Ways to Experience Gray Line Las Vegas
from US$ 397.99
from US$ 139.99
from US$ 219.99
2,247 results
All reviews bus driver west rim hoover dam grand canyon driver thomas guano point boat ride sky walk safe driver great driver lake mead great trip vip tour picked up from our hotel the entire trip boulder city recommend this trip
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Our family were booked onto the South Rim Grand Canyon tour, all of us were super excited to see the beautiful Grand Canyon. We were picked up from our hotel at 6:30am, and after picking up from several other hotels we were taken to a 'check in' centre - this is where the trip took a turn for the worst. Firstly we were queued for just under two hours to attain wist bands which signalled which tour we were allocated to. Whilst we understand this may be a necessary procedure, to bring in everyone at once and put them into one winding queue with only three persons 'checking them in' seems ridiculous when it could of so easily been staggered with different times. Furthermore the staff, namely 'Randy' seemed more interested in up-selling expensive VIP packages, and making sarcastic remarks than explaining the tour people had actually bought onto. To make matters worse, we were told that our tour would not be inclusive of the hoover dam, which me and my family were extremely excited to see as part of the tour. The member of staff vaguely explained we couldn't visit under 'federal Government' regulations, despite it being advertised and included in the price and the West Rim tour being allowed to visit which made zero sense to us and everyone else. Eventually myself and others complained about this, and although met with some degree of reluctance, one of the member of staff offered for us to be upgraded to the West Rim tour free of charge which was much appreciated in light of the situation.

Once boarded onto the bus with reserved seats, the tour improved massively - the bus was lovely and modern, the drive was considerably quick given the distance and out driver Thomas was in his own league... He cracked us up multiple times, whilst being super informative and made the tour enjoyable for the whole family - he is truly a credit to the gray line tours.

The time spent at the Grand Canyon was unbelievable, we had a comfortable four hours at the site, which meant there was plenty of time to explore! With an efficient shuttle system (despite the long queues) we were able to see both points, and would highly recommend the sky walk for a surreal experience. We were told to be back at the meeting point by half three, unfortunately a few of the guests were 40 mins late, meaning our departure was delayed, although this is beyond the tours control, obtaining contact numbers for these situations wouldn't of gone amiss.

Overall, despite a poor and unorganised start which could be easily resolved with a little more thought, the day ended on a high with thanks to the gentlemen who sought for our upgrade to the west rim tour (which we were super grateful for!) Thomas driver and obviously of course beauty that is the Grand Canyon!

ED F, General Manager at Gray Line Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Isabella0099,

Thank you for being a Gray Line customer and providing feedback. I would like to aplogize for your terminal experience, normally we have a lot more staff, however due to unforeseen issues we were a bit short staffed on your date- we do apologize. We are very happy that after the formalities were taken care, that you day with us improved and that our driver/guide Thomas was able to enhance you day at the West Rim. Of course, the Canyon is simply stunningly beautiful and the SkyWalk does provide a unique viewing opportunity, what with the Canyon 4000 feet beneath your feet as you walk on the U shaped glass bottomed bridge.

On behalf of my entire staff I want you to know that we are eagerly looking forward to seeing you on another Gray Line tour when you next return to fabulous Las Vegas- perhaps one to check out the inside working of the mighty and beautiful Hoover Dam.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We had a FANTASTIC DAY with Kevin L. He made the trip fun and informative. The Mercedes van was comfortable and had WiFi. Kevin went out of his way to make sure our every need was taken care of. The best tip was to go to the last stop first. We beat the crowds and got the best pictures. A perfect day from start to finish.

Dear Deborah D,

Thanks for the nice post regarding your Grand Canyon tour experience with Gray Line. We are all very happy that you enjoyed your visit with us to the awe-inspiring Grand Canyon and that our driver/guide Kevin was able to enhance your enjoyment of this wonder of nature. I would also agree with you that Guano Point is the best viewpoint and the views are simply amazing!

We are proud members of the global family of nearly 200 Gray Line tour companies and on behalf of everyone at Gray Line around the world, I want you to know that we are all eagerly looking forward to seeing you on another Gray Line tour sometime soon....and with 3500+ adventures spread over 6 continents, we will always have a great tour waiting for you.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Purchased the coach trip to west rim plus skywalk. Have to reconfirm booking 24hrs prior. Pick up at 6.15am and driven to depot where everyone is herded into a holding area where you are up sold options of luxury travel. For another $210 we were booked onto a Mercedes Sprinter. Complimentary breakfast area and unlimited water on trip with direct early return to hotel. That’s it. The rest is the same as the coach. Only reason you get back earlier is that you leave canyon earlier and told to avoid first stop at canyon. Waste of money as driver supposedly stopped for petrol (didn’t fill up) - chance for gift shop purchases! Driver as you expect concentrated on driving so put a movie on. Wifi didn’t work either. Canyon was breath taking though. Dangerous yet kids running loose. Stop at hoover dam is on a bridge overlooking dam, not on the actual dam.

Dear xmasjones,

Thanks for being a Gray Line customer and taking the time to post feedback. We would like to take this opportunity to clear up a couple of points. The West Rim shuttle system consists of 3 stops, the first is at Hualapai Ranch, the second is at Eagle Point and the third is at Guano Point. The Hualapai Ranch is a recreations of what an old West town "might" have looked like and is not near the edge of the Canyon. We do suggest that most people allocate their time at Eagle Point, home of the famous glass bottomed SkyWalk and Guano Point where with a bit of effort you can get an amazing 360 degree view of the Colorado River snaking its way along the bottom of the Canyon. As most people go the West Rim to see the Canyon, we believe this suggestion is a good use of time. Additionally, our stop on the return is about halfway back to Vegas, or roughly about the time most customers want us to stop for a quick restroom break.

On behalf of everyone at the nearly 200 companies that make up the Gray Line family around the globe, I want you to know that we are all looking forward to seeing you on another Gray Line tour sometime soon. And with more than 3500 experiences at 700+ locations on 6 continents, we will always have a great experience waiting for you.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I am somewhat easy to please. I can’t really fault the company since I booked the evening before but, the person booking us had our pickup a 20 minute drive away from our hotel. Because I booked late it was too late to call to find out why when I got confirmation (my fault for being undecided). The next morning I got up at 430 to call but ended up getting a reminder call, which was awesome. He took care of it but he didn’t realize there was a stop at my hotel and we had planned to go across the street but happened to run into the bus on our way out. Pickup is at 540.

Enoch (I think that’s the spelling, bus 5624) did a great job and there was a naggy women on the tour and he was polite and just listened and said he would talk to someone about her complaints that were not even anything to complain about. He did a good job and kept us informed about what was happening. He drove safe and I thought he was an excellent driver. He did well on the tour.

It went down hill on our return when we Transfered from #5624 to the driver taking us to our hotel. The driver was rude to Man about helping with wheelchair. Literally said “you big enough you could have thrown this on yourself” . Never addressed the passengers with directions. Had an attitude when people asked him questions. Was angry that people were slow getting off but literally no one knew their hotel was coming up because he never announced anything. He was rude. Drove fast and ran red light. He does not like his job. He was so close to hitting pedestrians it was actually scary. When the naggy women asked a question I was a little nervous for her but she could sense his aggression and backed off. We were in a tunnel at a hotel and he laid on his horn so loud and long honking at a car. The hotel staff was approaching our bus but the car finally moved before they got there. He is horrible. He was angry and driving angry. He was almost running over pedestrians thank god they moved. He was blowing at a driver in front of him because he wanted to turn but the car in front of him was waiting to go straight. He should not be driving tourist!!

ED F, General Manager at Gray Line Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi xyia,

I want to thank you for being a Gray Line customer and taking the time to post a review. While we are happy that you enjoyed the tour provided by our driver/guide Enoch, we would like to apologize for the unprofessional behavior of his relief driver. We do expect all of our employees to be both professional and courteous at all times, so you can be assured that we will look into this matter and take the necessary corrective measures.

We also hope that in the future you give us a new opportunity to show you how well our tours normally operate and how polite and courteous our employees treat our valued customers.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

FIRST THINGS FIRST... YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY TIME TO DO ANY TRAILS! THE TOTAL ON FOOT TIME. IS LESS THAN TWO HOURS INCLUDING TOILET BREAKS. I have been a victim of sales marketing tricks and was given wrongful information about this tour by one of Viator customer service representatives. I was told that I will have 4 hours to explore grand canyon south Rim. I was told I will land in Grand Canyon at 11 am. I did not see the description of the tour as I did not have internet access so I was relying on the information provided on the phone to me. I told the person on the phone to send me the details on my email and I will check it out and give her a ring back but she said it is selling out fast as it is Easter holiday so I kind off rushed into it. We first stopped to have lunch in a restaurant and waited for people that went to IMAX experience until 13:30 and we couldn't leave the building until then and after that we only had two stops: one was 50 minutes long (Mather point) and another was roughly the same. During this time we were rushing around to make sure to be back on time. Now this was a once in a life time opportunity for me travelling from Europe... I will never get to see Grand Canyon again and I was willing to pay whatever it took to see it. If I knew I will barely have 2 hours to explore the canyon with this tour. I would NEVER sign up for it! They have told me on the phone that I will have 4 hours which would be more than double of what I really got. VIATOR AND GREY LINE stole the opportunity from me to enjoy the canyon and I will never book another tour using Viator because I do not trust these guys! Don't know who to even blame, Viator should either take this up with Grey line who facilitated the tour or stop missinforming their customers. And another thing that pissed me off was when the driver announced at the end of the tour that it is an American custom to give tips and even made suggestions of how much (10 dollars per person!) . Then he stood outside and collected them! What a joke! I know that waiters in US get tips as they don't get well paid but this driver guy gets paid probably better than I do on and I have gone to college for 5 years! Another thing to watch out for is to wear warm clothes as THE BUS WAS FREEZING COLD and many passengers didn't take their jackets off for the entire journey.

1  Thank Lenka F

Dear Lenka F,

Here at Gray Line Las Vegas we are sorry that you did not enjoy your day with us. Anyone checking our literature, or our website, would clearly see what our day tours to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon entail. We are sorry that your vendor provided you with inaccurate information and would suggest that you contact them. I would add that for people that are looking for a very immersive South Rim experience that includes hiking the trails, no day tour from Las Vegas would be sufficient and that they should look in going to the South Rim with the intention of spending, at a very minimum, 1 night (preferably 2) at the National Park. The best that a day trip from Las Vegas (and its the closest major city) to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon will provide is a taste of the experience that includes the amazing scenic views. We do wish you well in your future travel adventures.