stay with us. We do appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of items that did not meet your expectations. We strive to deliver a fabulous stay for every guest. We hope to see you again soon in Las Vegas. Thanks, Laura

Reviewed 25 August 2011

Very clean and great staff. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Thank You for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again! Thanks, Laura

Reviewed 5 July 2011

Pros: very nice, newer hotel, friendly, pleasant staff. Maids do a fantastic job of keeping rooms very clean. Free breakfast (nothing special, just dry cereal, instant oatmeal, "do it yourself" waffle machine, toast, muffins, juice; could use some hot items and fresh fruit--bananas were stale). Also, free morning paper, computers, and airport shuttle. Easy access to Hwy 215 and fast food restaurants.

HUGE (and only) Con: Unfortunately, this nice property is located DIRECTLY under the takeoff flight path of jet traffic from McCarren Airport, so you are treated to a symphony of non-stop, loud noise from morning to midnight. I tried switching rooms to a lower floor but could still hear the air traffic, so the walls are obviously too thin. Once the traffic FINALLY stopped at midnight, I could here the couple in the next room chatting until 3 AM.

I'm really sorry to give such a nice place a thumbs down (and the only reason is the noise), but even the nicest hotels can be ruined by a lousy night's sleep as my stay was. And I don't think I'm being oversensitive. (I asked another gent sharing my elevator ride if he got any sleep. He rolled his tired eyes incredulously and said "No.") I'll admit I am a bit ticked because when I checked in, I specifically requested a "quiet room" and explained to the desk clerk that I lived in Vegas but was treating myself to a quiet hotel stay to escape the loud July 4th fireworks noise in my neighborhood. He didn't say a word about the constant air-traffic when I checked in. I would have appreciated a diplomatic heads up so I could have avoided throwing away $114. on a sleepless night of constant noise.

If you are deaf or are lulled to sleep by the constant drone of airplanes taking off, you will love this place. For 99% of the rest of us, consider yourself warned.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo