“You are treated like royalty!”

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Ranked #61 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Jose, California
“You are treated like royalty!”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My husband and I came here for our mini honeymoon before taking off to our real honeymoon.

OH MY GOSH! Someone had to pry my fingers off of the door frame before I could leave.

Right after booking, a prearrival coordinator calls you to help you plan and book shows, restaurants, spas, etc and they send you an itinerary.

We arrived at McCarren and a driver was already there waiting and took us to our Ghost! Chilled Voss water was already waiting for us and the car was perfect temp. Thirsty when you get off the plane? NO WORRIES... she had a whole case of water in case we got THAT thirsty during the 10 minute drive from the airport to the Skylofts at MGM.

You arrive at your own entrance and are taken up by an arrival coordinator to the elevator and up to your room. We got the 1 bedroom apartment and it felt massive for just the 2 of us. We sign some papers and are offered some welcome juice and introduced to our butler. They had our itinierary for us in the room as well with our booking confirmation to shows/restaurants/spas that our prearrival coordinator helped us with. They also had free chilled champagne for us as they new we had just gotten married! The butler showed us around our suite and showed us how to use the centrion remote that controls the shades, blackout shades, lighting, music, television, and temperature. If during the summer, I recommend keeping the AC on blast as the skylofts are on the top floor and the sun is beating it all day long.

The bathroom is super spacious with an infinity tub. They are not strong jets. The jets send out little champagne bubbles instead of a full force one in a jacuzzi. You can set the color lights of the tub while you are soaking in it too. There is a TV in the mirror by the sink and also one in front of the tub. The whole place is surround sound and you have access to all movies for free, with some being very new, not out on DVD yet movies.

The shower is AAAAAAmazing!! There were two shower heads and a steam function!

We had breakfast reservations at caesars and a taxi was ready and waiting for us when we got downstairs. When we got back, we were offered Voss water by the entrance. We had access to the Skyloft/VIP lounge, which has access to private elevators and snacks/drinks in the lounge. When we got back, our cake that we had ordered was on the table and they had rose petals strewn across the table! We also gave our butler some items to press and it was ready and hanging in our closet!

Our fridge was stocked with free sodas and water and some items that we had requested beforehand. Anything that you forgot at home.. don't worry! They have it! Just dial 0 on any phone and your butler will bring it right up for you!

If you request ahead, you can also get personalized stationary and business cards. There is a port for a laptop and printer/copier. Our Wifi didn't work very well which was a little annoying.

There is housekeeping twice a day and they leave little surprises for you each time. We had the concierge arrange for show tickets and they got us AMAZING seats!

When we came back the first night, they had arranged ALL of my makeup on the vanity table neatly and had my jewelry laid out neatly as well. There are complimentary robes and slippers in the closet. BVLGARI bath products.

When you go to the elevators, there is always a concierge in the foyer that greets you by your NAME.

They had our show tickets delivered to us. Whenever we would go down to get a taxi, we'd get the first available one and were offered VOSS water while we wait. I think I have never been AS hydrated as I was during our stay.

The espresso machine was lovely. You can make it yourself or you can call your butler to have it ready for you while you shower or get ready. They provide fresh beans and teas.

If you stay at skylofts, you can eat at the Mansion, which is this great tucked away little place only for high rollers. We ate there for breakfast. It was pretty pricey but it was nice just to go ONCE and see what it was like. It really feels like it is outdoors but its in a temp controlled dome where the highrollers stay in the villas. Our butler met us at our loft door and walked us there so we could find the way.

All of the concierges seem to know our schedule because whenever we got back from something or went to something, they would say, "enjoy the show!" or "how was your meal at craftsteak?" It was nice to get the personalized service.

After the second maid service, they would leave an inspirational quote on the bed with fresh flowers downstairs, upstairs and on the bed. They made sure to set the mood with music and lighting too. Upbeat and bright during the day and dim and softer music at night. It was great!

You also have a DREAM butler as well. There is a pillow menu with ~20 pillows you can choose from and you can just dial 0 and your dream butler will come with the pillows!

Also, if you don't feel like going down yourself and spending more time in your loft, you can order from any restaurant/small shop in MGM and your butler will get it and set it up for you at your table. You can request menus from your concierge and they'll have it to you at your door.

I could go on and on about this. There were soooo many awesome features!

The only cons were:
-Wifi would not work, even when they sent an IT guy up to fix it for us
-Butler would sometimes be slow with requests and we'd have to call twice.. only happened 2 times
-Requested a strip view but did not get it and instead got a view of the airport.. which isn't as bad as the view of hooters on the other side

We are definitely coming back for our anniversary!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
14 Thank gamblnGRL
Skylofts, General Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Congratuations again on your mini-honeymoon! We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Director of Skylofts at MGM Grand
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
south texas
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This was one of the best places I have stayed at in a while. We booked a two story loft. You have your own very special entrance as to skip all lines. With advance booking you could be picked up by a Maybach. There is no check in desk you get up to the top floor some one walks you to your room and a butler checks you in at your dinner table. There are several housekeepers to each room. The walkin closet is huge upstairs in the master. The restroom is decedent and the shower was unreal with a steam feature! There is a TV in your restroom mirror. This is a smart room so everything is controlled by the remote. The dinner area is substantial seating for 6 with a small wet bar. The views are amazing from the room. All the drapes are controlled at a push of a button. The living room is large with a cozy pullout bed our boys stayed on. Room service is delicious. We were treated like royalty. Furthermore the Maybach butler will drive you around with advance notice. the butler left toys for my boys at least twice which was very sweet. We were also given fresh squeezed juice at turn down nightly. If you could ever afford the 1200 or more a night do it! We stayed 4 nights and it felt like home!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank pena5504
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Louisville, KY
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My wife and I traveled to Vegas for a vacation and stayed in the 1 bedroom suite and the 2 bedroom suite while at the resort. I'll make a list of pros/cons of the stay.

Pros:
- Best service I've ever had in Vegas. You get your own Butler that will cater to your every need. My wife and I were celebrating an anniversary and the Butler had a cake waiting in our room one night. Housekeeping is very detailed and will cater to your every request. Staff is always friendly and smiling. They never seemed to tell me no or that they couldn't do something. You definitely get what you pay for.
- In room technology was awesome. You can control the iPod, lights, drapes, temperate and TV from one remote. This was the most technologically advanced room I've ever stayed in.
- Complimentary beverages (non-alcoholic) was a nice touch.
- Amazing bathroom with infiniti tub, sauna shower and rain shower. iPod could be played in the bathroom.
- Transportation. Picked up in the Ghost Rolls-Royce and taken back to the airport in a limo for free.
- Concierge gets it done. If you have a special request, they make it happen. If you use any of the MGM owned sites, you get the best seats/reservations etc.
- Twice daily maid service.
- Amazing in room ambiance.
- Free complimentary movies, most of which were very new.
- Private elevator access.

Cons

- Resort is pricey from the room, tips, food service etc. You get what you pay for, but be sure to include costs beyond just the room.
- 2 Bedroom suite wasn't as nice and intimate as the one bedroom suite. Single shower in the 2BR vs. dual showers in 1BR. 1BR also seemed newer and better cared for. The 2BR suite seemed like it had seen a few parties as evidenced by the carpet spots, felt on the pool table and marks on some of the walls. The MGM may want to do something to keep the property looking pristine in these types of rooms.
- Pool: While the pool was nice and fun, as a skylofts guest, you didn't get the same level of service pool side unless you wanted to rent a cabana for the day. I wouldn't mind paying for a cabana, but I couldn't handle an entire day of 110+ degree heat and therefore get my money's worth for a cabana. I might suggest a skylofts only pool area.
- Spa: Spa service was pleasant, but it looks a little outdated in spots. An upgrade is needed to stay on the same level as the Skylofts.

Overall, I would highly recommend the skylofts for anyone wanting to experience Vegas as a VIP. I booked through my AMEX Fine Resorts and Hotels service and saved some money and got a few extra perks. Will definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a strip view at check-in.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank BrandonUK07
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Congratulations again on your anniversary. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Director of Skylofts
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The skyloft is amazing. Like other posters say, the only downside is you will not want to stay in a regular room after staying here....

We were picked up in 2 limo's (there were 8 of us, and later 9 of us) and taken to the skylofts. It was there I surprised my sister for her bachelorette party, she always wanted to stay in a skyloft.
The concierges were so nice, and our room was not supposed to be ready til 3 pm. I was bummed about saying "surprise!" but then not showing her the room for 7 hours (we arrived at 8 am) - however, the ROOM was ready! This was the best surprise of the weekend for us. It was ready at the crack of dawn! They took us up, gave us a tour and gave us some welcome juice.

The loft is very spacious. We had 9 in the 2 bedroom (the last night only 7 of us) and had plenty of room. We had only one issue w/ asking for 2 rollaway beds 4 times before they were brought to us. There was some huge misunderstanding there.

Later that night, we ate in and had room service. They had a gluten free menu which was important as my sister is celiac. Several got the gluten free chicken and loved it. A few of us got salads which were great. I also surprised my sister with cala lillies and champagne, and while we were at the salon, we came back and the butler helped us have the table all set to surprise her. We brought confetti for the tables. The cala lillies, while very pricey, were some of the nicest flowers I've ever seen in my life. So nice that my sister took them home boxed up on the plane because they were too amazing to leave behind. The dinner was great, however, the fire alarm and warning went off during our entire dinner. It put a damper on our celebratory dinner, but also made for a few laughs. I would say this was probably one of the only negatives of our trip, and I'm guessing, out of their control.

We had an expresso machine and would make fresh tea and coffee in the morning. Your butler will do this for you with one call. We tipped very often. If you stay in the skylofts, I would bring a whole set of money just to use for tipping all weekend long. Between the maid, concierge and butler, lots of tipping going on. Sodas and water are free, which is a great bonus.

There were little touches and surprises that really made the room wonderful. My sister left her jewelry in a knotted mess. When we returned that night, every earring was paired, and everything organized like you'd see in a jewelry store. They'd also fold any clothes you left on the floor, and sit out little treats like chocolate covered raisins. The most amazing thing housekeeping did, was they took our confetti mess from dinner, and shaped it into hearts all over the room wishing my sister congratulations for her upcoming wedding. This was just such a nice touch.

You would also come home and the lights would be dimmed, shades drawn, bed made with a flower on it, and spa music playing softly!

Everything is very high tech, from the cd player, to the remote that works most everything in the room, even to the bathtub that turns colors while you soak in it. In fact, I would joke that every night it took me 20 minutes to get the rooms ready to go to bed with figuring out the lights, shade, music, etc....and it wasn't much of an exaggeration!

I would HIGHLY recommend the skylofts for a special occassion. I think you will find that the extra money you spend on this room makes up for itself with service, perks, beverages, snacks, etc. All the little touches do add up. I can't say I will ever want to stay anywhere else in Vegas again. It definitely spoils you. i could have lived in this home with my children. It was that big! There were rooms I didn't even get a chance to sit in while there. The other nice thing is it forces you to spend more time in the room than you normally would, which offers an opportunity for bonding, and fun times that you may not have if you were out and about. It gives peace and serenity in a town full of wild times and exhausting behavior! What a nice treat. I will definitely be saving my money and returning!

You will love the skylofts. You will absolutely NOT regret treating yourself or a loved one! It will be the best decision you ever made.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: We had room 20 and it was wonderful.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank joeybagz312
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Congratulations again on your families recent celebrations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Director of Skylofts
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed in the two bedroom SkyLOFT and all I can say is that it was amazing from beginning to end. We had one hiccup with the initial courtesy transportation (Ghost Rolls-Royce!) going to the wrong place, but it was quickly sorted out and every other detail of our arrival was perfect (greeted at the door, escorted to private elevator, in-room check in with butler waiting to greet us by the door, all of our preferences honored).

The rooms are more like large apartments than hotel rooms (3000 sq ft on two levels). Every amenity is top notch (pool table, media room, fully-automated music/drapes/lights, tv's in every room including two in bathroom, steam shower, complimentary Voss water and sodas, $2,000 espresso machine, butler, complimentary clothes pressing, and on and on...). The experience is incredible and they make you feel like royalty during your stay with every request that you make being honored and respected. When you want to leave the hotel, they have private exits with a transport waiting for you (first taxi in line is yours, every time! or you can have a limo if you like).

Also, while staying at the SkyLOFT you will be invited to dine at The Mansion! Make sure you take advantage of this exclusive offer even if it's just to have breakfast there.

Even better...the SkyLOFT is one of the AmEx platinum FHR hotels and you will receive all of the AmEx during your stay (early check-in, 4pm check-out, $200 a day credit for breakfast or in-room dining, $100 spa services credit, etc). Not to mention, through AmEx the room is $200 cheaper to book!

Amazing. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DaveUK12360878
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.