“NOT GOOD”
Review of The Maple Tree Cafe - CLOSED

The Maple Tree Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a breakfast and lunch cafe specializing in homemade breakfast with a New England sugarhouse twist. We have freshly made buttermilk pancakes, red velvet pancakes, buttermilk biscuit breakfast sliders, and daily lunch specials to name a few!
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My daughter had the day off so we decided to go to The Maple Tree, she had eaten there quite sometime ago and raved about the monte cristo. When we got there I told her I had seen this place on Restaurant Impossible so I was anxious to see how it was. It was not good. I had one bite of my burned hash browns and they only tasted of grease. I ordered 1/2 of a monte cristo and I didn't even eat half of it. It had no taste whatsoever. What happened people???? If you get help then use the help. Don't go back to old ways. We waited to be seated but the couple who came in after us were yelled to "just seat anywhere" This is a place I won't have to waste my money at again.

7  Thank Jean M

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I work near the cafe and have been there several times. One time had an egg dish which was good, but another time had a lunch salad which had wilted leaves. This time, my work buddy John and I walk in for lunch and noticed the front window is pretty much blacked out with whitewash with print promoting the Monte Carlo sandwich. It worked as I thought I will order that sandwich, but was also somewhat disturbed that we couldn't see inside the cafe and it blocked some of the light. We walked in and only three tables were taken and the hostess standing in front of us and instead of seating us or saying "sit where you want" as said in previous visits, she say wait and then goes around to all three tables and then goes back to the kitchen, leaving us waiting. As mentioned, having eaten there before, the food wasn't worth the wait or the unprofessional service, so we left. I guess the intervention ala Restaurant Impossible didn't work on this place. Here's one local that will not return.

4  Thank D L
Reviewed 11 August 2013

May be the worst breakfast experience I have ever had. Out of seven meals ordered, not one, one was edible. Chili cheese omelet: scrambled eggs with about a half pound cheese ball folded into the middle, just sitting there; they advertise real maple syrup, but if you don't specifically ask for it, you will get the standard maple "glue"; the maple syrup that did come out was cold - we had to ask for it to be warmed; my daughter and I ordered the breakfast burrito. The pork sausage in it looked like it had been microwaved - white and rubbery - and tasted old. I took one bite and sent it immediately back. My daughter took one bite of hers and refused to eat more. Appetite ruined. Pancakes were floury and were left largely uneaten. We complained to the waitress and was told they took my burrito off the bill and reduced the remainder by 15%! Are you kidding me!? We asked to see the manager, who, it turns out was aware of our prior complaints, but never bothered her post six feet away talking to an older couple by the front door. When we asked to see her, she she admitted be aware of the issues, and did nothing but repeat that she told the waitress to reduce the ticket by 15%. No apologies, no offer to comp, nothing. Service was horrible, and we had to ask to be waited on. Looking back, we should have walked out right then. I could go on, and on, but the title says it all.

7  Thank VegasGypsyrover
Reviewed 3 July 2013

First of all I don't like giving bad reviews but as I write this I can't help feeling like I need to see a doctor after eating the mismatched spices used in the food cooked in too much cheap oil. Garlic should be in the potatoes not the gravy for biscuits. Turkey sausage was so chewy and over cooked I thought it came out of a world war 2 ration can. The eggs I ordered over medium almost broke when the plate was set on the table. Don't get me wrong, the place is cute and clean like the only waitress but they need to fire the chef today!
Needless to say the prices were way over the top for what you get. I think they can afford another waitress with the money they are saving in buying sub standard food.
I will give them another try when I start seeing more favorable reviews. Television programs are are great advertising vehicle but I think they forgot to wash and wax theirs.
I bid the Maple Street Cafe adieu and hope they get their act together. I can't even finish my food. I think there a McDonald's around the corner.

5  Thank Woody R
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Saw this restaurant on Restaurant Impossible. Basically: Service is lacking. The sign at the door says "Please wait to be seated"...then after waiting, the hostess says...sit wherever you like. The place was busy, but needs more help in the dining room - too slow on taking orders and getting them back from the kitchen. The front staff appears to have no sense of urgency. Took about 50 minutes and food was cold, presuming from sitting waiting to be delivered to the table. Food is just ok. Just as a helpful point- it appears they have two menus: Breakfast and Lunch; so make sure to ask for both to see the entire menu. These folks are open just for breakfast and lunch. We don't live in Vegas, but probably won't visit again. Still can't figure out why they were packed....so, maybe give it a shot and perhaps it's just hit and miss. The décor is great and place is very clean and prices are reasonable.

6  Thank NMRedorGreen