“Very comfortable, clean, walking distance to strip”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Very spacious and clean. The reception desk staff was extremely courteous and helpful. It's a bit of a walk to the strip in the heat but once we discovered we can duck into Bally's and walk in the AC, it became a quick one block walk outside. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank VeteranPuckster
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

We are thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and look forward to your return.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

The hotel was very spacious and clean, great for the price. It had a bed, sleeper sofa, washer and dryer , tub, full kitchen and balcony. The only thing I didnt like was that when I called to ask for more sheets and towels they told me they would be right up and never came.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karen I

I apologize for the lack of service but I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I love the Platinum Hotel. My parents retired to Las Vegas many years ago, and I have stayed at several hotels when visiting. Platinum is by far the best. For a ridiculously low price, it is like having an apartment in Las Vegas. Full kitchen, living room, jacuzzi tub in the bath, etc. I am a nonsmoker, and it is such a pleasure to stay in a hotel in Las Vegas that doesn't allow smoking.

Back in May my father died, and we took our dog with us (we just returned from a 9-day vacation and did not want to leave him again). The hotel allows dogs, and at the end of our trip even waived the small pet fee. We also found a yummy cheese platter in the refrigerator the night before we left. Other reasons why this hotel is a real find: Room service is excellent, the hotel is a short walk off of the Strip (located behind Bally's) and the staff is very friendly and helpful. While this was a very sad time for me, my positive experience with Platinum did make it easier.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Michelle S

Sorry for your loss. I'm glad we were able to put a little sparkle in a trying time of your life.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

After many reviews and searching for the perfect place in Vegas, myself and my [new] wife decided on the Platinum. We were initially concerned about some of the things in other reviews (distance, condition etc) but, upon arrival nothing could be further from the truth!

The place was immaculate and the distance to the strip is only a 10 minute walk which is a great walk, the weather is always great in Vegas!

The staff were great and the suites were incredible, especially for the price! We were so comfortable that we at no point thought were had to go out. A few cosy nights were had in at our Vegas home!

We're already saving to return and stay here!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Wonderful review! We are so pleased you enjoyed the hotel so much that all the glitz and excitement outside could not lure you from a few peaceful nights staying in the hotel.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

I travelled from Sydney after a very long flight to LA, then connected flight to Vegas. As soon as I arrived, the staff were so friendly and helpful. I can not fault their customer service at all. They are very accommodating and always asking is everything ok with your room etc. I choose this Hotel at it is not on the strip and no casino. It is quiet, beautiful view of the strip from my balcony on the 9th floor. I can even see the Bellegio fountain from the balcony. I have booked in for a massage tomorrow at the day spa here and looking forward to that. This place is awsome, I love it, don't want to leave. If you like to get away from the crowds, have some time out, deal with polite friendly staff, then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: I'm on level 9 and all the air con units are around level 5 or 6 from the building next door. N...