“Heavenly”

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Ranked #49 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We have been a guest at the skylofts for a few years now. We are invited by friends of ours once or twice a year. I can say that the service is like nothing I have ever seen. The lobby that you enter before going to your room changes through out the day and evening. Candles at one time, a bar at another, flowers changing from day to day. On the second day we came back to our beds made, flowers tucked onto the pillow, slippers on the bedside, shade drawn and the music lightly playing. The butlers will step to the side of the hall ways as you walk past. The food and presentation are amazing. The butlers arrange the table with place mats, and a flower arrangement. It goes without saying that the room, view, car service, and cleanliness are all outstanding.

Room Tip: we have had rooms with a view of all, the pool, the airport, and the strip and my least favorite was...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank guesswhoWisconsin
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Have been to vegas a few times in the past. Have stayed in ARIA sky suites andBellagio Executive suites. MGM Skylofts is in a league of its own.

From pick-up to drop off the service was impeccable. There was a guide and the room had a amazing set up. View was breathtaking. Soda and water was included which was greatly appreciated. Picked up tickets for multiple shows that I had booked before I arrived. Concierge was only too happy to help with booking tours and weren't always looking for a tip. The bathroom/steam shower/spa and large walk in wardrobe is unlike anything I've seen in the past.

Definitely deserves its rating and is in a class of its own in the Vegas. Would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for a View of Vegas as opposed to the Airport
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PhilHuang
Reviewed 10 March 2012

a suite of very large with plenty of space to relax inside, the windows are huge and all the room you can admire perte las vegas.all 'interior is also a sauna with a window across from las vegas, inside is nice because the parties oraganizzare sky is equipped with an impressive sound system ... this room gave me emotions impressive ... the view is beautiful!!! good journey to all!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank daviworldtour
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This is beyond anything you ever find anywhere in the world.
I see some has said this is not as good as it should be, but they must have been here a long time a go.. This place is unique!
We stayed in a two bedroom skyloft, and it has all the amenities you might expect and some more as well.
The beds are amazing, and the view is the best at the strip, looking directly at the New York New York. The butler service was brilliant, and we were looked after like royals.
And of course, a run in with P. Diddy in the hall way tells that this is a high class hotel.
We had all the different menues for all the restaurants in the hotel delivered, and ordered from 3 different restaurants. Amazing!
Service in the front desk by the Skylofts upstairs is polite, speedy and just the best.
Breakfast we had at the Mansion at MGM Grand, which is not much know to anyone, but it was very very nice touch to enjoy breakfast at such a unique place!

Just one complaint: The woman at the welcome desk at the main floor needs to learn from all the others, both to smile and to be polite. She was not a good way to start our stay, but from that point up it was a steep upwards!!

If you might want to splash some money at a hotel, this is the place to do so!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank ann_travellinggirl
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Never thought I would get to stay at Skylofts. But, as I hadn't been to Vegas in over 2 years, I felt some indulgence was warranted. A reasonable rate during my stay sealed the deal so I booked them. Made the arrangements via email for airport pickup and mentioned I required a smoking loft. Overall my stay was excellent, but there were a few minor lapses that will be highlighted below.

Arrived and found a guy with a sign with my name on it just outside the gate. Nice service that I thought was outlawed since 9/11, but guess MGM gets whatever they want. He escorted me to the waiting Rolls just outside the baggage claim. Quick ride to the Skylofts entrance, where a bell hop was waiting along with a concierge. She leads me to the private skylofts elevators and up we go.

Butler waiting with the door to the loft held open. Sign some paperwork in the loft and the butler shows me around the suite and takes some requests for beverages for the minibar. She returns a short while longer with one of them, but says the other will have to wait till the morning (it was after midnight already). I notice no ashtrays in the loft and she finds one hidden in a cabinet and promises to bring more. Well I had to ask for them in the morning again, and then in the afternoon again until they showed up.

So I explore the 1 bedroom loft a bit. Bathroom is almost unbeatable. Steam shower with 6 different jets. Large infinity pool was nice in theory, in practice I found the jets underwhelming, the light show silly, and most importanly it was damn near impossible to get out of. Naturally I slipped and got a nice bruise on my shin. Toilet room could use some decoration, a TV would be even better. Closet is fantastic, no shortage of hangers, drawers, mirrors, light. Huge laptop-friendly safe.

Bedroom was fantastic, though a bit small and cramped. Plenty of pillow choices and I found one I liked which is very rare (prefer very thin, hard feather pillow).

Dining room, living room, office were all as expected in a room of this caliber. Only thing underwhelming in the living areas was the TV, an easily 10 year old Bang and Olufson that certainly cost plenty when it was new, but a room of this prestige deserves a TV that blows you away. Put a 72" screen up on the wall!

Now on to the services. I utilized their offer to press clothes on a daily basis. Once my beverage choices arrived (took a little while on the special request of Lipton Green Tea with Citrus), I couldn't have been happier. Restocked daily and was awesome not having to purchase them in the expensive gift shop. I booked with a $50 in-room dining credit every day. Utilized it twice for breakfast, and thoroughly enjoyed both the food and the experience. Ordered breakfast at 3am one day and there was no hesitation in service or quality. A bit pricey sure, but the $50 credit covered it no problem. Concierge experiences were a mixed bag. I asked some questions and rarely got a good answer or it took a while. Was looking for two unique things and they could not locate either. Nice to have around, but not a full on casino-host type of experience.

So, overall impression? I think I will book my future trips to vegas around the Skylofts rate calendar! Don't think I can stay anywhere else when I'm there.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo