“Robert Irvine.....please come back!”
Review of The Maple Tree Cafe - CLOSED

The Maple Tree Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a breakfast and lunch cafe specializing in homemade breakfast with a New England sugarhouse twist. We have freshly made buttermilk pancakes, red velvet pancakes, buttermilk biscuit breakfast sliders, and daily lunch specials to name a few!
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Saw this restaurant on Restaurant Impossible. Basically: Service is lacking. The sign at the door says "Please wait to be seated"...then after waiting, the hostess says...sit wherever you like. The place was busy, but needs more help in the dining room - too slow on taking orders and getting them back from the kitchen. The front staff appears to have no sense of urgency. Took about 50 minutes and food was cold, presuming from sitting waiting to be delivered to the table. Food is just ok. Just as a helpful point- it appears they have two menus: Breakfast and Lunch; so make sure to ask for both to see the entire menu. These folks are open just for breakfast and lunch. We don't live in Vegas, but probably won't visit again. Still can't figure out why they were packed....so, maybe give it a shot and perhaps it's just hit and miss. The décor is great and place is very clean and prices are reasonable.

6  Thank NMRedorGreen

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We had seen this cafe on TV at the Restaurant Impossible show so we were curious to check it out when we went to Vegas. The lady at the front was not happy when we came in, she quickly sat us down. The waitress came to take our order and she was sort of friendly. When the food came, the fries were awful and soaked in oil. My Cuban sandwich was ok and the other meals were ok as well. She brought us the bill but she did not come back to take our credit card. So I went to the restroom, she was in the back chit chatting with the other workers. Nobody was in the front of the restaurant. I got out of the restroom and she still had not come to take care of our bill. We left cash on the table and left the restaurant.

6  Thank 444Maria444
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Had good service and average food. The eggs Benedict were cooked correctly. Corn beef hash was blah. Too many good choices in Vegas to return.

4  Thank ohenryoh
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We chose this place because they have glutenfree options but immediately regretted it. Though its clean, it's very small and reeks of smoke. The gf pancakes tasted like baking soda and cracked a. Were hard. The gf huevous rancheros were swimming in oil. The eggs were raw despite asking for over-medium. No kids menu. Sons expensive fruit cup had old wrinkled blueberries. Rice and beans tasted pre-bought (canned or powder beans?) And their "special" maple latte was tasteless. $40 breakfast for 4 and we ordered some of the least expensive we could. Utter disappointment

5  Thank glutenfreefinds
Reviewed 8 February 2013

It is pretty evident that the Maple Tree owners and staff don't care about the help Michael from Restaraunt Impossible tried to give them. I saw the episode on TV and was in Las Vegas on Feb 07, 2013 and decided to try it. Worst decision I have ever made. When we pulled up in front of the place at 11:55 I should have known better than to expect anything but disapointment.
There was no one in the restaurant except 1 server, some old lady eating out of a styrofoam cup, I figured must be the owners mother and a fat slobby looking guy that turned out to be the cook. The hostess station had a dog eard note taped to the front that was hand written saying we don't take American express. The runner at the front door looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a week. Sign said wait to be seated, but server/hostess said sit anywhere. Table was not clean, you could see a mop sitting on the floor behind the swinging doors next to the alcove where the drink station is located, there was dirt and debris in every corner. I went to the rest room, the toilet seat had feeces all over it and my feet were sticking to the floor. As I left I glanced into the kitchen and oh what a mess, food, grease and residue all over the place. I should have know it was time to leave but I thought I would give it a try. I ordered a cup of chili and a rueben. Server brought the chili, but no offer of crackers or any bread. After I finished it she asked me how it was, I told her not bad for chili out of a can, she repled No, we make it fresh every day. Okay, fresh out of a can from Nalleys is what it was. The rueben was terrible, it had a sauce on the bottom slice of bread that tasted like tarter sauce, I asked the server what it was and she had to ask the cook to find out that it was some sort of Paoli or something like that mayonaise. It tasted exactly like Tarter Sauce. and to top it off was melting and oozing out of the sandwich. I opened the lid on the catsup to put some on my GREASE FRIES, when I squeezed it water came out all over the fries and sandwich. So they made me another sandwich but it was inedible. I ate a few bites of the meat and a couple fries and belched grease all day. I could have done a whole better at Burger King. So I recomend you do not waste your time with the Maple Tree. I should have looked in the kitchen when I first came, if I had I would not have wasted my money

8  Thank travelingmack