“Simply amazing from beginning to end”

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Ranked #45 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Seattle, Washington
“Simply amazing from beginning to end”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed in the two bedroom SkyLOFT and all I can say is that it was amazing from beginning to end. We had one hiccup with the initial courtesy transportation (Ghost Rolls-Royce!) going to the wrong place, but it was quickly sorted out and every other detail of our arrival was perfect (greeted at the door, escorted to private elevator, in-room check in with butler waiting to greet us by the door, all of our preferences honored).

The rooms are more like large apartments than hotel rooms (3000 sq ft on two levels). Every amenity is top notch (pool table, media room, fully-automated music/drapes/lights, tv's in every room including two in bathroom, steam shower, complimentary Voss water and sodas, $2,000 espresso machine, butler, complimentary clothes pressing, and on and on...). The experience is incredible and they make you feel like royalty during your stay with every request that you make being honored and respected. When you want to leave the hotel, they have private exits with a transport waiting for you (first taxi in line is yours, every time! or you can have a limo if you like).

Also, while staying at the SkyLOFT you will be invited to dine at The Mansion! Make sure you take advantage of this exclusive offer even if it's just to have breakfast there.

Even better...the SkyLOFT is one of the AmEx platinum FHR hotels and you will receive all of the AmEx during your stay (early check-in, 4pm check-out, $200 a day credit for breakfast or in-room dining, $100 spa services credit, etc). Not to mention, through AmEx the room is $200 cheaper to book!

Amazing. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DaveUK12360878
Skylofts, General Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Director of Skylofts at MGM Grand
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
leeds uk
Reviewed 18 July 2012

For our daughters wedding we were encouraged to book two midweek nights at Skylofts, a two bedroom suite. Every aspect was top drawer but three major aspects stood out. First of all the walkin jungle shower, mindblowing! Second was the close family meal for ten of us. We were too late to book a table down in MGM Grand so the butler organised for us to order and sit down in our apartment. He served us and all was top class. Finally after the wedding we entertained some of the guests and all had a spectacular experience. Don't miss out, book midweek when rates are not unreasonable.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank paulnpat
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Congratuations again on your daughters wedding. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

New York, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We were in Vegas (my 4th time) for 4 nights. We decided to splurge and get a Saturday night in the Skylofts. Oh.My.God. Even though I was drunk when we first went into the room (just came from Wet Republic) the place blew my mind. We got upgraded to the 2 bedroom skyloft if I'm not mistaken. Eric the butler had escorted us and our bags in and showed us around. There were floor to ceiling windows, a billiards table, piano, and just a crazy amount of room. I got lost (again probably the alcohol) a few times. I have stayed in many different hotels and suites in Vegas but nothing compares to the Skylofts. If you don't mind the price I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank DL1021
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Milwaukee
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Everything was perfect. From the reception at the airport, to being whisked right up to your loft and having everybody waiting for you to arrive, everything was perfect. The concierge who helped us in the morning was such a positive friendly individual. I cannot remember his name, but he used to work for Mystere and even called one of his friends to get us tickets when the box office was closed...what an example of someone who will go well above and beyond what he is asked of. The other staff were truly amazing, especially our butler Christine. Breakfast at the mansion was a spectacular treat as well. My only complaint, which I will state in case someone reads this was the lack of a pool or private pool area. At $2500/night, I think it would be a nice gesture to at least have a skyloft area at the pool. It was quite hectic to head down to the pool and find a place to sit. I think it would be a great addition to add a service like this, or create a private pool area for the skyloft guests.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank MJCMN
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Director of Skylofts
Castle Pines Co
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My fiance and I used this facility for our pre- wedding party. We called about a year in advance and were directed to a casino host who was not very easy to get a hold of during this process. We specificly asked for the two bedrooom with plunge pool because we wanted our guest to be able to stand outside and enjoy the veiw of the strip. As most brides do I spent hours, weeks, months reserching where to have the perfect dinner that night. I looked at you tube to get a better idea of what I was renting. I wanted it to be so perfect. We looked ar several hotels that even had better pricing, but the MGM was always my favorite hotel, so we went with them. We were told we could rent that Skyloft for $4,000 for the night. We asked about pre paying the room to reseve it or if we needed a deposit and she told us no, it was no problem, our room would be ready. I assumed it was because we stay at the MGM about 3 times a year and they looked up my fiances name, but it was because they were not reserving that room for us. We ordered food for 20 people from Nicholas who was more than helpful and easy to deal with. Appetizers for 20 ran about $700. We also rented two cabanas at the pool that were $1400 but that money was used as a food and beverage credit at the pool.
The room rates they quoted for our group were about the same price as online, but I was able to get a way better deal on travel zoo. We were told all of our guests would have players cards issued to them and ready when they checked in, and that all of our groups play would be credited to us so that we could use any comps available. We were also told the casino host would meet us upon check in and take some itineraries we printed up for our guest and make sure they recieved them. None of this happened. The man who checked us in at the counter said we would absolutely not be allowed to have guests in the Skylofts then told my fiance right in front of me that his friend owned a bus which would take all the guys out to several strip clubs on a guys party. He was getting ready to invest in this party bus business with his friend so he could guarantee the guys would have the time of their lives. I guess I was just going to entertain the girls and our parents by myself? He lied to us to drum up business for his friend and eventually himself. When we finally reached the casino host later that evening she didn't seem to care, and said that we would be allowed to have guests in the Skyloft.
We spent a good amount of time the first night getting all of our guests players cards on our own. We were supopsed to get a call to tell us which cabanas we were going to be in so we could tell our guests, but never got the call. Found out later they called one of our guests rooms early the next morning and woke them up to tell them. On a good note we got the Cabanas we asked for, Steve our host was awesome (we have him every year at our pool party and love him) and the pool party was amazing.
During the pool party, my fiance and I went to check in to the Skyloft for the party later. We were escorted up to a room that not only had no outdoor deck, but a view of the airport. We told them it was he wrong room, but they could do nothing to help us. I was so bummed. They said we could have the wrong room for $1000. I had to take it because it was too late to rebook anywhere else on two hours notice. The staff felt bad after we showed them our email we had sent a year ago requesting the other room and said they would try to get us all into Mix or the Foundation Room to have a drink so everyone could have the veiw I wanted for them. They did get us into the Foundation Room but once our guests were up there and seated, we were told we had to order 3 bottles to stay. We didn't want to be have to tell our guests we all had to leave and cause a big mess so $1200 later I finally had somewhat of a veiw. A quick drink for everyone turned into a couple hours trying to drink the bottles and our plans of gambling and having fun were cut back by a few hours.
Upon check out some of our guests were given comps for rooms and things. We recieved no comps. When my fiance finally got in touch with the casino host after aririving home (our group flew from Vegas to Mexico where we got married) we were told by the casino host that we got no comps brcause they gave us the (wrong) room for $1,000. She was supposed to call us back about the other guests recieving the comps we were supposed to get since we paid for the whole trip for everyone, and about the rude man who checked us in, about the mix up on the players cards, about the wrong room, and about the Foundation Room, but that was a couple weeks ago and nobody has returned our call. I promised my fiance I would wait to write a review until they has a chance to at least apologize for this mess, but nobody has bothered and I think it is important that people know this happened. This was never about the comps, That was the casino hosts promise that if people gambled enough we would get comped. Unfortunatly we spent too much time trying to fix the mistakes they made to gamble. But I was willing from day one to pay the $4000 for the right room. They should have told us we may not get that exact room so that I could have found another hotel that would give me what I wanted. These rooms are beautiful if you just want to upgade, but do not risk an important party on them. Especially a wedding week that you want to be perfect.

Room Tip: These Skyloft rooms are beautiful if you are just looking for an upgrade, but I don't recomend t...