Skylofts at MGM Grand
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$ 333
US$ 33
US$ 59
US$ 22
  • Pool
Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$ 107
US$ 73
Very Good 4/5
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$ 112
US$ 94
  • Pool
The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$ 95
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsbedroom loftbutler servicesky loftssteam showerinfinity tubespresso machinepre arrivalpillow menuprivate elevatorchampagne bubblesfree moviesmedia roomprivate butlerairport pickconcierge teamtop floorvip lounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My fiance and I used this facility for our pre- wedding party. We called about a year in advance and were directed to a casino host who was not very easy to get a hold of during this process. We specificly asked for the two bedrooom with plunge pool because we wanted our guest to be able to stand outside and enjoy the veiw of the strip. As most brides do I spent hours, weeks, months reserching where to have the perfect dinner that night. I looked at you tube to get a better idea of what I was renting. I wanted it to be so perfect. We looked ar several hotels that even had better pricing, but the MGM was always my favorite hotel, so we went with them. We were told we could rent that Skyloft for $4,000 for the night. We asked about pre paying the room to reseve it or if we needed a deposit and she told us no, it was no problem, our room would be ready. I assumed it was because we stay at the MGM about 3 times a year and they looked up my fiances name, but it was because they were not reserving that room for us. We ordered food for 20 people from Nicholas who was more than helpful and easy to deal with. Appetizers for 20 ran about $700. We also rented two cabanas at the pool that were $1400 but that money was used as a food and beverage credit at the pool.
The room rates they quoted for our group were about the same price as online, but I was able to get a way better deal on travel zoo. We were told all of our guests would have players cards issued to them and ready when they checked in, and that all of our groups play would be credited to us so that we could use any comps available. We were also told the casino host would meet us upon check in and take some itineraries we printed up for our guest and make sure they recieved them. None of this happened. The man who checked us in at the counter said we would absolutely not be allowed to have guests in the Skylofts then told my fiance right in front of me that his friend owned a bus which would take all the guys out to several strip clubs on a guys party. He was getting ready to invest in this party bus business with his friend so he could guarantee the guys would have the time of their lives. I guess I was just going to entertain the girls and our parents by myself? He lied to us to drum up business for his friend and eventually himself. When we finally reached the casino host later that evening she didn't seem to care, and said that we would be allowed to have guests in the Skyloft.
We spent a good amount of time the first night getting all of our guests players cards on our own. We were supopsed to get a call to tell us which cabanas we were going to be in so we could tell our guests, but never got the call. Found out later they called one of our guests rooms early the next morning and woke them up to tell them. On a good note we got the Cabanas we asked for, Steve our host was awesome (we have him every year at our pool party and love him) and the pool party was amazing.
During the pool party, my fiance and I went to check in to the Skyloft for the party later. We were escorted up to a room that not only had no outdoor deck, but a view of the airport. We told them it was he wrong room, but they could do nothing to help us. I was so bummed. They said we could have the wrong room for $1000. I had to take it because it was too late to rebook anywhere else on two hours notice. The staff felt bad after we showed them our email we had sent a year ago requesting the other room and said they would try to get us all into Mix or the Foundation Room to have a drink so everyone could have the veiw I wanted for them. They did get us into the Foundation Room but once our guests were up there and seated, we were told we had to order 3 bottles to stay. We didn't want to be have to tell our guests we all had to leave and cause a big mess so $1200 later I finally had somewhat of a veiw. A quick drink for everyone turned into a couple hours trying to drink the bottles and our plans of gambling and having fun were cut back by a few hours.
Upon check out some of our guests were given comps for rooms and things. We recieved no comps. When my fiance finally got in touch with the casino host after aririving home (our group flew from Vegas to Mexico where we got married) we were told by the casino host that we got no comps brcause they gave us the (wrong) room for $1,000. She was supposed to call us back about the other guests recieving the comps we were supposed to get since we paid for the whole trip for everyone, and about the rude man who checked us in, about the mix up on the players cards, about the wrong room, and about the Foundation Room, but that was a couple weeks ago and nobody has returned our call. I promised my fiance I would wait to write a review until they has a chance to at least apologize for this mess, but nobody has bothered and I think it is important that people know this happened. This was never about the comps, That was the casino hosts promise that if people gambled enough we would get comped. Unfortunatly we spent too much time trying to fix the mistakes they made to gamble. But I was willing from day one to pay the $4000 for the right room. They should have told us we may not get that exact room so that I could have found another hotel that would give me what I wanted. These rooms are beautiful if you just want to upgade, but do not risk an important party on them. Especially a wedding week that you want to be perfect.

Room Tip: These Skyloft rooms are beautiful if you are just looking for an upgrade, but I don't recomend them for a gathering or party. And make sure yo ask for documentation on which room you are recieving.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
38  Thank SuzMcQ
Skylofts, General Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for allowing our team to discuss this unfortunate stay with you over the phone. We hope that you will return to Skylofts so that we may restore your faith in us.

Jamie Laina
Director of Skylofts at MGM Grand

Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

Unbelievable! Flight in at 8am. Picked up in rolls Royce ghost, taken directly up to loft! Yes, it was ready! Champagne and fruit waiting thanks to my travel agent. Breakfast delivered and set up every morning. Butler sneaked out and called me to let me know it was ready. $80 per person continental breakfast but worth it. Arranged limo to downtown for a charge but again, worth it! Cabana pool side $600 a day. Don't just think of the room cost. It is a lot more! For just 2 nights left $100 tip to butler, $60 to concierge and $50 to house keeping. Flight left at 5pm and gave me a 3pm check out. Had 3 friends not staying in lofts and arranged comp limo to airport for all of us. Top notch all the way!

• Stayed: April 2012
6  Thank Jesstang67
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I cant really begin to describe just how amazing MGM Skylofts are. They're unlike any hotel I've ever experienced before (and Ive stayed in some real nice places), but I'll try anyway.

Firstly, every aspect of your stay is planned to make sure you're never left wanting for anything. From the moment you enter skylofts, you're treated like royalty.
I could mention all the really amazing touches, but most other people have reviewed those, so lets just say you will be blown away.

All of the staff, from the cleaners, to the butlers, to the concierge, are at the top of their game and excellent at what they do. Granted SkyLofts is not cheap, expect to pay around $1200 a night for a 2 bed suite, or an eye-watering $5000 a night for a 2 bed balcony suite.
Dont make the mistake I did and assume that all skylofts have a balcony. There are only 2 of them in the whole hotel with a pool and balcony.

I spent a long time planning what hotel to stay at, and I have to say, the decor at skylofts is amazing. I checked other luxury Vegas hotels but even the Bellagio looked tacky and a bit distasteful to me.

If you stay at SkyLofts, be sure to take advantage of eating at the Mansion (available only to SkyLoft guests and high rollers). This is some of the best food Ive ever tasted in my life, and coupled with some amazing cocktails and attentive staff, it was a really memorable experience. Not to mention you get VIP escorted through the casino on the way to the restaurant, which doesn't hurt the ego ;-)

Room service deserves a mention. There are about 10-12 restaurants in MGM, and you can pick and choose any mix of dishes from any of them, and have them delivered to your room in less than 40 minutes. We had some amazing burgers in our loft at 5am (arrived within 20 minutes), and a delicious lobster benedict at 10am.

Theres a whole heap of other services, such as in-room massages, and complimentary suit pressing. Be nice to the butler and cleaners, they're just normal people but have to act professional. Its customary to tip, I dont know what the going rate is but for a 2 day stay we tipped butler $100, cleaners $50 and concierge $50.
We were also treated to a ride in a Rolls Royce Ghost who kindly dropped us off at the airport, but you can also get chauffeur driven to anywhere within reason if you ask for it.

SkyLofts is a truly amazing place, and its set the bar so high Im not sure I'll ever be impressed by another hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The hotel provided great customer service and were always helping when needed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank carrie1627
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We have been a guest at the skylofts for a few years now. We are invited by friends of ours once or twice a year. I can say that the service is like nothing I have ever seen. The lobby that you enter before going to your room changes through out the day and evening. Candles at one time, a bar at another, flowers changing from day to day. On the second day we came back to our beds made, flowers tucked onto the pillow, slippers on the bedside, shade drawn and the music lightly playing. The butlers will step to the side of the hall ways as you walk past. The food and presentation are amazing. The butlers arrange the table with place mats, and a flower arrangement. It goes without saying that the room, view, car service, and cleanliness are all outstanding.

Room Tip: we have had rooms with a view of all, the pool, the airport, and the strip and my least favorite was the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends