Room was very clean, bed was comfortable, staff was friendly and efficient. But, there were a few small annoyances. To wit:
1. Air conditioner cranked out the cold air, but would occassionally emit a loud wheezing, gurgling sound (sort of like a Model T starting up). We called the desk shortly after checkin, they said "Don't worry about that noise, it's normal". Well, if it's normal it shouldn't be! Call an HVAC guy. Having said that, I was pretty tired that night and it didn't keep me awake.
2. The hotel boasts an airport shuttle (McCarron is 10 minutes away). They called a few days before the trip and said the shuttle was wouldn't be running during our stay. No credit was offered for the inconvenience; rather, our party had to make two separate airport runs for different flight times.
3. Wireless internet was out of order for several hours on departure day. No explanation was given.
4. Hotel's gym consists of four home-gym quality aerobic machines and a television. I looked forward to a nice workout on the bike while watching TV after dropping my friends for their early-morning flight. Unfortunately, the bike was stuck in super-hard mode, no matter how I adjusted the machine. I then moved to an eliptical machine, which eventually worked right after lots of fiddling and restarting it several times. It was wobbly and a bit rickety, like you might expect in an overused cheap piece of equipment. Come on, Holiday Inn! Invest in some decent equipment! For a few thousand dollars you could have a real business-quality hotel workout room. To add insult to injury, there was no remote control available, and the TV seemed to require one (couldn't turn it on by pushing buttons on front panel), so I wasn't able to watch TV either.
The hotel is clean, new, and bright. It's staffed by enthusiastic and friendly staff. And these complaints are minor in the big picture, so I gave HI Express three stars. But the general impression is that the place is run on a shoestring budget, and the owner is unwilling/unable to put any money into the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Las Vegas Hotel Offers Close Access to McCarran International Airport Ideally located near McCarran International Airport LAS), our Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Las Vegas provides access to local businesses, as well as to the famous Las Vegas Strip. Leisure travelers will enjoy staying at our Las Vegas, Nevada hotel as they explore all the exciting attractions Las Vegas has to offer. Our hotel is minutes from the Las Vegas Strip and Fremont Street, where you will find the world's best dining, shopping and entertainment. Nature lovers can take a short drive to the beautiful Red Rock Recreation Area, and avid shoppers can enjoy the Las Vegas Outlet Mall or the Fashion Show Mall. Our Las Vegas hotel is convenient to businesses including Sierra Pacific, Boyd Gaming, Harrah's Entertainment, Southwest Gas and Spring Valley Medical Center. If you're attending a conference, both the Las Vegas Convention Center and the World Market Center are close to our hotel. While staying at our charming Las Vegas hotel, you can enjoy a swim in the outdoor pool or a workout in the fitness center. You can start each morning with the free Express Start hot breakfast bar, featuring our signature cinnamon rolls. Free high-speed, wireless Internet access throughout the hotel keeps you connected during your stay. Check out our great Las Vegas hotel deals, and book your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Agoda and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Las Vegas
- Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Holiday Inn